just off Royal Princess

caber

A few loungers at the back of the prom deck, but no outside walks the length of the ship. That was one of the biggest disappointments for us. I'll post a review tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I will miss walking the Promenade - hate that 'dreadmill' in the gym:D

I think we will wait a while for this new ship.

Princess says the interior cabin on the Royal is 175 sq. ft. and the interior cabin on the Crown is 162 sq. ft. I'm happy with that. Especially if the extra 13 sq. ft. are in the cabin itself, and not in the bathroom or closet area. Those are certainly sufficient for me. :)

Actually, the sideways insides appear to be 175 sq ft. The perpendicular insides are 166 sq ft. For comparison purposes, most insides on the Grand class ships are 160 sq ft.

I was kind of hoping they put all extra 6 sq ft in the shower, with a nice little ledge suitable for leg shaving.

:p

I'm joining in with the other folks who are disappointed with the promenade deck's limited access. I realize it was not a true wrap around but was hoping you could walk the length of the ship. We are sailing on the Royal in February but this detail is not making me happy.

I'm joining in with the other folks who are disappointed with the promenade deck's limited access. I realize it was not a true wrap around but was hoping you could walk the length of the ship. We are sailing on the Royal in February but this detail is not making me happy.

Me either. I guess they don't want us out there walking around when we could be spending money inside.

Could you please explain a little more on what I've highlighted above.

Does the dressing table/desk have the three drawers on one side like the desks in the regular balcony cabins?

i am trying to remember the layout. There was a dressing table beside the fridge. There was a couple of drawers next to the fridge and a shelf above fridge. Those were the only flat spaces. The small oval table was in the middle between the sofa and dressing table. When I was sitting drying my hair it made it more difficult to gwt around. In grand class the table is tucked in beside the corner.

the other thing I noticed was that, in my opinion, there is a shortage of pools, especially when it is school holidays. We were told that it could be different on the regal. The fountain area is nice, and they used it for dancing at sailaway, but it seemed a wasted spaace otherwise.

Me either. I guess they don't want us out there walking around when we could be spending money inside.

there is a walking track for serious walkers on a higher deck. It is painted blue with one side for joggers. 7 times round is a mile

there is a walking track for serious walkers on a higher deck. It is painted blue with one side for joggers. 7 times round is a mile

It's not out of the elements and being higher you are affected more by the rolling of the ship in heavier seas.

Please clarify... the balcony cabins on the Caribe deck aren't larger on the Royal?

Do the AFt D4 Balcony cabins have larger balconies?

Pat :)

Pat

Sadly we haven't got any pictures of the actual balconies. Went into about 10 staterooms (sample of each), but the balconies seemed very much the same apart from the really beautiful owners suite at the back. Wouldn't say no to that one.

The staterooms were on decks 14 / 15. Walked down the corridors in a circle, from midships to aft and back to midships (R438 to R435) and then just aft M706 to M705. From memory (yes it was only yesterday), but the chairs on the balcony were placed facing each other rather than facing the ocean.

Anyway, 2 pictures attached which may give you some idea. The first is of the Crown which, I hope, clearly shows the side of the ship with the larger balconies on Caribe and Dolphin. The second is the side of the Royal which looks almost completely flat. You may also see what I mean about being overlooked by the Sea Walk!!

Hope it helps.

Gillian

P6111919.jpg.c34d1928e03e9abe4dd8a19fec06472b.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg.0a226eb8bf9c9797a7588398c51c726c.jpg

I was hoping the review of the Promenade deck access would be a better report with passenger access to areas that we were unsure about but sadly no...and agree that if they (Princess) said they listened to passengers about the design there is NO WAY it would have been designed this way...

this is a short review of our 2 nighter aboard Royal.

we boarded at 12 after a short wait. I was not over impressed with the outside, only because I prefer the look of the grand class ships. The amount of balconies on Royal makes her look top heavy, just my opinion. The inside is stunning.

we were in a deluxe balcony. Next time I. Would book a normal balcony as the deluxe is more cramped. You have the sofa but the dressing table space is condensed in the other side. The bathroom is bigger than grand class. The balconies on both are smaller than grand class.

The staff were great, with a lot coming from the ruby.

there was a bit of a mix up when we arrived. We were told we were not getting our mini bar set up and our 1 formal, 1 smart casual night on the personaliser had changed to 2 casual. There was a lot of complaints and Princess sorted it. We got the mini bar set up and our second night was formal.

The sun shone for the sailaway and we were dancing on deck. The horns played the love boat theme.

Guernsey was cloudy at first but dry. We tendered.

We had the champagne waterfall in the evening.

the show in the theatre was Beatle maniacs. They had us dancing in our seats. It was a good show. We dined in Sabatinis and the main dining room. Both meals were up to the usual standard.

This morning we disembarked and went to our hotel bit went back later for the tour and lunch. The meal was excellent and was served with wine.

We are boarding Crown Princess tomorrow for a relaxing Mediterranean cruise.

I am doing just the opposite...I got off the crown today and will be boarding the Royal. Thank's for the review. The entertainment on the Crown was excellent and the weather was great until Southampton. Hope it is better tomorrow for the Christening.

Joyce

By the way, did you get any pictures of the inside of the bathroom...or the ship?

Thanks!

Here are a few I took :

DSC01283_zps3bba488e.jpg

DSC01284_zps48c39982.jpg

I loved the shelf towards the bottom of the shower also to put your foot. The size of the shower was quite spacious too.

Here are a few I took :

DSC01283_zps3bba488e.jpg

DSC01284_zps48c39982.jpg

I loved the shelf towards the bottom of the shower also to put your foot. The size of the shower was quite spacious too.

Which cabin is this and where did they put the shampoo and gel?

Which cabin is this and where did they put the shampoo and gel?

Here's a couple of pictures from the latest USA Today tour...

Mini-suite

1371043363023-RoyalPrincess-281-1306120932_4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg?6c3c24a06b2ec04d15c066f5e9a76a10a837ffd4

(Credit USA Today)

Shower (gel and shampoo visible by the grab bar)

1371043362008-RoyalPrincess-015-1306120943_3_4_r383_c0-0-380-510.jpg?50fc00bf5ab7468a0e0d29f64f706e982e0d3912

(Credit USA Today)

Here's a couple of pictures from the latest USA Today tour...

Shower (gel and shampoo visible by the grab bar)

1371043362008-RoyalPrincess-015-1306120943_3_4_r383_c0-0-380-510.jpg?50fc00bf5ab7468a0e0d29f64f706e982e0d3912

(Credit USA Today)

Is it my imagination or wishful thinking that the standard shower looks a little bigger then on the current ships?

Archived