What is the difference between concierge and Penthouse

lisemare

Main difference, aside from butler, is several hundred more dollars!

I'd get a better TA, a Regent expert.

TedC - "Several hundred more dollars"! If only it were just that much difference. On our upcoming cruise this fall it was more like $4,000 PP more of a difference.

I've coined a new phrase - feel free to use it anytime. "People who (can) consistently book PH and above suites on Regent cruises are receiving a subliminal message from God - he's telling them that they have too much disposable income onhand!"

Hi pingpong, You and I agree most-in fact even more than that-of the time.

Question though, why if you sail in a PH do you have TOO much income?

Why can't one decide how to spend?

I have an opinion about your response but will not go into it.

Don't let the self proclaimed elite get you down:rolleyes:

"Why can't one decide how to spend?" is a great question. If you read the general cruise question boards you will find posters that book a cruise but cannot afford a passport. I questioned this a few years ago and was told that it was no one's business how they decide to spend their money. They were right.

We know some CC posters who always book the least expensive cabin/suite and take cruises several times a year. Others take one cruise every year or two and book penthouse or above suites. There are no doubt some posters who save for a long time for a special occasion and book the most expensive suite they can afford.

It is probably better not to judge how people book their accommodations on a cruise ship since many times we would be wrong. Offering information on the differences in benefits and location of suites is the most helpful thing we can do (IMHO)

New London/TC - Perhaps I didn't have my tongue pushed far enough into my cheek when I hit the "send" key. I guess you never heard the parallel quotation from the 80's ...."Cocaine addicition is God's way of telling you that you make too much money".

Mine was a feeble/lame attempt at a little humor. I guess it flopped. :o Of course people can spend their bucks anyway they want to and Regent provides a very convenient, opulent, and enjoyable conduit for doing so!

TC - Yes, there are folks that spend a little bit of money (relatively speaking) on frequent cruising, and then there's other folks who spend a LOT of money on a few infrequent cruises. But then, there also seems to be a rather sizeable group on this board that also seems to be able to spend a LOT of money ALL the time on frequent cruising. Me and my financial planner seemed to have "missed" that train! I wish I was one of them! God bless them all! Regards.

New London/TC - Perhaps I didn't have my tongue pushed far enough into my cheek when I hit the "send" key. I guess you never heard the parallel quotation from the 80's ...."Cocaine addicition is God's way of telling you that you make too much money".

Mine was a feeble/lame attempt at a little humor. I guess it flopped. :o Of course people can spend their bucks anyway they want to and Regent provides a very convenient, opulent, and enjoyable conduit for doing so!

TC - Yes, there are folks that spend a little bit of money (relatively speaking) on frequent cruising, and then there's other folks who spend a LOT of money on a few infrequent cruises. But then, there also seems to be a rather sizeable group on this board that also seems to be able to spend a LOT of money ALL the time on frequent cruising. Me and my financial planner seemed to have "missed" that train! I wish I was one of them! God bless them all! Regards.

Oh...... now I get it...... you (and my sister) have a financial planner. We don't (probably obvious). I may not have gotten your humor before but I do now (when it is probably not intended):D All I can say about financial planners is .......................................... (aka nothing). We travel and they don't....... we simply spend our money in different areas.

In any case, there is no guarantee what tomorrow may bring. We want to do what we can do while we are healthy enough to do it. Also, we feel no obligation to provide our children with things that they should be providing for themselves. Leaving them our home is enough..... others may feel differently and are certainly entitled to do so.

In our case, 2013 is the first year that cruises have totally gotten out of control. We basically cruise twice a year. Everyone has an expiration date on their future cruises. Whether it be for financial reasons or health reasons. Whether it be next year or 20 years from now. Nothing is forever.

When we speak to our children and young friends, we encourage them to pay off their home, their cars and their credit cards (even if it means making double mortgage payments). They will be amazed at how much money they will suddenly have for vacations (if that is your priority).

Cruising is our unexpected addiction (that we plan to get under control in 2014). Is there is 12 step program for cruise addiction?

Oh...... now I get it...... you (and my sister) have a financial planner. We don't (probably obvious). I may not have gotten your humor before but I do now (when it is probably not intended):D All I can say about financial planners is .......................................... (aka nothing). We travel and they don't....... we simply spend our money in different areas.

In any case, there is no guarantee what tomorrow may bring. We want to do what we can do while we are healthy enough to do it. Also, we feel no obligation to provide our children with things that they should be providing for themselves. Leaving them our home is enough..... others may feel differently and are certainly entitled to do so.

In our case, 2013 is the first year that cruises have totally gotten out of control. We basically cruise twice a year. Everyone has an expiration date on their future cruises. Whether it be for financial reasons or health reasons. Whether it be next year or 20 years from now. Nothing is forever.

When we speak to our children and young friends, we encourage them to pay off their home, their cars and their credit cards (even if it means making double mortgage payments). They will be amazed at how much money they will suddenly have for vacations (if that is your priority).

Cruising is our unexpected addiction (that we plan to get under control in 2014). Is there is 12 step program for cruise addiction?

TC2....

Miracles will happen....

This is the first time I have agreed with your entire post..

NewLondon - Hey Bill! My FP has saved (and "grown") my estate many thousands of $'s over the years. He's been worth every penney to me and DW and we consider him a trusted member of the family. There's no way I would have had the knowledge, time, and skill to have done it all by myself. He's one of the "good guys". I've told him many times that I'm not "allowing" him to retire until they plant me in the ground first :) Fortunately, he's about 12 years younger then me, so the chances of that are farily good - although I have pretty good longevity genes running through my family. Regards.

Thanks everyone , included business class fares was not factored. As Australians we receive no such inclusions so sort our own airfares in addition . Last time we were in a G level suite that was ample , this time our TA advised that for a fraction more we should try PH , she did advise drawbacks of 1055, but the wraparound balcony sold us .

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived