Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Some extra visitor photos from the past – better late than never? Ya, we’re looking forward to NEW photos that reveal the latest in the build, but when you get photos that are of good quality and show a few things that we may have missed, it’s hard to dismiss them.

globetrotter-fotos_de2_zpsa474e26d.jpg

globetrotter-fotos_de3_zps37f5d631.jpg

globetrotter-fotos_de6_zps045cbf66.jpg

globetrotter-fotos_de4_zps5fd29d05.jpg

globetrotter-fotos_de7_zps6380e54c.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

(con't)

There are those deck 3 & 4 windows mentioned in earlier thread by Tall Cruiser (here they're on the Anthem of the Seas)…

globetrotter-fotos_de12_zpsfcf263d6.jpg

globetrotter-fotos_de9_zps90700391.jpg

globetrotter-fotos_de10_zps8f6dbd3a.jpg

globetrotter-fotos_de11_zps7219858d.jpg

Goodness knows that those cranes deserve some attention too! …

globetrotter-fotos_de14_zpsedf35f51.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Some extra visitor photos from the past – better late than never? Ya, we’re looking forward to NEW photos that reveal the latest in the build, but when you get photos that are of good quality and show a few things that we may have missed, it’s hard to dismiss them.

[/url]

globetrotter-fotos_de7_zps6380e54c.jpg

Recent or new photos, I do not care. When they are good like these, like you say, you do not want to miss seeing them. Thank you for posting!!!!

(con't)

There are those deck 3 & 4 windows mentioned in earlier thread by Tall Cruiser (here they're on the Anthem of the Seas)…

globetrotter-fotos_de12_zpsfcf263d6.jpg

Goodness knows that those cranes deserve some attention too! …

Lloyd - Thanks for posting the pictures. As noted above these are some great pictures. Again the Tourist have come to the rescue. Also as said above it does not matter how old or new the pictures are, they are providing us with more details we have not seen before and from different angles.

Edit: The top picture with the cranes is so clear you can count the holes where things get attached to the crane. Try to compare that with some of the Webcam shots we have seen. Night and Day difference.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Yes it was mentioned before that it will be the same color.

Too bad. I prefer white. That pale blue looks like a primer coat of paint to me.

Interesting in all the renderings the hull is white.

Edited by eroller

[ATTACH]309366[/ATTACH] so when is royal gonna update the look of the ship? They don't match.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't know that they will bother to change the (original) renderings. Perhaps if/when they come up with new promotions for the ships they will make more up-to-date images?

On the subject of a difference between the renderings and the actual ship, I am glad to see that they replaced the solid wall with the faux 'arches' on deck 5 near the bow of the ship with small windows.

PhotofoundApril16withdeckplanamprendering_zps35649d8a.jpg

It looks nice in person!

I see OASIS and ALLURE all the time and have sailed both a couple times. To me the color looks industrial like for a tanker or cargo ship. Not my cup of tea but to each his own.

With QUANTUM going to China I guess it won't matter much.

I really didn't buy all of Royal Caribbean's hype around the logic for the color choice. They claim that the color wasn't chosen for the color itself but the color presented when sailing in the caribbean. I didn't see it while we were on the Oasis but it was usually cloudy and windy. When we got to Nassau it was sunny and I could not believe just how incredible the color suddenly looked when the water reflected on it.

DSC01172.JPG

DSC01188.JPG

Sailing from colder climates I'm not sure how well the logic of perfecting the color based on the reflection of caribbean waters will work for Quantum class but after seeing how well the Oasis reflected I couldn't not notice how ugly the reflection was on the white ships in port. Never noticed that before then. They really do take on a grey/green look where as this hull color creates a bright teal.

DSC01191.JPG

So don't knock the color before you see it in it's proper environment, you'll likely be just as surprised as I was.

Edited by DEIx15x8

So don't knock the color before you see it in it's proper environment, you'll likely be just as surprised as I was.

Yup I've seen it in it's proper environment several times, while sailing on OASIS and ALLURE and also from other ships.

Your first picture is a beautiful color in just the right lighting conditions, but most of the time the hull just looks dull to me.

Just a personal preference. I like white or dark blue/black like Cunard, Holland America, or Disney.

I see OASIS and ALLURE all the time and have sailed both a couple times. To me the color looks industrial like for a tanker or cargo ship. Not my cup of tea but to each his own.

