Celebrity Food

One problem is when there is opinion masquerading as fact! ;-):p

Opinions are facts. Anyone who posts negative reviews runs the risk of having a conflicting positive review. That is why I always refuse to comment on food for discussing my cruises and emphasise the entertainment and facilities more. I found the food on Celebrity Solstice outstanding, I found the whole cruise outstanding. There were a lot of positive points which made Celebrity much better than P&O and Princess and I really enjoyed that holiday. I went with mixed opinions never trying Celebrity before, I had a few doubts and left that cruise feeling great and happy about being on it. I would definitely sail with Celebrity again in the future. For me I could not find one fault about that entire cruise. I did not go to reception to complain about anything or did not have to raise any issues with staff at all.

Its an unfortunate fact that others have a different opinion. No one is having a go at them when they post their reviews and come back with opposite opinions. It is just the risk people take when they post a review. There will always be someone on the same cruise who had an entirely different experience.

There are many different opinions. But all informations are helpful.

I hope i have the opportunity to enjoy:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You are right in getting as much information on a subject is helpful and good to know, however, misinformation does not help.

Opinions can often be misinformation looking like information and therefore unhelpful. Take everything you read with some scepticism and check it for facts with other sources as well.

Enjoy cruising.:D

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You are right in getting as much information on a subject is helpful and good to know, however, misinformation does not help.

Opinions can often be misinformation looking like information and therefore unhelpful. Take everything you read with some scepticism and check it for facts with other sources as well.

Enjoy cruising.:D

Well said MicCanberra,

Personally I have found about 60%-70% of what I have read as being either being quite different or less worrying than I experienced. We all have different expectations and standards. That is why there 3 star cruise lines and 5.5 or 6 star lines. Just be glad we have a choice and are in the position to be able to cruise. Spare a thought for families who risk their lives to take a dangerous cruise to try an secure a future.

We were on the Solstice in Jan/Feb and thought the food was very good.

This is how I rate the different restaurants.

The buffet - we used the buffet for breakfast ,lunch and the occassional dinner and found it to be very good. The selection was good.

The main dining room was very good and the only complaints would be that the meat portions were way too big sometimes.

We didn't use the burger bar

Murano - was superb The whole experience was excellent and the food was equal to the best I have had.

Tuscan Grill was very good with a good selection of top quality food.

The Silk Harvest was my least favourite as they seemed to have a limited variety in their Asian menu because they have a lot of Sushi which we aren't interested in. I did ask other people and they liked it because of the sushi.

Overall we loved the Solstice.

Les , Im with you regarding some of the food recently on Solstice some of it was very ordinary. :cool:

I hope he comes back. Poor guy hasn't posted since this thread and I got half the blame for it. I could hardly lie and say the food was horrible. I enjoyed it and enjoyed the cruise thoroughly. We each have different opinions about things.

I hope he comes back. Poor guy hasn't posted since this thread and I got half the blame for it. I could hardly lie and say the food was horrible. I enjoyed it and enjoyed the cruise thoroughly. We each have different opinions about things.

I'm sure no-one expects you to lie, but you should accept other people's opinions as being just as valid as your own.:)

Archived