ventura retreat

wilson2579

Does anyone know the cost of using the retreat on the Ventura. On our last cruise we enjoyed lying under the canopy at the front of the ship but this has now been changed into a retreat like the Azura. Might give it a try if not too expensive.:eek:

Thats annoying to read:mad:

A couple of weeks back on Azura they wanted £150 per couple to access the retreat for a one week trip which I was not prepared to pay.

We generally have no problem paying for certain extras, but the front pool and deck area form a big part of the available deck space which can already be very crowded on Sunny sea days, and this is like creating a two class structure for the wealthier passengers, Very unfair in my view and a step to far in P&Os money making schemes. On principal we would not pay it.

We did a Norway trip last month and the weather unexpectedly turned very pleasant, so the central pool and Sea screen pool were very busy, It was impossible to get near the hot tubs as they were full of children but the Retreat pool and deck were largely deserted, A couple of times We had a look from the Spa/Gym corridor windows and the front pool and surrounding seating was virtually empty.

I am quite in favour of having somewhere for adults only but we felt that this is one charge that is unfair and unreasonable.

Steve

Edited by alvin moondust

I have to agree with you Alvin. I cancelled a cruise on the Azura a few years ago when I read about the retreat and now find that Ventura has gone and done the same. I booked the cruise 15 months in advance, before the refit. Not pleased at all about this.:(

Hate The Retreat idea. At least on Ventura it appears you can still access the spa pool unlike Azura. I cannot imagine this is a huge moneymaker for P&O and that it offends more people than it pleases.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I wrote to P&O after hearing this area was going to be turned in a retreat area like Azura we had chosen Ventura because we liked this quite area

We dont have children and prefer an area which as none their reply was they had no plans to charge

Unfortunately we never made it up there on our recent 3 day cruise because I had my mother to look after who is in a wheelchair

Edited by bertie1992

From the P&O site

The Endless Pool on Ventura is a complimentary facility for adults only.

There is no need to book a slot to use as there is open access to the pool from the upper deck

So it is free for everyone to use

The Oasis pool on Azura is however part of the retreat etc and you have to pay.

The front pool, 'The Oasis Pool', on The Ventura is not part of The Retreat. It is freely accessible, for adults, via the spa.

Or just by going down the steps,to it from deck 16, as the retreat fence is erected beyond that entry point.

Apologies if I was given bum information or misunderstood, but we got the impression that the pool was part of the Retreat package?

If it wasnt then I dont know why it would be almost deserted on a sunny sea day?

It used to be on Azura but never on Ventura.

Just back off Azura. You must now enter the Oasis pool via the spa but it is free to all adults. The retreat area is selected on. The deck above the Oasis pool. They have removed all of the sun loungers from around the Oasis pool so the only place to sit/lie is on the wooden bench steps.

Sue

Just back off Azura. You must now enter the Oasis pool via the spa but it is free to all adults. The retreat area is selected on. The deck above the Oasis pool. They have removed all of the sun loungers from around the Oasis pool so the only place to sit/lie is on the wooden bench steps.

Sue

So i presume that means the sought after sunbeds that were against the curved glass screen above the Oasis pool are gone? I think they are making a botch job of dealing with this. It must mean most of the beds in the retreat area are under the canopy and out of the sun?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The retreat sun longers are still in the retreat area on deck 17. Some in the sun and some under the canopy. The sun loungers that have been removed are those that were by the oasis pool on deck 16. There were only about 4 on each side of the pool. There is no where to sit now by the Oasis pool except the wooden benches.

Sue

The retreat sun longers are still in the retreat area on deck 17. Some in the sun and some under the canopy. The sun loungers that have been removed are those that were by the oasis pool on deck 16. There were only about 4 on each side of the pool. There is no where to sit now by the Oasis pool except the wooden benches.

Sue

Ah ok, i can visualise that now.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 8 months later...