Noordam Adriatic Explorer highlights video 2013

Bellair

Just finished editing this so we hope you enjoy this part of the highlights

Sail Holland America's Noordam from Rome to Athens (15 Days) visiting Livorno/Florence, Venice, Naples & Amalfi Coast, Corsica France, Corfu, Argostoli, Olympia, Santorini & Piraeus Greece, Dubrovnik & Split Croatia in April/May 2013

Click link to view:

Regards

NB

Beautiful video. We're eying a similar cruise for June 2014 so thanks for the preview.

Any they still have the donkeys in Santorini LOL. Stinky beasts as I remember. If I get there again I think I'll choose the new cable car.

Sail Holland America's Noordam from Rome to Athens (15 Days) visiting Livorno/Florence, Venice, Naples & Amalfi Coast, Corsica France, Corfu, Argostoli, Olympia, Santorini & Piraeus Greece, Dubrovnik & Split Croatia in April/May 2013

Click link to view:

Regards

NB

Nice video, but you can rent these at the library, you should have shown more of the ship and the atmosphere on board..

Hi & thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately I had no more space to show the ship, but there are many video's showing the on board experience, as with all of my past video's, but take heart...on the next leg of this cruise, I will be showing highlights of the Noordam including their latest money making venture, the construction of the new Cabana's on the top deck.

No one was allowed on the upper level during this cruise as the team were assembling these.

Re renting the video of ports, I doubt that there are any out there less than 3 years old & not 2013 eh!

NB

Nice video, but you can rent these at the library, you should have shown more of the ship and the atmosphere on board..

I really enjoyed your video. I will be going to many of the same ports this fall on my Noordam cruise. We were supposed to go to Split, but they changed it to Kotor, Montenegro. After seeing Split, I am really sorry. My favorite was the part on Venice. That is really the whole reason I am doing this cruise and your video really has me excited about it! Yours were some of the most beautiful pictures of Venice I have seen....a very different perspective. Were the beginning scenes from the ship?

I really enjoyed your video. I will be going to many of the same ports this fall on my Noordam cruise. We were supposed to go to Split, but they changed it to Kotor, Montenegro. After seeing Split, I am really sorry. My favorite was the part on Venice. That is really the whole reason I am doing this cruise and your video really has me excited about it! Yours were some of the most beautiful pictures of Venice I have seen....a very different perspective. Were the beginning scenes from the ship?

Hi there,

So glad you enjoyed the video. The 2nd leg 'ancient explorer' will be out soon.

Yes I had to be on the upper deck by 6am for the arrival scenes.

The Camera is one of the latest Sony pro with an excellent built in steady cam, so no need for a tripod. The footage was captured on the broadcast setting for high resolution. I use the footage as part of work in my own video production company.

Regards

Bellair

I usually don't watch posted videos but made an exception based on the comments.

This is beautiful. It drew me in and really held my attention. So well crafted. I like the way you "panned and cropped" your videos - it made it so effective. The titles are effective- I don't usually like them, but these really work.

Did you hand hold your camera for the videos?

What software are you using for post production?

The short area where you ran multitrack ( photo over photo) was really effective.

The short map sections were very effective and kept it together.

We'll be watching this again. You are inspiring me to finish off my Antarctic videos (only 5 more modules to go!)

~TC

A few more questions, if you don't mind. :). DH just got up and I shared your video with him, and he's wondering:

Is "broadcast" the Sony name for HD or does that indicate something else?

Are you higher than 1080p and doing Ken Burns during post production?

( so not tripod, therefore, no slide bar and less equipment?)

Thanks!

~TC

Hi there,

So glad you enjoyed the video. The 2nd leg 'ancient explorer' will be out soon.

Yes I had to be on the upper deck by 6am for the arrival scenes.

The Camera is one of the latest Sony pro with an excellent built in steady cam, so no need for a tripod. The footage was captured on the broadcast setting for high resolution. I use the footage as part of work in my own video production company.

Regards

Bellair

Thanks for the info... now I won't expect to get the same great shots! You are a Pro...that explains all!:) I can, however, get myself up at the crack of dawn :eek: to be sure I see the view.

A few more questions, if you don't mind. :). DH just got up and I shared your video with him, and he's wondering:

Is "broadcast" the Sony name for HD or does that indicate something else?

Are you higher than 1080p and doing Ken Burns during post production?

( so not tripod, therefore, no slide bar and less equipment?)

Thanks!

~TC

G'day there,

Many thanks for your very nice comments, I appreciate it!

Yes the camera was hand held, hence the excellent steadycam built into this.

The editing was completed on IMovie & Final Cut X all on 1080p.

I could have posted it to youtube on a higher format but takes too long, although I have seen my video's on a full 60" screen via apple TV & looks good.

The music used was sourced from my collection of background music which was a reflection of each country visited 9including the track called 'Venice' on the Venice segment.

Make sure to watch the next portion of the cruise we continued on from Athens to Istanbul. (sometime next week)

Regards

Bellair

Thanks for the info... now I won't expect to get the same great shots! You are a Pro...that explains all!:) I can, however, get myself up at the crack of dawn :eek: to be sure I see the view.

Hi Anne,

You should get some great shots on the Sky Deck (right side) as you arrive...don't forget to set the alarm!!

Hi Anne,

You should get some great shots on the Sky Deck (right side) as you arrive...don't forget to set the alarm!!

Does the Daily Activity Guide (can't remember HAL's name for it and can't find one at the moment) tell you what time you pass by or just the docking time? I know usually it is just the disembark time. We are supposed to dock at 9:00 am. Sunrise is about 6:30 am so if we came in around 7:00 am that would be great. The sun should be hitting the buildings nicely. Notice how optimistic I am that there will be no rain!

Click link to view:

Regards

NB

Fantastic, beautiful and a few questions. I edit video myself but want to know what program you used and where you got your music from? The transition were excellent the shots really high quality, clap, clap, clap.

Fantastic, beautiful and a few questions. I edit video myself but want to know what program you used and where you got your music from? The transition were excellent the shots really high quality, clap, clap, clap.

See 3 posts above yours. ;)

Now were looking forward to the sequel.

Does the Daily Activity Guide (can't remember HAL's name for it and can't find one at the moment) tell you what time you pass by or just the docking time? I know usually it is just the disembark time. We are supposed to dock at 9:00 am. Sunrise is about 6:30 am so if we came in around 7:00 am that would be great. The sun should be hitting the buildings nicely. Notice how optimistic I am that there will be no rain!

I have attached an image of the Noordam's 'On Location' daily.

It shows us arriving at 8am but we arrived earlier. We went past St. Marks around 7am

746641906_VeniceonNoordam.jpg.da40690fe9532546ce03205a67bf1cc4.jpg

Many thanks for your kind comments. As mentioned details you require were posted a couple of days ago. Production music was used to match the country/port.

On the next video, I may have to repeat some Greek music but will have an Egyptian style for the two ports there & some Turkish music.

Regards

Bellair

Archived