Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Thanks to all of you for taking time from your cruise to post.

I have one very important question... ;) I have looked in the photos that have been posted & shared here on CC, but haven't really been able to see the answer - Where are the hair dryers located in the balcony cabins??? In the bathroom or by the desk? (Yes, we all have different priorities... :D)

I just returned from the maiden voyage. The hair dryers are now in the top drawer of the desk. The wire runs throught the back of the drawer.

The Royal is just a beautiful ship. what I found a little confusing was having two entrances to the two anytime Dining rooms. One portside and one starboard. If you were meeting someone, you had to be sure to mention which side to meet!

It does have one print (you can see it in one relection), but lacks a second one on the opposite wall. It also lacks the mirrors on the wall behind the beds. It IS very basic. But at least it has drawers in the vanity (which many ships lack in inside cabins). We'll have to see if a non-sideways inside is the same.

Very austere indeed. But at least it's on a ship.....:D:D:D

Bob

I just returned from the maiden voyage. The hair dryers are now in the top drawer of the desk. The wire runs throught the back of the drawer.

The Royal is just a beautiful ship. what I found a little confusing was having two entrances to the two anytime Dining rooms. One portside and one starboard. If you were meeting someone, you had to be sure to mention which side to meet!

Is there still usable space in the drawer with the hair dryer? Also, can it be removed/unplugged and taken out?

It does have one print (you can see it in one relection), but lacks a second one on the opposite wall. It also lacks the mirrors on the wall behind the beds. It IS very basic. But at least it has drawers in the vanity (which many ships lack in inside cabins). We'll have to see if a non-sideways inside is the same.

You don't get the drawers in the Deluxe balcony cabins either! I really like the look of this inside one.

Hi All

Shower

Was going to say this is a great improvement on past ones, first its not fixed plus the head has a good range of shower patterns .

Toilet

Now the fun part check out any pics you see of the toilet, the loo paper is behind you to the left under the sink, not easy place to reach.bend over to reach it and your butt is out the door,

yours Shogun

Thank goodness I just put my iced coffee down:p:D:eek:

Dave........THANKS so very much for the pictures and explanation. YOU ARE AMAZING. Have been one of your silent admirers from the very beginning and am very sad you are no longer on the maiden Caribbean 5-day cruise. I would have loved to meet you and stood in line to buy you your favorite drink. Always look forward to ALL your pictures, comments and maps that are posted.

Judy from SW Florida

Will definitely take pictures of A428 in Oct. on the TA.

Hi All

As we are taking about hair dryers, on the pre maiden heard folks complaing that there was not one in their cabins,

yes you got it right they did not look in the drawer,

as to can you still use the drawer, yes you can, still a good amount of space in it,

we had 6 or 7 drawers in our cabin, the two bed side unites andthe one at the desk,

mirrors, you have a full length one at the dressing area,

one over the desk,

one over the fridge unit,

and the one in the shower room,

because of the big screens opposite the bed

you can not have one there.

yours Shogun

Is there still usable space in the drawer with the hair dryer? Also, can it be removed/unplugged and taken out?

Didn't try unplugging it but here is a pic of our hairdryer in it's drawer if it helps (deluxe balcony cabin)

DSC00952.JPG

It is exactly the same in the standard balcony - I used the space for storage as DH has a number 2 cut and I don't use a hair dryer . Don't know if it comes out as I didn't try.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On the carnival Legend the hairdryers were in the drawers, there was still space to use and you couldn't remove it from the drawer to put in a cupboard or take to the bathroom etc.

Is there still usable space in the drawer with the hair dryer? Also, can it be removed/unplugged and taken out?[/quote

I don't think you can unplug the dryer, but there is still usable space in the drawer. I thought the hair dyer was much better and had more power. There also seemed to be a lot more hangers in the closet, I counted 30.

The comment about the location of the toilet paper holder is a valid one, almost impossible to reach! Our room steward advised just leaving a roll on the vanity for easier access.

Obedience issues? Know your child? You are talking about 3 and 4 year olds. These are babies, not adolescents.

Unfortunately, I have been exposed to 3 and 5 years olds, and YOUNGER children that acted just like their parents!! I'll go no further with that one! But I think you understand what I mean. It's better to recognize that your child may have a "situation" that might require special attention, than to make out the invitation list to that child's funeral! Sorry, but I unfortunately saw this happen to a close friend! It's very close to home!

Is there still usable space in the drawer with the hair dryer? Also, can it be removed/unplugged and taken out?[/quote

I don't think you can unplug the dryer, but there is still usable space in the drawer. I thought the hair dyer was much better and had more power. There also seemed to be a lot more hangers in the closet, I counted 30.

The comment about the location of the toilet paper holder is a valid one, almost impossible to reach! Our room steward advised just leaving a roll on the vanity for easier access.

Never matters how many hangers are there, you can always get more by asked your steward. I usually eliminate most of the fat wooden ones since they take up too much space, and ask for wire hangers. Then of course when I sent out laundry, I end up with more hangers than I need when the laundry comes back.

Didn't try unplugging it but here is a pic of our hairdryer in it's drawer if it helps (deluxe balcony cabin)

DSC00952.JPG

Yay! Thank you for the photo. That looks like a significant upgrade from the other ships, since obviously you can direct the flow the air much better. My hair is now asking me to book on the Royal.

The Royal TA will be our first cruise as Elites. I am thrilled that we are Elite in time for a TA, but have a question about the free laundry service. Will they just press clothes for us, i.e. they are wrinkled upon arrival from packing but don't really need cleaning. Also, many of our clothes are machine washable, not dry clean. Will they hang them up or bring them back folded? Can I request they be hung?

Thanks.

What a fantastic visual you have just painted for us! I'm sure this will be the first thing NEW cruisers on Royal will want to check out. Of course, the solution that hopefully will "send the message" would be to remove the paper roll from the holder and SET IT PROMENANTLY ON THE FLAT SURFACE NEXT TO THE SINK!! that sure beats dislocating a shoulder!! :D

Larry you crack me up! Looking forward to meeting you later this year. :)

The Royal TA will be our first cruise as Elites. I am thrilled that we are Elite in time for a TA' date=' but have a question about the free laundry service. Will they just press clothes for us, i.e. they are wrinkled upon arrival from packing but don't really need cleaning. Also, many of our clothes are machine washable, not dry clean. Will they hang them up or bring them back folded? Can I request they be hung?

Thanks.[/quote']

Most things except socks and underwear are on hangers. Pressing service is available. They no longer provide dry cleaning service, press only, at least that was our experience on the Diamond in May.

Having read this thread from the beginning, this is the first mention that anyone has made about the SeaView Bar on the other side of the ship. I would expect that this will be a very popular spot for sunset & people watching in warmer climates. Any reports from on-board? :confused:

Apologies if I am late to the party on this topic, but I'm wondering the same thing. We booked A422 on the Royal, and we're nervous about the visibility of our balcony from the SeaView Bar. Not that we'd be entertaining to watch, but I'd prefer to not be on display while enjoying our balcony of our (expensive!) MA mini suite.

Thanks in advance from any insight that folks have to offer with regard to how visible the MA mini suites on the Aloha deck are from the Seaview Bar :-/

Apologies if I am late to the party on this topic, but I'm wondering the same thing. We booked A422 on the Royal, and we're nervous about the visibility of our balcony from the SeaView Bar. Not that we'd be entertaining to watch, but I'd prefer to not be on display while enjoying our balcony of our (expensive!) MA mini suite.

Thanks in advance from any insight that folks have to offer with regard to how visible the MA mini suites on the Aloha deck are from the Seaview Bar :-/

I've seen pictures of the seating areas (chair with tables) at the SeaView Bar alongside the railing at the outside edge, and pictures where that seating was removed. Someone mentioned that while folks were sitting on the stools at the SeaView Bar that those seats alongside the outer edge blocked the view, so they were removed and grouped elsewhere. If the latter is the case, then those sitting on the stools cannot see down through the portal to the balcony decks below, only those walking past and looking straight down through the portals. There is also no gaping doughnut whole opening in the middle like there is over at the SeaWalk.

And yes, those walking past and looking down can see most everyone sitting in their chairs while on the balconies. However, they won't be camping out and staring down at you, more like a quick glimpse. They'll be more fascinated with the passing water or the views out to sea.

9051158191_b0eb5a70ec_c.jpg

9051158285_91cede1805_c.jpg

9051158333_370b2f4aa7_c.jpg

Dave........THANKS so very much for the pictures and explanation. YOU ARE AMAZING. Have been one of your silent admirers from the very beginning and am very sad you are no longer on the maiden Caribbean 5-day cruise. I would have loved to meet you and stood in line to buy you your favorite drink. Always look forward to ALL your pictures, comments and maps that are posted.

Judy from SW Florida

Will definitely take pictures of A428 in Oct. on the TA.

Glad to help out!!! And by time I get on Royal Princess in December I'm going to need a few drinks! lol ;)

Looking forward to more pictures and many more LIVE reports. :D

The Royal TA will be our first cruise as Elites. I am thrilled that we are Elite in time for a TA' date=' but have a question about the free laundry service. Will they just press clothes for us, i.e. they are wrinkled upon arrival from packing but don't really need cleaning. Also, many of our clothes are machine washable, not dry clean. Will they hang them up or bring them back folded? Can I request they be hung?

Thanks.[/quote']

You place your laundry in a bag(s) and fill out a laundry slip for each load. Make certain to request "Next Day Service" otherwise you will be charged if you want same day service. There is a place on the slip for instructions and a press only area. Almost all clothes, even T shirts, are returned pressed on wire hangers and are hung in your closet. Items such as underwear, socks are folded and in a bag. They don't do traditional dry cleaning, but they can clean dry clean only garments. There is a place on the right side of the slip for this request. I think they use dry clean sheets, but not positively certain about this. As we remove clothes from the wire hangers we place the hangers on the small table and the room steward takes them away. Otherwise your closet get cluttered with hangers. We normally do quick pressing ourselves in the laundry room. Very easy.

Hi, I finally managed to upload a couple of UBD photo's from the Royal, asyou can see there is enough room for a proper table on the standard balcony.

Looks lovely. Was it still $100? I am also looking for some comments on the Trident grill BBQ menu.

You place your laundry in a bag(s) and fill out a laundry slip for each load. Make certain to request "Next Day Service" otherwise you will be charged if you want same day service. There is a place on the slip for instructions and a press only area. Almost all clothes, even T shirts, are returned pressed on wire hangers and are hung in your closet. Items such as underwear, socks are folded and in a bag. They don't do traditional dry cleaning, but they can clean dry clean only garments. There is a place on the right side of the slip for this request. I think they use dry clean sheets, but not positively certain about this. As we remove clothes from the wire hangers we place the hangers on the small table and the room steward takes them away. Otherwise your closet get cluttered with hangers. We normally do quick pressing ourselves in the laundry room. Very easy.

We also do quick pressing ourselves or unpack and hang and by the time you want to wear something the few wrinkles from packing are gone. There are things I am too nervous to send out too and still do a wash of our own.

I noticed carnival have limited there free laundry and wonder if princess will follow:eek:

Archived