Groups

Clancy14

I want to find out, if possible, what large groups are on my upcoming cruises. I have narrowly missed several groups on past cruises that could have seriously affected my cruising enjoyment, and that of my family. I still have time to change ships/dates etc. and would appreciate any help that anyone could give me as to the link to finding out what the groups might me.

I have tried goggling all combination of ship names and sail dates, as well as theme cruises finders, specialty cruise links etc., but nothing comes up. Last year I just missed "The Jersey Shore Fan Club" and "The Goth Cruise"

Yikes!!! and Double Yikes!!!!

Thanks in Advance!!! - Miriam

The cruise lines hold that information very quietly for obvious reasons. They will not provide the information even if specifically asked.

If you don't find it on google, there isn't much you can do but to go to the forum for particular cruise in which you are interested and ask if anyone knows about a specific ship/date. You could also check on a Roll Call to see if there is mention of a group.

Cruise lines do not want us to know and that is less than frank and honest IMO

We got caught in a truly miserable group situation once and it severely impacted our enjoyment.

As far as I know, the largest group on our cruises has been those loonies from Cruise Critic. Can't seem to get away from them

:D :D Oh those CC'ers!!!

Have you ever been on a ship where a group made up over half the total number of guests aboard?

You don't want to. ;)

On my first Explorer cruise in January of 2008, there were 1200 poker players (mostly male and smokers) from the UK. At first I was a little worried, thinking that I'd never get a seat at a bar, parade, show, etc. but I was completely wrong! They never left the gaming rooms set up for them, except to go to Deck 4, Port Side to smoke! They wanted no part of anything I was interested in (Pool, Trivia, Shows, Dining Room, Portofino's, ) but I think that Jersey Shore and the Goths might have been a different story. Rolling Thunder and DooWoop would be fine (giving away my age) but I just need a little warning.

My roll call has been no help! Pretty quiet. And the Quantum ones are too far out!

I'll keep watching this board and keep googling!!! Thanks for your help!

- Miriam

Every single cruise will have "groups"....both large and small. With very rare exceptions, you will never know there are groups aboard. Stop worrying. It's a waste of time and effort. If there is a huge, offensive group, they will generally cancel your cruise and charter the ship.

About the only thing you can do is to google your sailing date and ship.

The cruise line will not give you anything and CC will not allow us to ask or tell if we know.

Normally, these groups aren't a problem unless they are really large.

We don't worry about it and know we will just deal with it if it happens.

LuLu

~~~~

About the only thing you can do is to google your sailing date and ship.

The cruise line will not give you anything and CC will not allow us to ask or tell if we know.

Normally, these groups aren't a problem unless they are really large.

We don't worry about it and know we will just deal with it if it happens.

LuLu

~~~~

There is another choice. Go on longer, exotic cruises. No problem with groups

There is another choice. Go on longer, exotic cruises. No problem with groups

Not everyone wants lengthy cruises. DH is still active in his profession and the longest he can be away is 17 days. Even if he could be away more, we really don't want to, right now.

Archived