Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Originally Posted by KofAK View Post

I beg to differ with you on this. Came off the Diamond last month and it definitely was not fresh brewed.

Wow! This is the first I've heard of this. Interesting.

I have to say that for several years now the "fresh brewed" hasn't tasted any different than the free coffee to me. The only way I get something I like is to order an Americano. :o

Thanks so much for the photos and descriptions of an Inside Cabin with the horizontal/longitudinal orientation; I am booked into one of these in August.

Questions:

1) How adequate is the luggage storage area? Is it big enough to accomodate a couple of the big 53" rollers? How about adding a couple of 22" rollon/carry-on suitcases? The photos appear to show partitions that may interfere a bit.

2) Is there one of those pesky small portable tables in the cabin? If so, where did you stow yours to get it out of the way?

3) Where is the room safe? Is it at easily accessible?

4) Where is the full length mirror? On the back of a closet door?

Thanks

We have two large cases that fit easily under the bed, was a bit of a squash last year on Grand but no probs this time, there's still a good amount of space for some smaller ones too. There is partitions in the wardrobe with a step on the bottom too, struggled a bit with a few evening dresses as the bottoms are crumpled, as long as you didn't have too many long clothes you could prob get some smaller luggage in here too.

No small tables thank goodness, we usually spend most our time in the cabin falling over those!!!

The safe is still inside the cupboard opposite the wardrobe, not too high up.

The Mirror is across from the desk as you are facing the wardrobe. It's actually directly in front of you when you come in the cabin door.

Thanks so much for the photos and descriptions of an Inside Cabin with the horizontal/longitudinal orientation; I am booked into one of these in August.

Questions:

1) How adequate is the luggage storage area? Is it big enough to accomodate a couple of the big 53" rollers? How about adding a couple of 22" rollon/carry-on suitcases? The photos appear to show partitions that may interfere a bit.

Thanks

We have always stored our suitcases under the bed and there was plenty of room for both of our large ones and carryons. Hopefully we can do the same on the Royal. Leaves the closet open for everything else!

This is exactly what we did on our recent TA on the Caribbean Princess. We pre-ground a supply of our favorite coffee, Room Service provided the hot water (we actually ordered tea, but didn't use any tea bags) and we were all set for delicious morning coffee.

I had a little trouble finding the Melita plastic cones, but Bed, Bath & Beyond ordered two for us...$5.95 each if I remember correctly (and they waived shipping!)

I still travel with my one cup Melitta. Those #1 cones are hard to find, but Amazon came through for me.

I had to get mine on Amazon, lol. I can find the filters everywhere locally, but no one had the plastic cup! :)

I really love this little gizmo because I can make my coffee as strong or as weak as I feel I want that day.

This is exactly what we did on our recent TA on the Caribbean Princess. We pre-ground a supply of our favorite coffee, Room Service provided the hot water (we actually ordered tea, but didn't use any tea bags) and we were all set for delicious morning coffee.

I had a little trouble finding the Melita plastic cones, but Bed, Bath & Beyond ordered two for us...$5.95 each if I remember correctly (and they waived shipping!)

Kathi

This one from amazon is very handy and much easier to travel with! The melita paper cones fit fine.

418SxzIY-OL._AA160_.jpg

Too bad this thread couldn't be limited to posts from people actually on the ship or questions for them.

As someone who is guilty ( :o ) of posting off topic I happen to agree with you.

I think the problem is that while we're anxiously awaiting Shogun's posts, we check in here and then comment on posts we've seen.

I also actually asked a question pages ago about what was between the center aft balconies that I am still curious about.

QUOTE:

Hi Shogun (or anyone else currently on the ship)

Glad you're having a good time and can't wait to hear more.

If you have the time could you look down from the aft of the Horizon Terrace and tell us what is in the middle of the cabin decks below. It appears as if the center balconies extend sideways all the way to the middle on Marina, Riviera, Aloha, Baja and Caribe but I'm just not sure as the descriptions on Princess say they are the same 9 ft. wide as all of the other balconies.

Thanks!

(Also, if anyone knows how I can post a full size (NOT thumbnail) picture please tell me!)

AftRoyalCabinNumbers.jpg.1b7a4d0e1d89ce23ba3c00138de0a94b.jpg

(Also, if anyone knows how I can post a full size (NOT thumbnail) picture please tell me!)

