Best longer cruise (14+ days)

Wayfairers

Our most recent longer cruise was the 28 day South Pacific on Sapphire Princess. But our upcoming Amazon cruise is 1 we are doing for the 2nd time on Oceania Regatta. That is only 24 days.

Europe was best when we did it by land.

Our favorite is Holland America's Voyage of the Vikings. It is the best 35 days we've spent on a cruise, have done it twice and I hope we can do it again! margretha

What made this cruise the best?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Europe was best when we did it by land.

Interesting.....I am planning a land trip now throughout Belgium and the Netherlands. we will probably cruise over and back spending time in whatever port city

Azamara --14 nights -- Rome to Athens, with stops in Sorrento, Chios (Greece), Istanbul overnight, Kusadasi, Bodrum, Fethiye, Antalya (all in Turkey), Cyprus, and Alexandria.

What an amazing group of ports and Azamara is a fabulous cruise line.

Thus far ..... I would have to say that the 28 day Princess r/t LA-HI-Samoa-Tahiti-LA was the absolute best, followed closely behind by the 19 day Princess Transatlantic Venice to Ft Lauderdale.

Azamara --14 nights -- Rome to Athens, with stops in Sorrento, Chios (Greece), Istanbul overnight, Kusadasi, Bodrum, Fethiye, Antalya (all in Turkey), Cyprus, and Alexandria.

What an amazing group of ports and Azamara is a fabulous cruise line.

I've never sailed Azamara....what makes them better??

Single cruise = 14 day Alaska on HAL, including both Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier as well as Anchorage (the actual port for the city), Homer, Sitka, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Skagway.

We enjoyed sharing that cruise with you.

We also enjoyed all of our 'repo' cruises....Fort Lauderdale to San Diego, Fort Lauderdale to Montreal, Quebec City to Tampa.

I do have a 'wish-list'.....would love to cruise the 'Voyage of the Vikings' on HAL. Also the 'Northwest Passage' on Hapag-Lloyd's 'Hanseatic'.

One that I will reward myself with when I retire is a full world cruise on either Cunard or HAL....

We did an Oceania cruise from Miami to the Amazon and back stopping at Caribbean ports before and after cruising the Amazon. 25 days. We are booked to do it again next year.

The South Pacific 26 day cruise we did last fall was also great. That was LA and back, Lots of sea days

From Argentina around South America to Mexico was also good.

Want more???

My wife and I were married on the Noordam and then steamed from New York on a 17-day Transatlantic with stops in Bermuda - Madeira, Portugal - Lisbon, Portugal - Cadiz, Spain - Casablanca, Morocco - Monte Carlo, Monaco - Barcelona, Spain - Livorno, Italy and debarked in Rome.

A tremendous voyage with tons of adventures and some wonderful new friendships forged with people we continue to cruise with.

Jonathan

Interesting.....I am planning a land trip now throughout Belgium and the Netherlands. we will probably cruise over and back spending time in whatever port city

You have the best of both worlds. In my opinion traveling to Europe or any other continent by ship is the only civilized way to go.

Don't skip Luxemborg.

HAL's 35 day Voyage of the Vikings done once each year is a fabulous cruise that gets raves every year. It sails from Boston to Netherlands (either Amsterdam or Rotterdam) with stops in Iceland, Greenland, Atlantic Canada, Europe and then returns to Boston.

Archived