Royal Princess 250 pics and Mini Suite R520 video

Dinotoll

Maybe this has been discussed on other threads but there are so many Royal threads its hard to keep track. Do you insert your cruise card into a slot for the lights to work? Is this also required for the AC to work? Interesting change. I have seen this in hotels and I understand their desire to reduce energy costs, but I find it strange for a cruise ship that makes its own power.

Maybe this has been discussed on other threads but there are so many Royal threads its hard to keep track. Do you insert your cruise card into a slot for the lights to work? Is this also required for the AC to work? Interesting change. I have seen this in hotels and I understand their desire to reduce energy costs, but I find it strange for a cruise ship that makes its own power.

Yes thats a new thing, like in some hotels have. BUT you can insert any card you have, it also works when you only put some plastic stuff inside.

There is now delay , when you take your card out all AC is off at once.:)

Hi Folks, for those who are interested in the new gorgeous Royal Princess I want to share some pics from our short Southampton cruise where we returned yesterday.

Hello Dinotoll,

Thank you so much for taking and posting so many beautiful photos. The photos and video taken from the SeaWalk/SeaView Bar are very helpful. And I am most grateful for the video of the Mini-suite as BFF and I will have an extended balcony Mini-suite.

May you enjoy your next cruise on the Royal Princess in the fall and thank you again. Kay

Hi Folks, for those who are interested in the new gorgeous Royal Princess I want to share some pics from our short Southampton cruise where we returned yesterday.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107289430901088544193/RoyalPrincessSOUTH2013

Also I have a short video taken from our Mini Suite:

thank you so much for the wonderful pictures of the new Royal Princess. My husband and I are sailing on the Royal in Sept. 2013 to the Mediterranean and your pictures have whetted our appetite.

Regards,

Barb

Thank you very much. I loved the video and the pictures. I also have a MA on Oct 29. I actually had one of the angled mini-suites on the Riviera deck. After seeing so many pictures showing how anyone can look down on your balcony, I switched to another mini-suite that's not underneath the SeaView Bar.

Quick question - does the mini-suite come with fresh flowers? That's a nice touch.

Quick question - does the mini-suite come with fresh flowers? That's a nice touch.

Absolutley YES, the flowers where very nice and they where "free of charge".

@DrivesLikeMario I agree to all your points , special the curtain in the shower is a NO GO. My dear you are standing in this slippery tube and everything is dark because of that curtain. When you slipp out you cant see anything because there is no exhaustion and the mirror is fogging.

A few things I like about your mini-suite:

1. The nightstands are great! Love the marble tops, the shelf and drawers. Celebrity's Solstice Class could take a lesson on how to make a good nightstand!

2. Desk: The refrigerator is to the left as you sit at the desk and the drawers are on the right. For the majority of people who are right-handed, this is perfect! (This was another thing that Celebrity has backwards.)

3. The headboard is nice! I wish they had put a cabinet above it though. The extra storage space is appreciated.

4. I LOVE that Princess kept the little entry way table that is built into the wall. That's where we always put our cruise cards & sunglasses. I guess you only really need 1 card in the light switch, so the others can still go on the table.

A few things I didn't like:

1. That balcony IS small! Wow! :eek: That's a bit shocking at first sight.

2. The shower curtain in the bathroom: I wish they could have come up with some other shower closure like a clam-shell design, regular doors that aren't easily breakable or a half-partition that's fixed.

Originally Posted by Dinotoll View Post

@DrivesLikeMario I agree to all your points , special the curtain in the shower is a NO GO. My dear you are standing in this slippery tube and everything is dark because of that curtain. When you slipp out you cant see anything because there is no exhaustion and the mirror is fogging.

I don't understand why the cruise ship companies don't have "spies" like every other company and copy good features in new builds.

We are mainly Princess cruisers but spent 35 days on the Celebrity Solstice this last winter and the glass shower door and no fog mirror in the bathroom were wonderful!!!!

(Missed the large open closet and dressing area we get on Princess, though.)

I know every line has pluses and minuses but my point is still, why don't they scope out what the other lines are doing and add it to new builds????

• 2 months later...

https://picasaweb.google.com/107289430901088544193/RoyalPrincessSOUTH2013

Also I have a short video taken from our Mini Suite:

Hi, Thanks for the great video! Can you tell me if the chairs on the balcony are able to recline, I can't quite tell from the video. Thanks!

Archived