Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

After we got off the Silhouette, I managed to have a discussion with someone in the "X" president's office and this topic came up. I mentioned that it wold not be a bad idea to include one of these

14262983_120921223000.jpg

in each cabin. I have to assume that they have not done this yet. Maybe some of us may have to bring our own. :rolleyes::D

Lol! Love it :D

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Speaking of renderings, if anyone wants to see the layout of the Interior Studio Stateroom, it is part of the Family Connected Junior Suite with Balcony in this rendering. It would be an example of cabin 13230:

FamilyConnectedJuniorSuitewithBalconywithdeckplanampoutline_zps61123226.jpg

Guess the virtual screen is across from the bed. Or in the little hallway? ;)

The SI cabins do not have a virtual balcony. They have a "virtual window" that is really just a channel available on the TV. That's probably in the brown box in the lower left of the cabin rendering.

The SI cabins do not have a virtual balcony. They have a "virtual window" that is really just a channel available on the TV. That's probably in the brown box in the lower left of the cabin rendering.

Or better yet the flat brown thing on the wall across from the head of the bed. Or maybe that's a door, sorry. Hard to tell in that view. Wish they'd just give us better renderings of the cabins now.

Denise

Edited by DKNYC

There was some comments on different parts of the ship being a Solsticizing of Royal ships which was a thought way back when Project Sunshine was announced. Some of the comments came from me when there was talk about the design of the Promenade. Now that I see the rendering of a cabin, they seem to have done it here as well. The storage space over the bed is the same as it was on the Solstice class ships for "X". There was much discussion when we were on the Silhouette about this. For me it is not an issue, but for others, like my wife, unless you climb on the bed, that storage space is not convenient.

I was very concerned prior to sailing the Equinox last year that I would have difficulty accessing the over the bed storage. I'm only 5'2" so I thought I would have to stand on the bed. Not so! I was able to retrieve anything I wanted with no effort. I loved our cabin. I hope the bathrooms are solticized as well. The storage was great.

Yes, that's right. I wasn't paying attention.

SI is a Studio Interior Stateroom with Virtual View

Similar to another cruise line...

maxresdefault.jpg

While we're discussing the super studios with balcony, has anyone seen an actual rendering of the E balcony rooms, which just look like a fatter version of the super studio? I looked but only found renderings of the D balconies for some reason, maybe I was looking in the wrong place?

Any takers on the E balcony rendering? I assume no since nobody answered. I'm just fascinated at how those cabins will be laid out, and not just because I booked one :p

Any takers on the E balcony rendering? I assume no since nobody answered. I'm just fascinated at how those cabins will be laid out, and not just because I booked one :p

I haven't seen any renderings. Hopefully we'll see something from RCI. Otherwise I'll get a photo during cabin crawl on Nov. 2-10 cruise.

My question: Any update on float out of Anthem of the Seas section at Meyer Werft at end of this month?

I haven't seen any renderings. Hopefully we'll see something from RCI. Otherwise I'll get a photo during cabin crawl on Nov. 2-10 cruise.

My question: Any update on float out of Anthem of the Seas section at Meyer Werft at end of this month?

Cool, that's what I thought. Thanks!

Enjoy this section of Anthem while it's still here. It may be going for a swim outside soon.

Sent from Lloyd's mobile phone

Significant progress on Anthem's SeaPlex!

I know it is just the camera angle but Anthem looks to me to be taller then Quantum.

Is is taller.

Seing as the ship is going to UK, they'll be using bumper double deckers buses rather than bumper cars in the SeaPlex. This will require a higher ceiling in the venue.

MainBus-438x415.png

Is is taller.

Seing as the ship is going to UK, they'll be using bumper double deckers buses rather than bumper cars in the SeaPlex. This will require a higher ceiling in the venue.

MainBus-438x415.png

LOL! That is a good one.

When Anthem is floated out she will most likely be totally covered with that white cover material. So as you noted, better take a good look now and take those pictures.

Is is taller.

MainBus-438x415.png

That should make for some added fun

LOL

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The German website says that these are lifts for the performers in the theater onboard the Quantum-class ships. I'm thinking that they could (also) be for Two70 performers.

http://www.metallbau-socher.at/referenzen/personen-versenkungslifte/

photo-2-595x555.jpg

photo-1-444x595.jpg

Those look more like upright pig roast pits. Kind of creepy looking if you ask me and totally forgot it was Monday...love the work on Anthem.

Kind of reminds me of those old pnumatic (sp?) tubes from the department stores back in the olden days. Anyone remember those? But these are people sized. I'd be scared if I had to ride it though.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Those look more like upright pig roast pits. Kind of creepy looking if you ask me and totally forgot it was Monday...love the work on Anthem.

I agree, creepy!

I know it is just the camera angle but Anthem looks to me to be taller then Quantum.

It could be the angle, or maybe Quantum is sitting on the bottom to receive her final paint job while Anthem may be floating in preparation to move out.