Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

That block bumps out their so that would be similar to the "bridge" that Royal Caribbean put through the Atrium on the Voyager/Freedom class between the elevators. Looks flat as well as a much smaller gap between it and the elevators though so it's likely the lower decks. Looking at the deck plans it seems to be the top of 3, all of 4 and 5, as well as the floor of 6. It is from the aft elevator lobby looking back towards Two70. If you look at the deck plans for 5 you'll see the way that walkway extends strait and bulges like this ones does.

That block bumps out their so that would be similar to the "bridge" that Royal Caribbean put through the Atrium on the Voyager/Freedom class between the elevators. Looks flat as well as a much smaller gap between it and the elevators though so it's likely the lower decks. Looking at the deck plans it seems to be the top of 3, all of 4 and 5, as well as the floor of 6. It is from the aft elevator lobby looking back towards Two70. If you look at the deck plans for 5 you'll see the way that walkway extends strait and bulges like this ones does.

I think you're spot on. The rear smoke stacks are on either side of the gap, just behind that blue temporary construction bridge resting atop deck 6 floor.

We're likley talking about glass elevators here. There seems to be 2 other ones (rectangle holes) near each set that may be regular elevators. They are labeled ELEV. in the deck plans.

Many of the blocks in the photos look like they may fit above each other. The two blocks in Tough as leather's middle photo and the one in Lloyd555's (with yellow square) likely lay on top of each other. All have the 8 elevator shafts. I am thinking that the block with the 6 semi-circles cut into it for the elevators (again, as seen in T as L's middle photo) are lower decks or higher ones.

Lloyd - Thanks for sharing the pictures and the link. A very great find indeed. I just returned from vacation and it's good to see something new about Quantum.

Don't know where to go from there. Hold on! Construction of the new Oasis class ship will begin in September 2013! Got'ta find STX France's official photographer and see if there are webcam images of the construction dock! :D

And if there is a webcam ... "Mises à jour plus fréquentes!" :eek:

Don't know where to go from there. Hold on! Construction of the new Oasis class ship will begin in September 2013! Got'ta find STX France's official photographer and see if there are webcam images of the construction dock! :D

And if there is a webcam ... "Mises à jour plus fréquentes!" :eek:

I'm sure STX France now has more cameras than any other ship yard. But none of them'll be able to spot the Oasis III.

Edit: That sounded great in my mind but probably not in anyone else's, lol. Trying to reference the number of arson incidents on the Norwegian Epic yet no one seems to have been arrested.

Don't know where to go from there. Hold on! Construction of the new Oasis class ship will begin in September 2013! Got'ta find STX France's official photographer and see if there are webcam images of the construction dock!

The geek in me couldn't resist. I found something related to STX France and the new Oasis class ship, and posted it. Sigh. Once a sharer, always a sharer. :D

Edited by Lloyd555

Since we can't see the port side of Getaway I wonder how the hull painting is going on that side. It could be done, not started, or about where the starboard side is.

Ingrid Fiebak has a link on her site for the Norwegian Getaway's painting

S692_NCL_Getaway_Painter_23_08_2013, but it is not functioning.

Keep an eye on it...

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/categories.php?cat_id=1402

Edited by Lloyd555

I read a short item about some possible float out date(s) for NCL Getaway, which could give us an idea when the (webcam) focus can turn to the Quantum of the Seas in the building dock II at Meyer Werft.

From schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de:

http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/norwegian-getaway-ausdocken-termin/

The Google translation of part of the article:

Undocking the Norwegian getaway from the Meyer shipyard is planned for early November, quite possible that it happened on the last weekend of October. The Norwegian getaway is currently still in full construction in the building dock II of at Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany. The outer shell is complete and ready, the dock is flooded already for quite some time, the ship swims already. The undocking of the Norwegian getaway is as always about 14 days before the EMS transition that is scheduled for mid-November.

Undocking the Norwegian getaway dates:

25-27.10.2013

01-03.11.2013

And by undocking I assume they mean floating out. I am waiting for an a reply to confirm.

Ugh. If the dates are right, that's two more months of this?

MWJuly12webcam_zpsb82a858c.jpg

UGH is right. Thank the stars that we have the occasional photographer's update.

I like this picture because it's from a point of view that actually shows the keel. Recent pictures of the engine install just showed a mess of machines and framework. As my wife asked: There is a ship under there, right? :o

werften-902-der-erste-block-der-quantum-of-the-seas_zps75a0d3a5.jpg

picture courtesy of kreuzfahrt-praxis

Edited by Cutesy Pie Lover

I, too, may have to go with elevators. Almost seems too narrow for it to be the Esplande.

