Bob Dickinson's back?

As I posted earlier, the issues may be more systemic than just with Carnival Cruise Lines. With the departure of Ms. Marlowe from P & O (UK) and Mr. Shanks from Cunard, something may be amiss. Seriously.

I anticipate the soon to be scheduled conference call with analysts for CCL. If any of those folks are following this thread, some extremely hardball questions need to be asked of the executives. Fluff will do your companies nor individual investors any good.

Time to bail? Or, time to buy?

What good news!

Dear Mr. Dickinson:

Bring back the brochures for Carnival Cruise Line! It is hard to book a cruise when one does not know what the choices are! Many of us do not like "shopping" on-line. We enjoy having a brochure in our hands as we are arm-chair traveling. (That is one of the main ways I have found interesting itineraries that I have traveled.)

I soooo agree with bringing back the brochures, I was surprised to recently find that RCCL still has them. It was fun to look at their ships, in the old fashioned way of comparing.

Dickinson is being brought back because there are problems at Carnival. Trying to explain it as anything other than this is laughable. Last week Carnival dumped two more executives at Cunard and P&O. This company is bleeding and they need to stop it now. Bob is one way to help start the turn around. Like it or not Carnival is lost.

The competition is turning out ships that are helping grow the industry while Carnival takes a ship over 15 years old and tries to pass it off as new. Carnival is giving cabins at bargain prices to get people on their ships.

I just read through this thread and had to laugh at the die hard Carnival fans who are trying their best to deny that Cahill has totally turned this cruise line upside down. I'm betting that Cahill and a few of his sidekicks will be shown the door shortly. If Carnival wants to regain any respect this is where it has to start. That and putting a muzzle on John Heald. How a company can allow one of their own to post the things that he does about Carnival passengers is beyond me. The man is a buffoon.

It will be interesting to watch Bob try to right the ship.

Dickinson is being brought back because there are problems at Carnival. Trying to explain it as anything other than this is laughable. Last week Carnival dumped two more executives at Cunard and P&O. This company is bleeding and they need to stop it now. Bob is one way to help start the turn around. Like it or not Carnival is lost.

The competition is turning out ships that are helping grow the industry while Carnival takes a ship over 15 years old and tries to pass it off as new. Carnival is giving cabins at bargain prices to get people on their ships.

I just read through this thread and had to laugh at the die hard Carnival fans who are trying their best to deny that Cahill has totally turned this cruise line upside down. I'm betting that Cahill and a few of his sidekicks will be shown the door shortly. If Carnival wants to regain any respect this is where it has to start. That and putting a muzzle on John Heald. How a company can allow one of their own to post the things that he does about Carnival passengers is beyond me. The man is a buffoon.

Extremely well said. Thank you! I could not agree more with everything you mentioned.

not that i ever followed sheehan that closely, but i never remember anyone criticing his actions, right down to making the gem a one only offering

and he really won me over on undercover boss. never heard him or any subordinate of his criticize or put down one of his customers.

You didn't follow the NCL boards when Sheehan took over.

I think some are forgetting that Cahill was handling the finances of CCL when Dickinson was CEO of Carnival Cruise lines.

As I posted before --- If Cahill was that bad, he would be long gone !!! The shake up at the top levels of some of theCarnival lines indicates that the management is changing directions and those who object are being let go.

It happens in lots of companies, and can be unpleasant for some, but I am sure this was studied before any drastic changes were made.

I'm not sure why people have a problem with this unless they still think Carnival has no issues. The Corporation already admitted as much so why do some here still deny it. Relax and take it as a positive step.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think some are forgetting that Cahill was handling the finances of CCL when Dickinson was CEO of Carnival Cruise lines.

As I posted before --- If Cahill was that bad, he would be long gone !!! The shake up at the top levels of some of theCarnival lines indicates that the management is changing directions and those who object are being let go.

It happens in lots of companies, and can be unpleasant for some, but I am sure this was studied before any drastic changes were made.

If I am sailing on Carnival when the next "Triumph" incident occurs I'd much prefer Bob Dickinson in charge than Cahill. Cahill's performance was a disaster.

If I am sailing on Carnival when the next "Triumph" incident occurs I'd much prefer Bob Dickinson in charge than Cahill. Cahill's performance was a disaster.

Uncle Bob would not be in charge under any circumstance.

As for dining, Your Time Dining was not available under Uncle Bob. I don't care for it, but apparently lots of people do. That has certainly driven some of the dining changes and they are not about to be undone.

I like reading Johns blog and Facebook page and I think he’s a nice guy.…BUT. I have to agree John will take a customer’s request or opinion and put it out to his sharks and cheerleaders to comment on. Then the name calling starts and to insult and put down and just rip apart that paying customer. This is done almost daily when he’s posting.

I know some will say those sites aren’t Carnival’s, but he being the Brand Ambassador this is still in the public’s eyes and not good for Carnival.

Uncle Bob would not be in charge under any circumstance.

As for dining, Your Time Dining was not available under Uncle Bob. I don't care for it, but apparently lots of people do. That has certainly driven some of the dining changes and they are not about to be undone.

And the funny thing about it is, a certain Carnival employee and others used to make fun of NCL when they started this whole anytime dining... and then of course, they copied it.

I am a Carnival cruiser, and am very happy to see Uncle Bob coming back. It certainly can't hurt :rolleyes: As far as posts saying he is only coming back to improve the brand image.. well.. change needs to be made to do that. Change back to the fun ships...

Dickinson's coming back as a consultant, not to run the show. This could be as much for show as it is for action, time will tell.

As far as the Brand Ambassador's page, it's jumped the shark. He does seem like a decent guy, but he's let the inmates run the asylum. He baits them, they take it and run, and not only trash those he's complaining about, but they trash others with legitimate complaints and concerns. I saw one of the regulars put down someone whose honeymoon cruise on the Triumph was cancelled, telling them they had no right to feel bad because of all the people whose plans were ruined because of Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully one of Uncle Bob's moves will be to put an end to that kind of nonsense.

And don't get me started on the begging. It's pathetic, and degrading. "My third cousin, twice removed's son's teacher is crusing tomorrow, can you send her a ship on a stick and a plate of strawberries, and a night in the steakhouse would be wonderful!"

your assumption that the ncl experts are still on this website is demonstrating one dimensional thinking. same with disney.

I am not assuming anything. I was there !!! He was attacked by TA's and guests for stopping the chocolate candy on the pillows and the champagne (sparkling wine) at boarding among the many other things, and he survived (as I am sure Cahill will).

He also let some very nice people go, and it was probably for the same reasons I mentioned earlier. They didn't want to adapt to the changes he was making.

This is really very good news, I hope that he'll steer the company back to a better place. I'd love to see a little better entertainment, I am still ok with the food, although I'm very disappointed with the Chefs Table changes. that first menu was so to die for that the second menu was a big let down, maybe they could change the menu (for the Chefs Table) once a year to give more variety. As it stands it would be hard to spend that money on the menu they are serving now more than once.

The constantly running music videos on the big screen during the day does nothing for the Lido either, a band on Lido would be nice.

If they raised the prices by only 10 or 20 bucks it would help with the costs of a Lido deck band. I don't think people would notice a 10 or 20 dollar raise in prices, but if you times that by 2000 people on board, they could afford the band.

Anyway I hope things get better!!!

We are talking about using our FCCs and then try a few different lines to see if it's worth paying the extra on those fares.

I am not assuming anything. I was there !!! He was attacked by TA's and guests for stopping the chocolate candy on the pillows and the champagne (sparkling wine) at boarding among the many other things, and he survived (as I am sure Cahill will).

He also let some very nice people go, and it was probably for the same reasons I mentioned earlier. They didn't want to adapt to the changes he was making.

you obviously missed the subject of my assumption, but i had to laugh anyway of your example. there was a far bigger outcry when they tried to have an everyday menu in their free mdr, as well as the attempted removal of the bar setup prrogram.

the outcry was so loud, both were reversed. i do think both incidents occurred pre-shehann though.

Dickinson's coming back as a consultant, not to run the show. This could be as much for show as it is for action, time will tell.

As far as the Brand Ambassador's page, it's jumped the shark. He does seem like a decent guy, but he's let the inmates run the asylum. He baits them, they take it and run, and not only trash those he's complaining about, but they trash others with legitimate complaints and concerns. I saw one of the regulars put down someone whose honeymoon cruise on the Triumph was cancelled, telling them they had no right to feel bad because of all the people whose plans were ruined because of Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully one of Uncle Bob's moves will be to put an end to that kind of nonsense.

And don't get me started on the begging. It's pathetic, and degrading. "My third cousin, twice removed's son's teacher is crusing tomorrow, can you send her a ship on a stick and a plate of strawberries, and a night in the steakhouse would be wonderful!"

I totally agree with this comment hopefully there will be stop to the continual harassment of some Carnival guests by JH and his loyal followers. They have ruined the Carnival experience from a PR perspective. The last place I would want to be is on a ship with some of his mean spirited loyalists. He is a great CD the facebook and some of the blog has ruined his image. Hopefully the new management reins him in and also some of the crude, rauncy comments. The constant FFS reference is unnecessary. Hopefully the new management will make Carnival the top of the line cruiseline that it once was.

Yes I get. You and many others preferred the old Carnival. What you and many others don't get is that there are just as many that prefer the new Carnival.

If 'enough' were happy with the way things are, then why are they bringing Dickinson back? :confused:

He was the one in charge when CCL was at it's peak. Don't you think it's possible that they want to try to restore that if possible????

If 'enough' were happy with the way things are, then why are they bringing Dickinson back? :confused:

He was the one in charge when CCL was at it's peak. Don't you think it's possible that they want to try to restore that if possible????

They aren't bringing him back. I'm thinking he wouldn't stand for that.

Archived