It is a little complicated, but I'll give it a try. First, you need the URL of the picture you want to post. When replying to a post, there is an icon in the menu that says "insert image." Enter the URL of the photo.

That's basically all there is to it.

Following is from the Cruise Critic FAQ:

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

I have to say that for several years now the "fresh brewed" hasn't tasted any different than the free coffee to me. The only way I get something I like is to order an Americano. :o

Could you tell me what an Americano coffee is please. I just like a good cup of coffee with all the caffeine and cream. Thanks:D

Shogun et al: do you know where the Elite lounge in the evenings is taking place on the Royal? Thanks! (And I will SO miss Skywalkers for this!!).

I'm with you on this. Love Skywalkers for the Elite lounge. :)

Could you tell me what an Americano coffee is please. I just like a good cup of coffee with all the caffeine and cream. Thanks:D

In Italy, Caffè Americano is made by adding hot water to espresso in order to create a beverage that approaches the taste of coffee we're accustomed to in the US.

Lew

We have two large cases that fit easily under the bed, was a bit of a squash last year on Grand but no probs this time, there's still a good amount of space for some smaller ones too. There is partitions in the wardrobe with a step on the bottom too, struggled a bit with a few evening dresses as the bottoms are crumpled, as long as you didn't have too many long clothes you could prob get some smaller luggage in here too.

No small tables thank goodness, we usually spend most our time in the cabin falling over those!!!

The safe is still inside the cupboard opposite the wardrobe, not too high up.

The Mirror is across from the desk as you are facing the wardrobe. It's actually directly in front of you when you come in the cabin door.

We always take that pesky table and store it in the back corner of the closet, then would use it to store the bags we brought back from shopping in port until i was ready to pack it all up. underneath it i would use one of the bags the ship gives you for laundry and use it as a mini hamper to toss clothes into. Good thing I dont bring much shoes since they have that ledge on the closet...not alot of open space for shoes....buy hey its vacay so no worries.

Thank you all again for all your live posts! :D

Just some thought from a long time Princess cruiser based on the posts from onboard. The lack of a center staircase is a bummer and for those of us who like to use the stairs...makes a good case to book cabins forward or aft. The lack of an aft pool causes me a lot of hesitation to ever book this ship. We are not big fans of MUTS (Movies under the "Sun") since the constant blasting of noise during the day detracts from the ability to relax with some music, read, etc. So on many Princess ships those who want some peace and quiet are normally banished to the aft pool. But alas, this ship has no aft pool which means finding a quiet deck chair just became a more difficult task.

Hank

It is a little complicated, but I'll give it a try. First, you need the URL of the picture you want to post. When replying to a post, there is an icon in the menu that says "insert image." Enter the URL of the photo.

That's basically all there is to it.

Following is from the Cruise Critic FAQ:

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

OMG -it worked!!!!

THANK YOU!!!! :D

(Still not as large as the original but better than the thumbnail)

QUOTE:

Hi Shogun (or anyone else currently on the ship)

Glad you're having a good time and can't wait to hear more.

If you have the time could you look down from the aft of the Horizon Terrace and tell us what is in the middle of the cabin decks below. It appears as if the center balconies extend sideways all the way to the middle on Marina, Riviera, Aloha, Baja and Caribe but I'm just not sure as the descriptions on Princess say they are the same 9 ft. wide as all of the other balconies.

Thanks!

attachment.php?attachmentid=276084&d=1371648901

Does anyone know yet how much the cabanas are to rent?

I am not referring to the ones with massages and TVs, just the ones near the pool that provide shade. I am shade-lover and would like to make a bee line to reserve one as soon as I get on the ship. Does anyone know the price structure?

Does anyone know yet how much the cabanas are to rent?

I am not referring to the ones with massages and TVs, just the ones near the pool that provide shade. I am shade-lover and would like to make a bee line to reserve one as soon as I get on the ship. Does anyone know the price structure?

$50.00 half day, someone posted a pic.

Shogun: Have not heard you say anything about the dancing in the Atruim. If you have

I have not seen it, so if you could repeat it, I would appreciate that.

Thanks

someone (Dieter) posted some videos of dancing in the atrium. he had some wonderful shots of the ship and areas.

Archived