Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Nice to see a new construction video, but at this point I would much rather see someone in the executive office take responsibility for the dining fiasco and say something. While most on here seemed to be losing interest without them releasing updates for a year, I never did, but now I could care less about the construction and want to see them release a video showing how IT messed up. Maybe the minions can go fix some of the servers, they seem a bit more capable.

While I can understand your frustration, I am personally willing to give RCI a bit of a mulligan on this one. Working for a software company, I have seen firsthand how challenging it can be to release a new program. Combine that with what was surely a heavy traffic of curious cruisers, and you've got the perfect recipe for a rough launch. Give them a little time to address the issues and work out the bugs, and I bet they will have it running smoothly with plenty of time to spare for us to make our dining reservations prior to sailing :)

I just felt like pointing out the Meyer Werft visitor center window visible (at top of image) in this screen grab from Royal Caribbean International's video 'Quantum of the Seas Construction Update: Royal Caribbean's Newest Ship Takes Shape'. So many good photos from that window!

7126819af1b222ae87a091e569464f7c.jpg

Funny, we were just talking about interior photos a few days ago. So they were listening or checking here on CC (we all know they do) :)

If they do... Many thanks for the video! Don't forget the Anthem of the Seas in your tweets & other updates! ;-)

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

RCI Construction update video

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/415/quantum-of-the-seas-construction-update-royal-caribbeans-newest-ship-takes-shape/

And this answers the question on whether or not they have started inserting cabins:

Cabin_zpsa21d0b37.png

cabin2_zps679c3aa8.jpg

cabin3_zpsb86bc1b4.png

So I guess that Lamp in the last photo comes bolted down to the desk, or whatever it's on. I can't believe it would be frestanding with the workmen there.

Denise

So I guess that Lamp in the last photo comes bolted down to the desk, or whatever it's on. I can't believe it would be frestanding with the workmen there.

Denise

Bolted down, placed there by the camera crew or the worker brings it from cabin to cabin, what with there being no overhead lights yet installed...

Bolted down, placed there by the camera crew or the worker brings it from cabin to cabin, what with there being no overhead lights yet installed...

That lamp is part of the cabin itself. It is probably bolted to the table/desk. The light you're seeing in the picture is from the arc of the worker welding. The lamp is off. You can tell it is from the welder because of how white the light is. Welders generally like working in semi-dark areas.

That lamp will be in use a few months from now though!

Edited by hitaway4

That lamp is part of the cabin itself. It is probably bolted to the table/desk. The light you're seeing in the picture is from the arc of the worker welding. The lamp is off. You can tell it is from the welder because of how white the light is. Welders generally like working in semi-dark areas.

That lamp will be in use a few months from now though!

The lamp could ... no, should also be used by my minion joke writer to stay more alert when writing in his notebook. I blame the bombing of my last comment on him.

Miniousingcabinlampwithlight_zps4976b940.png

Edited by Lloyd555

The lamp could ... no, should also be used by my minion joke writer to stay more alert when writing in his notebook. I blame the bombing of my last comment on him.

You have succeed again Lloyd to get me laughing out loud at work!!! What a way to brighten a rainy Thursday.

Very "enlightening" post! :D

Eric

Photos taken by someone in the Swedish delegation.

No photos allowed in the hall, huh? I guess this person didn’t get the massage.

(My minion joke writer has redeemed himself)

EDIT!! It's a Swiss delegation! I translated incorrectly. Don't tell the minion - he's proud of himself.

10271646_742506492437474_6447759204433017024_n_zps45a25b04.jpg

May22Anee-MarieHofer_zpsca20c5f9.jpg

May22Anee-MarieHofer_2_zps5a688fbb.jpg

This one is going to be a favorite. They're going to float that out!

May22Anee-MarieHofer_1_zpseef9d4b7.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Photos taken by someone in the Swedish delegation.

No photos allowed in the hall, huh? I guess this person didn’t get the massage.

(My minion joke writer has redeemed himself)

EDIT!! It's a Swiss delegation! I translated incorrectly. Don't tell the minion - he's proud of himself.

10271646_742506492437474_6447759204433017024_n_zps45a25b04.jpg

May22Anee-MarieHofer_zpsca20c5f9.jpg

May22Anee-MarieHofer_2_zps5a688fbb.jpg

This one is going to be a favorite. They're going to float that out!

May22Anee-MarieHofer_1_zpseef9d4b7.jpg

Great photos as always. Two things that I notice, the poles for the outside windjammer area looks like they may allow for the canopy to have walls in addition to the roof in case of rain. The photo also makes it obvious that the bridge wings will be outside. That will be a tough place to get to during arrivals and departures. It's a tough place to get to on Oasis and those are secret, these are off the adult solarium.

It is hard to believe the section of Anthem can be floated out. I would bet there is nothing low in the keel for ballast which has to make it more difficult to keep upright. I would think they would have a wind limit on being able to move the section.

It is hard to believe the section of Anthem can be floated out. I would bet there is nothing low in the keel for ballast which has to make it more difficult to keep upright. I would think they would have a wind limit on being able to move the section.

That section contains the engines so it was likely picked intentionally to lower the center of gravity.

Only because there is a lull in photos...

I really like the look of this ship, MSC Cruises new 'Seaside' prototype.

There are features of this ship that I really like. Nice lines. Thanks for sharing.

(Would love to be trying to look at these pics on a mobile phone right now! They're HUGE! :) )

Edited by Lloyd555

There are features of this ship that I really like. Nice lines. Thanks for sharing.

(Would love to be trying to look at these pics on a mobile phone right now! They're HUGE! :) )

So sorry about that. I didn't realise!

Edited by Cutesy Pie Lover