Room Service Menus.....

sail7seas

Now that we have read the new breakfast room service menu, is anyone beside me wondering if all the room service menus are being revamped?

I suspect we might see a new 'available 24 hours' and 'between specific hours' menus come out soon.

Anything in particular you really, really would like HAL to add to a new Room Service Menu?

I know there are a few very popular items CC'ers would be unhappy to see discontinued such as the club sandwich and chocolate cake. :)

Well, Sail, you are 100% correct about the Club Sandwich. HAL's Room Service does the best Club Sandwich I have ever had.

One item to add, maybe: Popcorn.

While watching an in-room movie, either on the DVD players or the regularly scheduled programming, it would be nice to have a bag of popcorn just like one can obtain ( if others have not snatched them all) before the regular movies shown at a variety of venues (depending upon the ship).

Well, Sail, you are 100% correct about the Club Sandwich. HAL's Room Service does the best Club Sandwich I have ever had.

One item to add, maybe: Popcorn.

While watching an in-room movie, either on the DVD players or the regularly scheduled programming, it would be nice to have a bag of popcorn just like one can obtain ( if others have not snatched them all) before the regular movies shown at a variety of venues (depending upon the ship).

If you don't mind paying for your popcorn:

2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_190.JPG

2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_191.JPG

2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_192.JPG

We tried the Club Sandwich once. The bacon was undercooked and whimmpy from having been kept in the refrigerator as a leftover from breakfast.

Try it again.

Many here have enjoyed the club sandwiches through the years. Maybe you just got unlucky the once you ordered it.

We often think some nights the RS Club Sandwich is better than what is being served in the MDR.

Really? I tried the club house sandwich on my Eurodam cruise about a month ago, because of reports here, and was unimpressed. It was okay but nothing that I need to order again. My mother didn't like it at all. It seemed like processed meats, a cheesy product slice that I wouldn't eat at home and a whole bunch of bread. The tomato was okay but not fully ripe (which is pretty much what we get at home unless we grow it ourselves!).

I'll take the MDR food any time over the clubhouse.

What is it that you all like about it?

Really? I tried the club house sandwich on my Eurodam cruise about a month ago, because of reports here, and was unimpressed. It was okay but nothing that I need to order again. My mother didn't like it at all. It seemed like processed meats, a cheesy product slice that I wouldn't eat at home and a whole bunch of bread. The tomato was okay but not fully ripe (which is pretty much what we get at home unless we grow it ourselves!).

Oh my, I was excited to try it before this post. I'll give it a go on our upcoming cruise and report back.

Maybe DH and I are weird but we do not like having Room Service for anything ever. It has been years since we ordered from Room Service or at least on HAL. I have never ever been impressed with breakfast from room service. Plus HAL cabins even in full suites (except for the PH) are not conducive to dining in room. Where at least on NCL there is a normal size table. If the cabin was set up differently maybe. We have done a few breakfasts out on the balcony but find the food is cold or gets cold by the time you set it up outside.

Maybe DH and I are weird but we do not like having Room Service for anything ever. It has been years since we ordered from Room Service or at least on HAL. I have never ever been impressed with breakfast from room service. Plus HAL cabins even in full suites (except for the PH) are not conducive to dining in room. Where at least on NCL there is a normal size table. If the cabin was set up differently maybe. We have done a few breakfasts out on the balcony but find the food is cold or gets cold by the time you set it up outside.

In the Caribbean, Room Service Breakfast on our verandah is lovely. When you live in the cold northeast, breakfast on the verandah in a Caribbean island is very welcome in the middle of winter. :)

DH does far prefer Pinnacle but he knows I like that verandah breakfast at least once a cruise. :)

Has anyone ever had their club sandwich arrive with ketchup on it? Usually love the room service clubs, but the last time I ordered one it arrived dripping with ketchup. Uh...odd.

That sounds awful.

Mayonaise yes. Ketchup definitely no.

Has anyone ever had their club sandwich arrive with ketchup on it? Usually love the room service clubs, but the last time I ordered one it arrived dripping with ketchup. Uh...odd.

YUCK ... :eek: ... I hope it was a mixup in the kitchen and you got someone's special order.

My last cruise was on Celebrity and I loved their room service menu! I always enjoyed everything I got. I am a little disappointed in the hot food selection on HAL's room service menu but I do appreciate the "mal de mer" menu although I've never needed to use it. I remember X's lasagne and their quesadilla being really yummy! I will have to try the club sandwich on my trip. A month and counting! I'm so excited!!

That is something else -- unripened tomatoes. We also like ours very ripe.

I for one would love to see HAL's Bread pudding ( for me with vanila sauce) added to the room service menu. Yum!

I also wish that Bread pudding would be added to the desert menu in the MDR.

We never order room service ever for anything. For the last 4-5 years, prior to each cruise we have been saying that we should try breakfast or lunch from room service, but we never do. We love to be up and out early as the ship comes to life in the morning. And we never know what we feel like doing come lunch time.

We ordered 2 club sandwiches for lunch on our Ryndam cruise in March. After waiting an hour for it to be delivered, the bread was burned on the bottom of mine and both of the sandwiches were soggy as were the potato chips. It obviously sat somewhere too long waiting to be delivered. Should have sent it back, but didn't want to wait another hour to eat.

I find room service to be hit or miss. We usually order room service for breakfast, but I have learned not to order anything toasted and just settle for juice and a muffin. It's pretty difficult to screw that up.

I wonder if cuts in labor costs (how much has help in the galley which pax don't normally see been slashed?) and a lowering of ingredient quality over the past few years are responsible for the recent reviews posted here of Room Service food and service. If just the posts here re the Club Sandwich are any indication there has been a drastic decline in quality of that item alone and other RS menu favorites and in the service itself.

It can't be a coincidence that even the Club Sandwich, so highly praised for years and years and mentioned so often on CC as a favorite of all who ordered it, is now getting bad reviews. We never had anything but ripe tomatoes, fresh lettuce, perfectly cooked toast, crispy bacon and it was a GREAT sandwich on every one of the many HAL ships we sailed. We never failed to order it several times on every HAL cruise we ever took.

We tried the Club Sandwich once. The bacon was undercooked and whimmpy from having been kept in the refrigerator as a leftover from breakfast.

We did try it in 2011 and 2012 -- different ships -- still the same terrible sandwich.

I must have misunderstood when you wrote 'once' in your first post.

there's always 2013:D:D

:) :)

Where's the Like button?

Archived