Lesplanade_zps5492c780.jpg

It is The Funnels/ Smoke stacks

on Decks 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 .

The big bits of steel would be there to attach them to .

Probably attached in a way to be able to contract and expand.

and

4 lifts Top right yellow square

and another

4 lifts middle left yellow square

on Decks 2 , 3 , 4 , 5

Why 4 each side ??

Hardly likely to be 2 each side is it. :rolleyes:

Look at the deck plans ;)

Edited by TheDyesolKid

Seems right, but 4 + 4 (8) lifts/elevators within yellow square? I think there are just 6 glass(?) ones, plus the 2 rectangle 'regular' ones.

And the smokestacks are near them in the greyed out areas below. This is vhat you're saying?

rearstaircaseampfrontsmokestacks_zpsb9a7813c.jpg

The rear elevator lobby's layout is like that of Oasis class ships. Two sets of lobbies across from each other, each with 3 elevators with glass rear walls allowing you to look out, and across the individual lobbies there are your basic elevators, sans glass wall. On the Oasis class, you can ride all the way up to deck 16 and look out the rear of the elevators down to the Royal Promenade below. Don't know if it will be the same for the Quantum class. We will see.

Edit: Here - believe it or not - is a tour of the elevators on the Allure...

I read a short item about some possible float out date(s) for NCL Getaway, which could give us an idea when the (webcam) focus can turn to the Quantum of the Seas in the building dock II at Meyer Werft.

From schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de:

http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/norwegian-getaway-ausdocken-termin/

The Google translation of part of the article:

Undocking the Norwegian getaway from the Meyer shipyard is planned for early November, quite possible that it happened on the last weekend of October. The Norwegian getaway is currently still in full construction in the building dock II of at Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany. The outer shell is complete and ready, the dock is flooded already for quite some time, the ship swims already. The undocking of the Norwegian getaway is as always about 14 days before the EMS transition that is scheduled for mid-November.

Undocking the Norwegian getaway dates:

25-27.10.2013

01-03.11.2013

And by undocking I assume they mean floating out. I am waiting for an a reply to confirm.

I just checked the MW website and they've updated the float out schedule from 'autumn 2013' to 'early November 2013'. That jives with what you found.

Seems right, but 4 + 4 (8) lifts/elevators within yellow square? I think there are just 6 glass(?) ones, plus the 2 rectangle 'regular' ones.

And the smokestacks are near them in the greyed out areas below. This is vhat you're saying?

rearstaircaseampfrontsmokestacks_zpsb9a7813c.jpg

Outside the Yellow square .

The rectangle ones marked Elevators would have to be 20 to 24 foot wide .Not very likely

I think the six Rounded squares are for smokestacks as they come

out exactly in the right place if you look at an image of the smokestacks / funnels . I know there are only 4 large deisels plus 2 turbines ???

Time will tell .

The elevator openings are clearly visible in the image capture from the video posted above. There are clearly 6 openings for the glass elevators and 4 openings for the traditional rectangular elevators shown here toward the bottom of the photo:

879871905_QuantumElevators.jpg.cc65b54bfa638c52c7104dfc66fcb86b.jpg

Edited by Pomperaugrr

The rectangle ones marked Elevators would have to be 20 to 24 foot wide .Not very likely

out exactly in the right place if you look at an image of the smokestacks / funnels . I know there are only 4 large deisels plus 2 turbines ???

Time will tell .

The elevator openings are clearly visible in the image capture from the video posted above. There are clearly 6 openings for the glass elevators and 4 openings for the traditional rectangular elevators shown here toward the bottom of the photo:

Check out TasL's post #240. Pomperaugrr is correct. Check out the deck plans for the Oasis class ships. Those 6 semi-circle/rounded openings are for the glass elevators, not smokestacks.

Time will tell .

The smokestacks do not necessarily rise straight up. watched a show on the construction of either Freedom class or Oasis class and one of their challenges was how to re route the exhaust so it did not have to travel in a straight line thereby opening up more design possibilities.

The smokestacks do not necessarily rise straight up. watched a show on the construction of either Freedom class or Oasis class and one of their challenges was how to re route the exhaust so it did not have to travel in a straight line thereby opening up more design possibilities.

With the greatest of respect go and look at the Deckplans and Images . The Exausts do have a slight bend in them to the rear. There is hardly a need for 8 to 10 Lifts to the SeaPlex . The only possible variation is RCI is playing games and the Exausts are in the area marked ELEV. , and the Lifts are the six rounded squares.

Also go and look at the shots of the Engines and have a bit of a think about their layout and the Exhausts position .

And there is going to be a WaterSlide simulator ;)

I love you! :p At least I know were going to have a "centrum" that I love on most RCI ships!!