do you get lower price?

turkeysmoker

No, not always. If it is before the date of final payment, you might get the lower price ( but that also might jeopardize any special deals you have for that cruise ). If after the date of final payment, you do not get the price drop.

I believe Celebrity is trying to raise their prices. I had a similar experience on the Summit for a July sailing. I booked an oceanview room during the 123 Go promotion in Feb. and recently wanted to upgrade to Aqua class. Currently the Aqua class room prices for resident rates are about $250. more than we paid for an ocean view cabin. We were willing to pay that. When I asked about upgrading they said we would lose our perks or would have to pay $450. more for the same Aqua class cabin. I don't believe Celebrity is concerned about filling cabins the way they use to be. When I looked online 50% of the Aqua class cabins were unsold.

As someone once said, "You pays your money and makes your choices." I think you have to look at what you want: a specific cabin or the final cost of your cruise. For example, I too, booked a 123 Go promo (got all three perks: classic drinks package; gratuities; and, a $300. OBC.) The value of this promotion for a 12-day cruise is $1790.40. There is a limit as to how much any cruiseline is going to give away. You had to book an oceanview (or better) cabin to participate in 123 Go, which helps to balance the equation of how much you are saving (or how much the cruiseline is making.) I have to say that this is the best deal I have ever gotten on a cruise with an additional $100. OBC and free travel insurance from my TA, as well as a complimentary one category upgrade as a member of the Captain's Club. When the final payment date for booking the cruise passes, you may see drastic reductions in Aqua class cabins. You can always book at the last minute and snag a bargain. It all depends on how much you want to go on a particular cruise and what cabin category makes you happy.

Well put, Gypsy Rover....

I am also seeing price reductions on AQ for my future cruise, and I know that I can't pursue moving to this category without giving up my existing deal. I'm good with that, and I'm good with the perks I got when I booked.

If you ask or tell what you paid, you will feel bad. I only book at a price that is okay for me. I'm sure that there are people who got a fabulous deal and paid less than me. I don't want to know what you paid. And, I'm sure that you don't want to know what I paid....especially if I paid less than you. I also don't care to know your cabin category or location. I am only interested in my cabin.

Recently booked and took a cruise to Bermuda. Found a fantastic deal on AQ deck 11. The price was lower than inside, OV, balcony, and CC. It didn't qualify for the 123, and the TA said that their prepaid wouldn't be included either, but it was worth the price. If I added the cost of the Classic package and the gratuities that the TA would have paid it would have added up to the regular normal rate for that cruise and date.

On another cruise I booked very early and got a good rate and the cabin I wanted. They came out with the 123 and I called the TA about getting that promo. I would have had to give up my SBC from my certificate and paid the increase of how much that category went up. It amounted to more than the Classic package was worth.

It all comes out in the wash.

Archived