Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Well, if we can't get to see more updates on the Quantum of the Seas, then we'll enjoy what we can see of Anthem of the Seas. :D

AnthemoftheSeasDecember30byDavidSauer_1_zpsf9536851.jpg

Photo Courtesy dsauer

I'll take whatever there is on the Quantum class. Maybe with the Anthem photos, we'll see whatever we missed photo-wise with the Quantum! :D

BTW, is the basin divider gone between the two ships? Not that it really matters, but it has been talked about in earlier posts.

Happy New Year to you all. Hope to see more awesome photos and videos in 2014. Really looking foward to sailing on Quantum next January. I will be thinking I saw you when you were a keel block.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Happy New Year to you all. Hope to see more awesome photos and videos in 2014. Really looking foward to sailing on Quantum next January. I will be thinking I saw you when you were a keel block.

Denise Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'll be off to Meyer Werft in January for a tour as part of my Naval Architecture degree, so i'll try and get some photos of Quantum! It is a facilities tour by the technical director so I would imagine this will include the building docks.

Hopefully we will see some great photos from littlesteelo after the Meyer Werft tour.

Let's start off the new year with this photo taken on December 28th.

What has peaked my curiosity is the construction progress chart inset. It shows the progress of both Quantum (in blue) and the Anthem (in pink(?)) and the 3rd Quantum class ship in the bottom two rows(?).

I emailed the photographer to ask if the chart was official, does he know someone on the inside who shared the info, or is it just his estimation. Also asked if a larger readable version was available. Will keep you posted.

Quantum-of-the-seasDecember282013withprogresschart_zpsd4371e8b.jpg

Check out those dates on the left of the chart! Let the first speculating of 2014 begin! :D

Edited by Lloyd555

What has peaked my curiosity is the construction progress chart inset. It shows the progress of both Quantum (in blue) and the Anthem (in pink(?)) and the 3rd Quantum class ship in the bottom two rows(?).

I emailed the photographer to ask if the chart was official, does he know someone on the inside who shared the info, or is it just his estimation. Also asked if a larger readable version was available. Will keep you posted.

Check out those dates on the left of the chart! Let the first speculating of 2014 begin! :D

Given what we can see from the webcam and other pictures posted here, the chart seems to be dead on with the completed milestones thus far. Granted we cant see the back, but we kow from previous photos that aft blocks were "completed" already. Thanks for sharing.

I'll take whatever there is on the Quantum class. Maybe with the Anthem photos, we'll see whatever we missed photo-wise with the Quantum! :D

BTW, is the basin divider gone between the two ships? Not that it really matters, but it has been talked about in earlier posts.

I think the basin divider still there but behind the block that is behind the one with the engines based on the camera angle. I could be wrong, but let's see what the webcam reveals on Monday. We are due for an update.

I think the basin divider still there but behind the block that is behind the one with the engines based on the camera angle. I could be wrong, but let's see what the webcam reveals on Monday. We are due for an update.

Hope we get to see the chart up close. Looks interesting, but need to see what information is in the first gray box of each row that may explain the rest of the row in the chart. Specifically rows 7-9's Anthem progress (2nd column).

Looking forward to a web cam update too. (I don't know what else the custodial staff can do after their last two attempts! :D )

This is from the 'Visitors Center - December 2013' gallery at Andreas Depping at cruiseship-gallery taken during their 3 day event. Another poor view of the Quantum of the Seas. If I ever went to M.W. for a tour, I want to first make sure I can get a better view of whatever ship is in that hall. Cranes are impressive but not interesting. :(

K5S_9132.jpg

There's also these photos in the gallery that I enjoyed:

K5S_9133.jpg

K5S_9099.jpg

Edited by Tough as Leather

I think your right about the Quantum and Anthem in the chart but the third ship should be Breakaway Plus 1 which along with Breakaway Plus 2 will be built before Quantum 3.

Some more pieces being shipped to Meyer Werft for the Quantum class ships.

Nice to see the bulbous bow and the rest of bow blocks. The main bow section (in white) will be one of the last blocks to be installed if they follow the same build process as other ships built in Hall 6.

A nice close-up of a Quantum class bulbous bow.

1948897.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I think your right about the Quantum and Anthem in the chart but the third ship should be Breakaway Plus 1 which along with Breakaway Plus 2 will be built before Quantum 3.

Just a thought but wouldn't those bottom two pink ships still be the anthem being completed after they float out the quantum?

Just a thought but wouldn't those bottom two pink ships still be the anthem being completed after they float out the quantum?

According to the schedule and what has been shared here, you are correct that the pink blocks are Anthem. It was mentioned that the incomplete blocks of Anthem will be floated out first so that the completed Quamtum can leave the building dock and then Anthem blocks will be floated back into Hall 6 for completion. The small black/green looking blocks at the very bottom of the chart across from Anthem should be the keel laying of the first NCL Plus ship, Escape I think.

Schedule lineup in Hall 6

1. Quantum

2. Anthem

3. NCL Escape

4. Quantum Class 3

5. NCL Bliss

Oops. I meant to say the chart's bottom two rows' 2nd column for the third ship of the chart. And with Quantum class on the brain, I forgot about any other cruiseline's ship. :rolleyes:

As for Tough as leather's concern about the second column for rows 7-9, I can see why. Row 7 is blank. Row 8 has a black silhouette (black represents what?). Row 9 is blank.

Edited by Lloyd555

Hi, like this thread an still reading it. Now my fist post:)

2014 Quantum

2015. Anthem

2015 NCL Escape

2016 Quantum Class 3

2016 cruise ship for Star Cruises

2017 NCL Bliss

Year dates from http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyer_Werft

Next Monday is a religous festival day in Germany, most factories are closed. I think the next webcam update will not comming before Tuesday.

2014 Quantum

2015. Anthem

2015 NCL Escape

2016 Quantum Class 3

2017 NCL Bliss

Next Monday is a religous festival day in Germany, most factories are closed. I think the next webcam update will not comming before Tuesday.

Thank you for the Wikipedia link and the heads up on Monday.

2014 Quantum

2015. Anthem

2015 NCL Escape

2016 Quantum Class 3

2017 NCL Bliss

Happy New Year and welcome to CC. You will enjoy it here.

2014 Quantum

2015. Anthem

2015 NCL Escape

2016 Quantum Class 3

2017 NCL Bliss

Welcome to the boards!

Maybe we will get an update, who knows. I think they are trying to kill us! :p

Oops. I meant to say the chart's bottom two rows' 2nd column for the third ship of the chart. And with Quantum class on the brain, I forgot about any other cruiseline's ship. :rolleyes:

As for Tough as leather's concern about the second column for rows 7-9, I can see why. Row 7 is blank. Row 8 has a black silhouette (black represents what?). Row 9 is blank.

I think the black means that it is work to be done in that time period and blank means they haven't started to assemble that part of the ship yet. The block might be completed, but not put into place and welded.