Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

So the main appeal is that it is like an ocean view room with a bonus area when the ship is at port. Each cruiser cruises for their own comfort and if just seeing outside is good on sea days it is worth it then....didn't think of it before as an ocean view window that can get fresh air occasionally with the bonus balcony on port days. I typically do inside as DH and I spend little time in there, but I respect we all cruise for different reasons and do different things.:D

I think these staterooms are a great choice for cruises that have few sea days such as the Baltics. On this cruise you are in port on 9 out of 11 days. On the sea days I think I would like to try out some of the other great locations on this ship.

The coffee dispensers with the beans above them, which brewed fresh coffee, where are they located?

In the very Aft of Horizon Court (outside), there are dispensers for coffee, decaf, hot water for tea, and NOW hot chocolate (which I love to mix with my coffee). Also, the cream, whole milk, fat-free milk. Sitting in this aft section, on a divan with a rattan coffeetable, watching the wake with hot coffee & hot chocolate or tea - Paradise!

Donna

Do any of you folks that have sailed on the Royal or on her right now have any information about the forward obstructed deluxe cabins on Emerald deck? I am particularly interested in E110 or E109. The description says "PART OBSTRUCTED VIEWNON-GLASS BALC RAIL/EXTENDED ANGLED BALC". The balconies appear to be more than 2x the size of the regular balcony which would probably mean they are about the size of a Grand class Caribe balcony.

From what I could tell from one of the pictures showing the forward section of the ship, it appears that the non-glass rail would be comparable to an in-hull balcony and that there is a solid metal wall between the balconies.

Does anyone have a picture of the balcony?

In the very Aft of Horizon Court (outside), there are dispensers for coffee, decaf, hot water for tea, and NOW hot chocolate (which I love to mix with my coffee). Also, the cream, whole milk, fat-free milk. Sitting in this aft section, on a divan with a rattan coffeetable, watching the wake with hot coffee & hot chocolate or tea - Paradise!

Donna[/QUOT

I can't imagine this is really brewed coffee unless they ask for a coffee card?

In the very Aft of Horizon Court (outside)' date=' there are dispensers for coffee, decaf, hot water for tea, and NOW hot chocolate (which I love to mix with my coffee). Also, the cream, whole milk, fat-free milk. Sitting in this aft section, on a divan with a rattan coffeetable, watching the wake with hot coffee & hot chocolate or tea - Paradise![/color']

Donna[/QUOT

I can't imagine this is really brewed coffee unless they ask for a coffee card?

Sometimes the whole beans on top of a coffee maker are for decoration only.

Agree. I'd be willing to bet it's the same old sludge.

Hmmm....If I rented one of those cabana's,I would think that that ledge belonged to my cabana. :o If I'm paying 50.00 for 1/2 day I don't want people sitting in front of my private place (I don't want to look at strangers backs, I want to see the pool). Besides, I might want to sit there. :D

It all depends on the back.

What is available to consumers may be different than what is available to commercial buyers.

I realize that & I wouldn't have mentioned it if they were consumer coffeemakers. :rolleyes:

They were were ALL commercial size coffeemakers that looked like the photo from the Royal's HC. Obviously they could designed one using concentrated coffee for the Royal but there were none on their website they were for consumers!

A few more things I was hoping to get from either those on the last cruise, or from the next cruise:

- Picture of the menu and prices of items at the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar

- Cost of Whiskey Shooters at the Wheelhouse Bar

- What all is offered at the Sabatini's Flights and Bites in Vines

- Pricing of the Tea Tower at International Cafe

- Sabatini's lunch menu

- Views looking forward and aft, and over the railing, as seen while standing on the Promenade Deck outside of Crooners and Facets, and over the railing as seen from the Promenade Deck outside of the Vista Lounge.

- Picture of the Calypso Cove on the aft port side of the pool deck

- What exactly are all of the different food options & choices at the Outrigger Bar

THANKS again for a wonderful thread! :D:D:D

Sometimes the whole beans on top of a coffee maker are for decoration only.

Agree. I'd be willing to bet it's the same old sludge.

The machines are not syrup based. They are pre-ground beans. The hoppers on the top are not just for decoration. When the system goes through it's brewing cycle you can see the level in the hoppers change, and throughout the course of the day there is a substantial difference in hopper level between regular and decaf.

Me too. The 2-1 combo just is not the same!:(

Both the bath gel as well as the shampoo-conditioner bottles were hard to pump in the shower. The spicket is too short and it takes many pumps to get anything out. Not a good delivery system and it did not make suds easily. It took lots of product to make bubbles. Where do they get this stuff ???

Not on the Maiden. Hopefully it will be later though. I think they probably had far too much to do with getting all the 'snagging' fixed to be able to dedicate staff to the UST.

That is correct, Dave. I asked Deputy Dan about the Backstage Tour like I had taken on other ships. I think it was free. He said it is very dangerous back there and above and below because all the stuff is not in place and floating around. :eek:

They will have the tours when everything has settled down. The shows were really good.

Donna I.

I texted myself your list of items.....I board next week and might be able to cross some things off the list.

Do you suggest I start a new live from with the date? or continue here?

Bernadette

Hi Bernadette!

THANKS in advance for trying to get some of the items crossed off my list on your upcoming cruise!

As far as your question regarding a LIVE thread for your cruise it's your choice to either continue here, or start a new one and at the very beginning place a LINK to this thread so that the information can help those who come after us. But if it were me I'd probably do the latter and start the new thread to make it all your own!

Either way we all appreciate any information that you can provide and details that are specific to your cruise for future Med cruisers and Royal Princess cruisers.

Have a wonderful time! :D

I texted myself your list of items.....I board next week and might be able to cross some things off the list.

Bernadette

Great Bernadette, I can't wait to read about your wonderful cruise! :D

Bernadette

I vote that you continue here.

Dave,

Someone posted the Seafood Bar menu photo recently...can't remember which of the threads...may have been Shogun...

Carole

Hi Carole!

I remember seeing the menu for The Crab Shack but not the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar in the Atrium above Bellini's?

I dont know about you guys but if I am paying that kind of money for a "exotic couples massage" I sure wouldnt want to be out on the pool deck.

It's not 'out on the pool deck', but in the enclosed, covered, enlarged, private Spa Cabana in The Sanctuary with forward facing sea views, a large seating area, TV, and two large massage tables.

View from outside looking at the Spa Cabana in The Sanctuary

pools-sanctury-5527.jpg?m=1371561581

Interior seating area of the Spa Cabana

pools-sanctury-5506.jpg?m=1371561573

Massage Tables in the Spa Cabana

pools-sanctury-5507.jpg?m=1371561574

pools-sanctury-5504.jpg?m=1371561571

pools-sanctury-5505.jpg?m=1371561572

(Credit all pictures cruisetricks.de)

Archived