84 ocean view balcs left...sailing in Nov 13

If there are only 84 ocean view balconies left on this ship for a Nov '13 sailing...do you think this ship is heading for a full "boat"...or is 84 available a bit on the low side?

Friend has a Guarantee...and was trying to speculate on where they might end up....It's fun speculating...

Thank you.

Which ship? On Oasis, that would be pretty full;) It's still pretty early, Im not a TA, but I wouldn't think it's time to start thinking about full vs empty, and potential upgrades yet...final payments haven't even been made . But it is fun, isn't it!:D

A lot of people hold out cabins because they 'think' they might take the cruise.

Find out when the final payment is due, probably sometime in August.

You will then see a LOT of rooms magically appear as people that have held have to make up their minds or hit the penalty time so they release their rooms.

Get on some internet agency email lists as there will be some sales.

As far as upgrades....we have been on over 40 cruises with many different cruiselines.We are Diamond on Royal. We have NEVER had an upgrade.

But......I also keep dreaming :O)

My next RCI cruise isn't until January and balcony cabins have been sold out for months :( I'm kind of afraid there's going to be a huge group on board, but I haven't found any proof of that yet. The cruises before and after still have dozens of balcony cabins left :confused:

I bet that once final payment date comes around, lots of cabins will open up, as people holding reservations decide to cancel, and TA's holding blocks of cabins release the unsold ones.

My next RCI cruise isn't until January and balcony cabins have been sold out for months :( I'm kind of afraid there's going to be a huge group on board, but I haven't found any proof of that yet. The cruises before and after still have dozens of balcony cabins left :confused:
MLK holiday weeks are always popular, also there appears to be a Masonic Lodge group selling spots on your cruise.

http://www.oestar.org/jan_2014_wgp_cruise0001.pdf

It is really too far out to speculate. Lots of cabins open up just after final payment.

On one of my balcony guarantees, there were no balcony cabins showing and several of us had not received our assignments. Only suites were showing as available. Well the assignments came and all were given some sort of balcony cabin Either RCCL held cabins back or other balcony passengers were moved up to the suites, freeing up the standard balcony cabins.

Good luck

M

Archived