What is the difference between concierge and Penthouse

lisemare

Our TA talked us into Penthouse , however , concierge is same cabin and seems to offer more ( for slightly less) .

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Penthouse has everything concierge has plus the butler. Depending on the ship, Penthouses are larger than concierge. Believe Navigator is the same, Voyager a bit larger and better shape and Mariner significantly larger.

From what you said, I assume you're travelling on Navigator. So as others have said, only difference is the butler, and that you'll most likely be higher up in the ship. On Navigator, I like the E suites on deck 6--they are low down, and mid-ship or forward. Wherever your suite, try to avoid far aft suites (rear). Navigator is kown for its real vibration. It is also a bit bouncier ship, so I like to be low down.

Passengers in penthouse suites also fill out a "Butler Form" online stating their preferences for bedding, choice of fruit you would like in the room, choice of nuts, pretzels, chips, choice of beer and soft drinks as well as alcohol set-up.

Passengers in penthouse suites also fill out a "Butler Form" online stating their preferences for bedding, choice of fruit you would like in the room, choice of nuts, pretzels, chips, choice of beer and soft drinks as well as alcohol set-up.

That's funny...

We only stay in standard suites and by simply asking, have the same items provided.

That's funny...

We only stay in standard suites and by simply asking, have the same items provided.

The Butler Form is submitted prior to boarding (as soon as you book your cruise). While not a big deal, the OP asked for differences and having everything ready for you when you first enter your suite is a nice touch.

lisemare: Penthouse suites have everything that concierge level suites have plus the butler and, in some cases, larger suites.

At least until Regent limits pre cruise hotels to PH suites only.

I suppose anything is possible. I do know that getting hotel rooms in some cities isn't as easy as I would have thought. With the incentive to book your own hotel, I'm surprised that a lot of passengers use the Regent hotel.

I suppose anything is possible. I do know that getting hotel rooms in some cities isn't as easy as I would have thought. With the incentive to book your own hotel, I'm surprised that a lot of passengers use the Regent hotel.

Confused over your saying that you suppose anything is possible. It is not only possible, it is a reality and has been announced by Regent that below concierge suites will not be getting an included pre-cruise starting next year.

The following is quoted from the Regent Policy Change thread and includes a link to where the statement is quoted from.

*Beginning with the following voyages the FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Luxury Hotel Package is only available for Concierge Suites and Higher: Seven Seas Mariner® April 7, 2014, Seven Seas Navigator® May 21, 2014 and Seven Seas Voyager® June 2, 2014. FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Luxury Hotel Package is not combinable with FREE Pre-Cruise Land Program or $499 Pre-Cruise Land Program. A supplement of $350 per person applies for 3 or more guests.

Reference to Regent Page: http://www.rssc.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Confused over your saying that you suppose anything is possible. It is not only possible, it is a reality and has been announced by Regent that below concierge suites will not be getting an included pre-cruise starting next year.

The following is quoted from the Regent Policy Change thread and includes a link to where the statement is quoted from.

*Beginning with the following voyages the FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Luxury Hotel Package is only available for Concierge Suites and Higher: Seven Seas Mariner® April 7, 2014, Seven Seas Navigator® May 21, 2014 and Seven Seas Voyager® June 2, 2014. FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Luxury Hotel Package is not combinable with FREE Pre-Cruise Land Program or $499 Pre-Cruise Land Program. A supplement of $350 per person applies for 3 or more guests.

Reference to Regent Page: http://www.rssc.com/legal/terms-conditions/

You are correct. However, wripro was talking about the possibility of hotels being offered to penthouse suites only. Assume he means penthouse suites and above. In any case, this is not the new program but it could happen a some point -- no way to know.

Lisamear early September in Britain can be in the mid 20's and very pleasant, mid to end September morning / nights tend to cool of considerably fog can start being a problem, really can be summed up in the saying "mists and mellow fruitfulness" as you are coming into autumn. Europe, I assume you are traveling via the bay of Biscay if you leave the UK early should be very pleasant be you could catch an early storm, the later in September you travel through the bay the more likely you are to catch a storm. Once through the bay I would think that temperatures around the mid 20's should be expected to the end of September then slowly falling away during October.

Unfortunately all the above can change in Europe decides to either have a late summer or an early autumn, hopefully for you and us its the former. Have a great cruise.

