Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

I was one of the silly ones last week! I'm traveling on her next April, so I may attempt the "split" maneuver and see where it takes me!!!!

Unless you have short stubby legs I don't think there is room for a split maneuver, maybe a hand stand!!LOL

Thanks Julie,

I was afraid of that so opted for a mini suite on Riveria Deck forward. (the balconies were sold out when I booked). Thank you and Shogun for all the live post. I am so excited about this cruise. October seems like a long time away.

Hi - having never sailed on Princess, all this information is so helpful. I have yet to master that "bringing less stuff" concept!

People have commented that there seem to be fewer drawers in the staterooms. Celebrity didn't have drawers in the desk, so that will be nice, but they did have drawers in the closet - basically an upright, albeit narrow, built-in dresser. If I'm understanding everyone - there is nothing like a dresser - just open shelves in the closet - correct?

BFF & I will be in a mini-suite, if that makes a difference.

Thank you so much for taking time to share.

Was there enough room on the shelves to put two folded tops next to each other? (Otherwise it'll take double the number of shelves to hold the same clothes.)

Thanks!

Karen. It was a good bit narrower than the usual grand class ones. So I would say no you couldn't. You Just need to bring less stuff! Lol.

Not a chance! :D :p

Hi - having never sailed on Princess' date=' all this information is so helpful. I have yet to master that "bringing less stuff" concept!

People have commented that there seem to be fewer drawers in the staterooms. Celebrity didn't have drawers in the desk, so that will be nice, but they did have drawers in the closet - basically an upright, albeit narrow, built-in dresser. If I'm understanding everyone - there is nothing like a dresser - just open shelves in the closet - correct?

BFF & I will be in a mini-suite, if that makes a difference.

Thank you so much for taking time to share.[/quote']

In a mini-suite there will be several shelves, etc. in the closet. There's a great deal of space in the closet.

How about a picture of the 220 outlet by the nightstand so I can have the right adapter. My CPAP is dual voltage as most are but still need to "adapt" hate to tie up luggage space and weight with a 20 ft extension Thanks in advance. An assisted breather. I can get some sleep without it but my better half will punch me all night if I start zznoorring.

It's all about hanging organizers!

Buy a few with horizontal zippers. Those are perfect for panties, bras, bathing suits in the front and they usually have two big zippered areas in the back that are great for tops or shorts. I pack these flat and fill on board. Then, for my last cruise, I followed another cruiser's advice and got a hanging shoe rack--has little hooks that fit over the bathroom door. It has clear pockets and I put lotions, meds, brushes, note pads, pens, electronics--just about ALL loose stuff. Could see where everything was and nothing rolled around in the cabin--on a TA. I carry a lot of stuff and comfort items so this was great. You can get these at Amazon and Wal-Mart. I don't know if you are allowed URLs on CC. Shoe holder is about $15.00 or less. The hanging ones are more expensive--in the $30 range. LOTS online and from luggage stores. Shop for price. You can also use the back side large pockets for laundry.

232323232%7Ffp5435%3B%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D37538%3A%3A8%3C4329nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54375%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D37538%3A%3C%3A%3C2329nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp7348%3B%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D37538%3A%3A837329nu0mrj

These are the only pictures of the aft terrace at the back of horizon court that I got. It was a nice space, slightly spoiled for me however by the oppressively low ceiling - you can see it's barely higher than the door.

The tables / sofas that are out in the open were lovely

The coffee machines were some of those that made me think it wouldn't be syrup, but actually tasted very much as if it was

Julie

232323232%7Ffp5438%3A%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D375389%3B%3A84329nu0mrj

This is my picture of what you can see from the sea walk. Whilst it looks from this photo as if you can't see in the nearest cabin due to reflection, when I was actually there I could clearly see the curtain inside through the glass

232323232%7Ffp73493%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D3753899%3B%3B4329nu0mrj

The fountains were nice and I don't think anyone has mentioned them much. They had a problem with the water spilling over and down the stairs on to the deck creating big puddles though - it seemed a bit of a design flaw. They were having to mop it up with towels all the time.

I didn't make it to the night-time 'dancing fountains' show, but maybe someone else could comment on it

232323232%7Ffp73493%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D3753899%3B%3B4329nu0mrj

The fountains were nice and I don't think anyone has mentioned them much. They had a problem with the water spilling over and down the stairs on to the deck creating big puddles though - it seemed a bit of a design flaw. They were having to mop it up with towels all the time.

I didn't make it to the night-time 'dancing fountains' show, but maybe someone else could comment on it

Thanks...I've wondered since the fountains were announced about the spray. I've experienced mist from the pool "fountains" caused by rough seas while watching MUTS at night & wondered how they were going to keep everyone dry during the fountain shows. ;)

Juakkers- thanks for those photos. I was very interested in that area. It looks great!

