B2B why do you do them?

Jiminy1955

I loathe flying. We don't often do a b-2-b but when we do, it is because we can cruise for 14 days with only one set of (obnoxious) flights. We have to drive into our airport city the night before, have a hotel and meals out, then fly and connect and fly (usually an 18 hr day) to get to the embarkation port. Coming home is only marginally better and we usually end up in the line-up to clear Customs around 11 pm, then face a 2 to 2 1/2 drive on snowy mountain roads after midnight. Anything that reduces the pre and post cruise travel is a good thing ;)

We did a slight variation of b2b. We took RC Navigator of the Seas Saturday to Saturday to the Western Caribbean on week one. The spent a night in Miami and got on RC Radiance of the Sea for a Sunday to Sunday Eastern Caribbean cruise. This way we got a different ship with different entertainment for the second week.

We are doing a B2B2B2B2B cruise next April and May. Same ship (NCL Pearl), same cabin but completely different itineraries. It is a total of 37 days and, although each cruise is available for those who wish to have a shorter cruise to a particular area, the 4 cruises were also marketed as a long single cruise.

1st cruise - Western Caribbean

2nd cruise - Central America, Mexico, Panama Canal and west coast to LA.

3rd cruise - West Coast - LA to Vancouver.

4th cruise - Alaska - finishing in Seattle.

Sure makes the long and expensive flights from Australia worthwhile.

Why do people do B2B's? Same ship, same itinerary....I don't get it!

We have done tons of back-to-back cruises and love them.

In fact our first cruises were back-to-back.

It is not the same itinerary.

They vary a lot. One week Southern Caribbean and the next week Eastern Caribbean. OR one week western Caribbean and the next week eastern Caribbean.

Alaska -- northern route out of Vancouver -- and then southern route out of Seward or Whittier.

Europe -- Eastern and Western Med.

And the list goes on.

Most itineraries alternate week to week. When I did my back to back, I had one cruise booked, then there was a ridiculous deal on the cruise the next week. For an extra $500pp I got a second cruise & only had to pay for one set of flights.

Also, for me because of my position at work, each calendar year I have to take 2 consecutive weeks of vacation (10 business days). By taking a back to back, it makes the most of my vacation time too.

We did a slight variation of b2b. We took RC Navigator of the Seas Saturday to Saturday to the Western Caribbean on week one. The spent a night in Miami and got on RC Radiance of the Sea for a Sunday to Sunday Eastern Caribbean cruise. This way we got a different ship with different entertainment for the second week.

But you had to pack at home, unpack on the ship, pack again on the ship, unpack a few things in the hotel, pack those things back up and unpack on the ship,,,,, then pack again at the end of the cruise.

You had to get in the taxi or whatever transportation, check in hotel (hopefully without waiting for 2 P.M. or later check in time), out for dinner, check out of hotel, back in taxi, check in again at another cruise ship.......

I'm tired!!! :D

But you had to pack at home, unpack on the ship, pack again on the ship, unpack a few things in the hotel, pack those things back up and unpack on the ship,,,,, then pack again at the end of the cruise.

You had to get in the taxi or whatever transportation, check in hotel (hopefully without waiting for 2 P.M. or later check in time), out for dinner, check out of hotel, back in taxi, check in again at another cruise ship.......

I'm tired!!! :D

Sounds like my typical shore excursion. I'm sure glad I haven't reached the point in life where that is too tiring after a week of vacation. :-)

That is not considered a true back-to-back cruise.

A true back-to-back cruise is when you stay on the same ship - in the same cabin.

I would not want to pack, unpack, pack, unpack, etc.

Because we don't want to get off the bloody ship ;).

This will be our first b2b.

We are doing the Western and Eastern on Oasis.

I too never want the cruise to end so I will not only be looking forward to the next leg, but will enjoy staying on the ship and watching others disembark.:)

Sounds like my typical shore excursion. I'm sure glad I haven't reached the point in life where that is too tiring after a week of vacation. :-)

:D We've been doing b-to-b's for over 20 years and always not only stayed on the same ship but in the same cabin. :) We like ease and comfort on our vacations.

Different strokes and all that...... ;)

Most are not the same itinerary....it stretches your vacation out. What don't you get? And why does it bother you what others choose to do?

:cool:

It doesn't bother me at all what others choose to do! Why would you make a comment like that anyway? I've only cruised one other time and had no idea what was special about b2b......now I understand more about them thank you very much!

It doesn't bother me at all what others choose to do! Why would you make a comment like that anyway? I've only cruised one other time and had no idea what was special about b2b......now I understand more about them thank you very much!

I find it doesn't pay off to react to those posts that are not very nice.

I think your question was an honest one, and I'm glad we were able to clarify to you about B2Bs.

When we first booked my b2b on Oasis I booked a Boardwalk balcony. Then we decided that we didn't want to look at the back of the ship for 2 weeks. We had booked the very end cabin so that we could also see the ocean as well as the aqua theater, boardwalk and the ships wake. I then changed to have the boardwalk for the first leg and then change to an oceanview balcony for the second leg. Well after much thought, we realized just how much we LOVE looking at the ocean from our balcony and booked the same oceanview balcony for both legs. We are now happy with our choice and will have the same cabin for both legs. Good thing we initially booked over 600 days out.:D

We recently completed our first B2B and loved it! We did have a different itinerary the second week so that was not an issue. However, even if the itinerary is the same both weeks so what? There is plenty to see and do in ports if you go back more than once. I'm sure those that spend a week in say, Cozumel, don't wrap up all there is to do in the first eight hours! :p

We do our b2bs on Princess. Usually different itineray. Twice we have done a one way cruise b2b to avoid the hassle and expense of flying home from the end of the first cruise.

We do them for different itineraries and also to avoid the torture of airlines. A 7 day cruise is too short so we will take the one before or after to see different ports. We did do a B2B on the Allure. Not to see the ports but it takes 2 weeks to appreciate that ship. WOW!

We do them for different itineraries and also to avoid the torture of airlines. A 7 day cruise is too short so we will take the one before or after to see different ports. We did do a B2B on the Allure. Not to see the ports but it takes 2 weeks to appreciate that ship. WOW!

That's why we are doing a b2b on Oasis. The cruise critic board posters agree with you, that 7 days is too short to really appreciate the ship.

Why do people do B2B's? Same ship, same itinerary....I don't get it!

Because the only thing better than 1 cruise is 2! :D I do prefer to back to backs on different ships though. However, I'll take it anyway I can!

We drove [ one way car rental ] from Boston to the Florida keys for a weeks vacation on land in April. It was very enjoyable to see the U.S. country side . We followed that with a 7 day western Caribbean cruise out of Tampa ,Fl. Then a 12 day reposition cruise back to Boston . Amazing to see and feel the contrast in climate in just a twenty four hour drive . It really is a small world !!! Loved 19 days @ sea .

Archived