Lisamear early September in Britain can be in the mid 20's and very pleasant, mid to end September morning / nights tend to cool of considerably fog can start being a problem, really can be summed up in the saying "mists and mellow fruitfulness" as you are coming into autumn. Europe, I assume you are traveling via the bay of Biscay if you leave the UK early should be very pleasant be you could catch an early storm, the later in September you travel through the bay the more likely you are to catch a storm. Once through the bay I would think that temperatures around the mid 20's should be expected to the end of September then slowly falling away during October.

Unfortunately all the above can change in Europe decides to either have a late summer or an early autumn, hopefully for you and us its the former. Have a great cruise.

I just read an article about how Britain is going to be colder and wetter over the next couple of years, because of the position of the jetstream. It's always a crapshoot i think, but best to take a brolly!

We had this year a cruise on the Voyager and were happy not be on the AFT. Vibration and a lot of noise from the watermovement.

I see 1055 that's realy AFT and also right under the veranda restaurant where breakfast is served on top of you:rolleyes:. (It should not be my choise).

The weather in UK and Europe is strange this year. So take clothes with you for all kind of weather.

We have been to London a few times in early September and it has been quite warm. When we were in Europe last month, we heard that they were having a "late spring". Not sure if that means they will have a late summer. As with most of the world, weather is fairly difficult to predict right now. Best to be prepared for cold, warm an rain:confused:

TC2,

You understood my point exactly. Since they've now limited pre cruise hotels to concierge and above what's to stop them from doing the same to penthouse and above in the future? This all goes to my point that there are class distinctions on Regent same as on other lines.

TC2,

You understood my point exactly. Since they've now limited pre cruise hotels to concierge and above what's to stop them from doing the same to penthouse and above in the future? This all goes to my point that there are class distinctions on Regent same as on other lines.

Darn -- we were agreeing so well until this post;)

Regent has managed to keep the onboard experience the same for all passengers -- once they step outside their suite and I applaud them for that. There have been benefits given to upper level suites for a long time (hate calling them "concierge" - this brings back nightmares). If you were booked in a penthouse suite, you would stay in a different hotel than guests in the lower suites -- even before the dreaded "concierge" program.

Hotel stays have been something offered to guests that are not run by Regent or their employees. Some guests have taken advantage of the pre-cruise hotel stay - others have not. The same is true of flights and transportation to and from the ship. So, IMO, the pre-post cruise activities do not affect the experience of Regent passengers onboard the ships.

Unlike ships that truly have a "class" system, there are no special restaurants or areas where only passengers booked in a certain class can go. Also, once you walk out of your suite, no one knows if you are in a Master Suite on the lowest cost suite. It simply does not matter on Regent (and I believe the same thing is true of Seabourn).

Just a slight difference of opinion.

Darn -- we were agreeing so well until this post;)

Regent has managed to keep the onboard experience the same for all passengers -- once they step outside their suite and I applaud them for that. There have been benefits given to upper level suites for a long time (hate calling them "concierge" - this brings back nightmares). If you were booked in a penthouse suite, you would stay in a different hotel than guests in the lower suites -- even before the dreaded "concierge" program.

Hotel stays have been something offered to guests that are not run by Regent or their employees. Some guests have taken advantage of the pre-cruise hotel stay - others have not. The same is true of flights and transportation to and from the ship. So, IMO, the pre-post cruise activities do not affect the experience of Regent passengers onboard the ships.

Unlike ships that truly have a "class" system, there are no special restaurants or areas where only passengers booked in a certain class can go. Also, once you walk out of your suite, no one knows if you are in a Master Suite on the lowest cost suite. It simply does not matter on Regent (and I believe the same thing is true of Seabourn).

Just a slight difference of opinion.

Not entirely true..

If you have a butler, he/she can get you a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants. Otherwise, you're on your own.

Is this not a class system predicated on how much you spend for a cabin....oops!.....I mean suite..?

How about dinners with the Captain and management staff?

First choice generally goes to those with lots of nights with Regent.

Not entirely true..

If you have a butler, he/she can get you a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants. Otherwise, you're on your own.

Is this not a class system predicated on how much you spend for a cabin....oops!.....I mean suite..?

How about dinners with the Captain and management staff?

First choice generally goes to those with lots of nights with Regent.

Our Butler was never able to get us reservations... Though he certainly tried several times! So that puts that theory to rest :)

Archived