Re: the fountains. Anyone who's sat by the Calypso Pool on a warm Caribbean night to watch MUTS knows how cool the spray from the pool can be even when the seas are relatively calm. The fountains aren't spraying straight up? Many on CC called that one from the git-go.

Many thanks to everyone for all the helpful info & photographs,

The more I see the palm trees & foliage in the sanctum, the more I think they look plastic, please tell me I am wrong. :eek:

Thank you

Ok You're wrong. Actually, I'm afraid you're not, sadly they are plastic.

Thanks for the thought Lew. We'll check that out. It really seems that Princess has greatly reduced the number of electrical outlets in the cabins. I wonder why?

Craig

Just an observation, plus something I found out on my January b2b on the Grand. I can no longer use my 4-cup coffee maker on board as it is considered a fire hazard. So I either drink the "goo machine" coffee or pay for fresh ground. That leads me to believe that the reduced number of outlets is based on the same principle....each "appliance" plugged into an outlet is yet one more source of a fire. Agree that a CPAP is a medical necessity and there should be exceptions made for that (I have one but rarely use it! I'm a bad boy according to my cardiologist!) But how far can you stretch the "medical necessity" allowance?? Just another thing to keep in mind when we think about all the changes made to each new class of ship that is introduced. I guess what I have learned most from looking at Dave's thread and this one (and a bit from my two roll calls for 10/29 and 11/03) is that there are some features on each class of ship that I like and dislike. So I need to evaluate WHY I'm going on a cruise and what I think I'd like the most on each one, then select the proper class of ship that will best meet those needs/wants! Personally I like the smaller ones for Alaska cuz they can snuggle up to the glaciers! But when I went on the Star some years ago, the Captain pulled that pretty good-sized ship as close as he could (and set a record for that size ship) and it was exhilarating! Who knew? ;) I'm sure it's posted somewhere on these great forums .... Do not over anticipate! Go with the mindset that you WILL enjoy your trip! Always look on the bright side and things will work out and it will be a great trip!! :D

Juakkers- thanks for those photos. I was very interested in that area. It looks great!

Re: the fountains. Anyone who's sat by the Calypso Pool on a warm Caribbean night to watch MUTS knows how cool the spray from the pool can be even when the seas are relatively calm. The fountains aren't spraying straight up? Many on CC called that one from the git-go.

No kidding...how anyone who has been on deck particularly when underway could think it wouldn't spray us. :eek:

I like the video of a fountain show but think I'll view it upwind from the open deck above the fountains. :)

I would rather run through the fountains than watch them splash dance. Is this what we have to look forward to in terms of entertainment on future cruise ships? I guess it's a way of saving money in the entertainment budget. I can see fountains at any mall in the US. As a matter of fact there is a traffic light I always seem to have to stop at where an office building has a very similar fountain and at night the water changes colors as well. It doesn't even keep me entertained while I'm waiting for the light to change.

No problem at all I wish I had taken some more now! The decor is lovely and the sofas were a great place to sit and watch the wake.

I have spent many an hour reading your fabulous winter blogs and would just like to say thank you for those - it is much appreciated that you share your experiences with us all :)

I think you will be able to watch many a nice sunrise from this terrace at the back :D

Many thanks to everyone for all the helpful info & photographs,

The more I see the palm trees & foliage in the sanctum, the more I think they look plastic, please tell me I am wrong. :eek:

Thank you

They have to be plastic. How would they survive a cold weather itinerary? Well I guess they could have swapped real palm trees with some blue spruce for those Canada/New England runs.

Having buyer's remorse on stateroom--but sailing not until Aug. 2014 with lots of great availability that I don't want to miss.

Sailing with many old Princess friends and local couple who want to be near us.

We usually do a mini.

We have booked one of those angled balconies on Riveria under the Skywalk. Having second thoughts due to the views and mostly night lights.

Choices:

1. Same room down on Dolphin or Caribe. Biggest angled balcony that is not handicapped. Less exposure to above, and noise, but still lights?

2. One of those forward minis on top of the bridge. But steel sides and possibly no access whilst at sea. (A big problem for me.) And light exclusion possibly at night for the bridge.)

3. An aft balcony. Love the aft, but no suite for this trip.

4. MA minis--next 2 each other, possible under the Skywalk (we like starboard)--do the doors open really improve the balcony size?

So, if you were me, what would you do. (A simple answer is sufficient.)

Enjoyed meeting you on the Crown TA last year. Next time I'll buy you a drink and give you a surprise. (Don't think nasty thoughts anyone.)

Archived