Guess what I found ?

COLLEYBERRY

Guess what I found ? A 14 day Canada / New England cruise leaving from and returning to Montreal !!! I didn't know Hal offered such an itinerary. Oct 4 Maasdam...later in the season .. the leaves will be oh so pretty

Montreal is a really short flight from Toronto...or better yet take a road trip to Ottawa..visit my brother and his wife maybe convince them to come on the cruise with us...leave our car there.. one of my nieces or nephew I am sure would drive us to Montreal (only an hour from Ottawa and they love their Auntie Col :o...plus Montreal shopping is wonderful ( Montreal women have such a flare;)) so a win for them too.

Just imagine a cruise with no air travel...now that is a dream come true.

I don't like this at all. You tell us to guess what you found and then give the answer before anyone could guess. For the record, I guessed that you had found an old English penny while cleaning out your mother-in-law's attic.

I don't like this at all. You tell us to guess what you found and then give the answer before anyone could guess. For the record, I guessed that you had found an old English penny while cleaning out your mother-in-law's attic.

Well that was silly of me wasn't it ?:D....tell ya what ..I'll pop up to the attic, see what I can find and we'll start over.:):)

We've been doing 14 day cruises on Maasdam for years. Boston to Montreal to Boston. You could just as easily have been doing Montreal to Boston to Montreal. Maasdam leaves from Montreal every other Saturday and has for a long time. In previous years, Maasdam left mid July to do Voyage of the Viking and then resumed her Canada/NE itinerary.

Veendam is doing the Viking cruise.

Guess what I found ? A 14 day Canada / New England cruise leaving from and returning to Montreal !!! I didn't know Hal offered such an itinerary. Oct 4 Maasdam...later in the season .. the leaves will be oh so pretty

Montreal is a really short flight from Toronto...or better yet take a road trip to Ottawa..visit my brother and his wife maybe convince them to come on the cruise with us...leave our car there.. one of my nieces or nephew I am sure would drive us to Montreal (only an hour from Ottawa and they love their Auntie Col :o...plus Montreal shopping is wonderful ( Montreal women have such a flare;)) so a win for them too.

Just imagine a cruise with no air travel...now that is a dream come true.

You will love it .... great ship great ports and hopefully great fall colours.... we have done it a couple of times but earlier in the season ... a fall trip is in our bucket list....

:):)

We did this cruise in October 2011--Montreal to FLL. It went in to several smaller ports, and the people were so happy to see the ship. It was the last cruise until the next year. The only thing about Fall is that the weather is iffy. The day we went on the excursion to "Anne of Green Gables", it rained harder than in does in Oregon. The week before they said the temp had been in the 80's. We spent a beautiful day in Bar Harbor, two days later , they had the first snow of the season. We've had rain on Caribbean cruises but never snow. Enjoy the cruise--we loved it. hmh:)

We did that cruise B2B from Boston to Montreal and then back to Boston. We loved all the ports, except Sydney, and as I've mentioned many times on here, I ate lobster at almost every port. Yummy.

Yum, lobster. :) :)

Just curious what you didn't like about Sydney? Other than being really cold (we went in April) we liked it. We went to the Fortress of Louisburg and enjoyed it.

Anyway you go at it, these are fantastic cruises. We have done the b2b out of Boston twice as well as doing the Atlantic Coast up to Montreal twice. Yes, Yes, this is a great time to eat your fill of lobster and enjoy the natural beauty of this part of the continent.

Archived