Snorlke Park Bermuda

SciFiCruiser

Snorkel Park that is!

For my family to book an excursion through the ship it is @ $160. Where as if we go on our own, admission, umbrella and 2 lounge chairs only run @ $55.

As no food is included with the ship booking is there any reason to book this through the ship as opposed to just going on your own? We don't care about snorkeling so getting included gear is not a factor.

I wouldn't even waste my time going to the snorkel park. It is a man made beach ( no pink sand) that is very hard and just a drain on the wallet. If you wanted to go the beach I would suggest Horseshoe Bay. Better views, pink sand, cheaper beach rentals, and a better experience.

U can walk there. Takes 5 minutes. It's not fancy but really easy w the kids. If u bring some corn flakes swimming there will b fish everywhere surrounding u

The horseshoe bay excursion is easy and the beach is beautiful Go early. Gets crowded.

Both places have food. Not great but convenient.

Long Island

Yeah just go to Snorkel Park on your own! It is right next to ship, they even painted footsteps on the sidewalk for you to follow there. lol They have a fun beach party there at night with a DJ. Fun little beach. Pretty fish to see when you actually do snorkel.

I wouldn't even waste my time going to the snorkel park. It is a man made beach ( no pink sand) that is very hard and just a drain on the wallet. If you wanted to go the beach I would suggest Horseshoe Bay. Better views, pink sand, cheaper beach rentals, and a better experience.

Agree with above, not worth an excursion, its a 5 minute walk from the ship and $5 to get in. Worth it for a Friday as you stay close to the ship and the snorkeling is decent, otherwise try the South Shore Beaches, Horseshoe is the best for facilities and beach, Church Bay is the best snorkeling beach but offers no facilities or rentals.

Well said! ;) This is the one place in Bermuda I do not like at all. Otherwise, I love Bermuda and find it the most beautiful place on earth.:D Snorkel Park takes advantage of their location near the cruise ships. :mad: It is not a large area and fills up quickly because of their location.

Thank you very much all for answering the OP.

I was going to have my group of 10 go to Snorkel Park on our last day in Bermuda (we are doing Horseshoe Bay Beach) but didn't know the the cruise ships also send people there.

I think I'll send everyone to Tobacco Bay.

Thanks.

I was going to have my group of 10 go to Snorkel Park on our last day in Bermuda (we are doing Horseshoe Bay Beach) but didn't know the the cruise ships also send people there.

Thanks.

That is a great option as well - went there last year and lots of fish and generally very shallow water in the cove area.

Thanks.

That was going to be my suggestion. Pretty easy to get to and it might be less crowded.

Snorkel Beach - you NEED to wear water shoes!! Sand there not smooth or easy on feet!!

Horseshoe Bay Beach - best on island for pink sand etc. Best time to go there when the tide is low (-/+ 2 hours). You can snorkel in the children's beach (on your right as you step onto the beach), but it's not a lot.

Best place to do combo beach, relax in water and snorkel is Tobacco Bay in St. George's.

I haven't been but I hear Church Cay is good for snorkel, but you need to go down to the beach from the road.

I would suggest you try the Horseshoe and/or Tobacco first. Go to Snorkel Beach at last resort.

Do not use ship's excursions!

Has anyone tried the new beach at other end of KW.?? I have read about it , on your left as you leave KW after the gate ??? :confused::confused: max

I have not tried this beach but would like to. Where did you read about it?

never heard of it and I have been to Bermuda three times~~what is the name?:)

The beach name is Black Bay Beach and is located just past the sea glass beach. You'll find info at these links:

Have not seen a review of it.

SBtS

How much is the beach party?

We tried going to the beach party on 5/17 and they tried charging $44 for 2 hr beach party.... on their website it's $20 and even the locals were surprised they tried charging that much. The audience was very thin due to the price.

Looked for signs for Black Bay Beach last week when going to/from other south shore beaches, even looked a little up Cochrane Rd--did not see any signage, perhaps the man that runs the concession was closed that day.

Went to snorkel park for an hour after being at horseshoe all morning. Was curious to see what was under the water. Snorkeling was not awesome, but there was a cannon, some large purple coral, small green coral and sea fans plus a pretty good variety of fish. I wouldn't go there for a whole beach day, or for sitting in a chair. As other's have said, wear water shoes.

This was a contender for me, Black Bay Beach.

I need chairs, umbrellas, food/drink and bathrooms.

Were you not able to find the beach at all or did you see it and nothing was opened?

This was a contender for me, Black Bay Beach.

I need chairs, umbrellas, food/drink and bathrooms.

Were you not able to find the beach at all or did you see it and nothing was opened?

Go to Horseshoe, Elbow or Tobacco....

the only way I would go to Snorkle Park is if I had tiny children in strollers or someone who was disabled with me...... for years that place was free...then last year they started charging $5.00 and I thought it wasn't worth $5.00.

Like I said, to dip your feet it is fine, or with babies or toddlers....there is also a splash zone right outside with some swings or something for little kids.......

but for healthy people with children over 3 I would not bother and I would take an bus to Horseshoe or a ferry to Tobacco.

Next to Snorkel Park is an 18 hole putt putt course. My 80 year old in laws are golfers and said this was an incredible course, best putt putt they'd ever seen/played. The beach is $5 to enter and perfect for elderly not wanting to stray far from ship. Putt putt senior rate was $12pp. Regular price $15pp. Not sure about kid's price.

Agree with above, not worth an excursion, its a 5 minute walk from the ship and $5 to get in. Worth it for a Friday as you stay close to the ship and the snorkeling is decent, otherwise try the South Shore Beaches, Horseshoe is the best for facilities and beach, Church Bay is the best snorkeling beach but offers no facilities or rentals.

is that 5 min from the new wharf that they just completed?

Snorkel Park that is!

For my family to book an excursion through the ship it is @ $160. Where as if we go on our own, admission, umbrella and 2 lounge chairs only run @ $55.

As no food is included with the ship booking is there any reason to book this through the ship as opposed to just going on your own? We don't care about snorkeling so getting included gear is not a factor.

I usually go to Snorkel Park the last day in Bermuda..it is an easy walk and the water is good for me..lots of fish and very easy..my favorite beach is Tobacco Bay and went there last Thursday while I was in Bermuda..:) Have fun!!!!

Archived