With QUANTUM going to China I guess it won't matter much.

So maybe because of Quantum going to China is the reason why the deck plans for Quantum were not updated like Anthem was. (To be honest when I first saw this about China here on CC I thought it was a joke)

Below is the link to the article about Quantum going to China.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/16/royal-caribbean-quantum-china/7781397/

So maybe because of Quantum going to China is the reason why the deck plans for Quantum were not updated like Anthem was. (To be honest when I first saw this about China here on CC I thought it was a joke)

Below is the link to the article about Quantum going to China.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/16/royal-caribbean-quantum-china/7781397/

Hadn't thought of that, but you may be right. I hope they aren't loading her up with cigar bars and gambling rooms though. At least if they are we are rid of her quickly. Based on what I heard about Mariner it sounds like they ruin the ships they bring to Asia in order to cater to that market. Many argue the UK ships are ruined, but the lack of a logo shop is a lot different than converting all the lounges into smoking areas and private gambling rooms.

Hadn't thought of that, but you may be right. I hope they aren't loading her up with cigar bars and gambling rooms though. At least if they are we are rid of her quickly. Based on what I heard about Mariner it sounds like they ruin the ships they bring to Asia in order to cater to that market. Many argue the UK ships are ruined, but the lack of a logo shop is a lot different than converting all the lounges into smoking areas and private gambling rooms.

I did not realize that about Mariner. Too bad. She is the reason we got hooked on RCI after our first cruise on her with Capt. Johnny. I suppose if they make major changes to Quantum she may not be coming back to the US any time soon.

By the way, great pictures above with the blue. That is quite cool.

I agree. Once the ships are converted for Asia cruising they generally don't appeal to Westerners anymore. Just different cultures that have different expectations. There is very little drinking on Asia based cruise ships, but plenty of gambling and karaoke. As already pointed out, the shops, dining, and even entertainment all have to be modified.

I think many Westerners would be turned off by the behavior on a Chinese based cruise ship. Plenty of pushing, shoving, and no concept of waiting in line. Just a different culture but one we are not used to.

The new middle class of Chinese are getting the reputation as the new "Ugly Americans". Very demanding and not at all sensitive of other cultures. Many tour operators will not accept large groups of Chinese just because of the trouble they have had in the past.

UGH. :eek:

All that great info Lloyd posted, and a year's worth of hoping, planning, and looking forward...just went down the drain here now.

We still appreciate all the hard work and time Lloyd invested to date. Some of us are now going to bale though... :(

You do realize FLL is still getting a Quantum class ship right? Just a year later and Quantum 3 instead of Anthem.

They are basically just shuffling around their deployment because of Bermuda.

Kind of disappointed now that Quantum of the Seas will be in China for May 2015, I feel like a kid being told be cant having a snack before bed now. Guess ill just have to do a Southern caribbean now. unless anyone wants to go to China. I am sure that flight will cost alot more.

i wonder if the cruise prices for the other dates that the Quantum will go up in price now ?

You do realize FLL is still getting a Quantum class ship right? Just a year later and Quantum 3 instead of Anthem.

They are basically just shuffling around their deployment because of Bermuda.

And NJ will get Anthem after Liberty so I'm not jumping ship from Quantum but I will be following Anthem's build even closer now. :) I'm actually looking forward to Liberty. I've been on Freedom and we really liked her!

Plus they have Saturday Night Fever...LOL

Edited by tls1012

UGH. :eek:

All that great info Lloyd posted, and a year's worth of hoping, planning, and looking forward...just went down the drain here now.

We still appreciate all the hard work and time Lloyd invested to date. Some of us are now going to bale though... :(

Sorry to hear that. Stay with us though!

I guess one of the reasons many have been enjoying watching the build of the Quantum of the Seas specifically is because they plan to sail on it. Certainly, you'll be able to sail on one of those two ships, the Anthem of the Seas and/or the third ship. If you look at this thread’s content in a general sense, as watching a Quantum-class ship being built, you’re getting to watch how Meyer Werft will build the Anthem or other ship now instead of later. So time well spent. … Did that come out okay?

Trying to find the silver lining. :)

If I'm going to book a cruise on the Quantum, I guess I'd better do it soon. Otherwise I guess I'll book the Anthem for November 2015 to - <what month is the last of the 2015-2016 winter season end?> 2016.