Best longer cruise (14+ days)

Wayfairers

We have loved them all, but probably the best two were the West Africa cruise from Cape Town to London on the Ocean Princess and South America Circumnavigation on the Grand Princess. They were 31 and 49 days respectively

Of our longer cruises I especially liked our 46 day on the HAL Prinsendam that cruised the west coast of Africa and then across the Atlantic and up the Amazon. Also our 63 day cruise on the HAL Amsterdam that visited ports in Russia, Japan, South Korea, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, Fiji, New Caledonia, Samoa and Hawaii.

We have loved them all, but probably the best two were the West Africa cruise from Cape Town to London on the Ocean Princess and South America Circumnavigation on the Grand Princess. They were 31 and 49 days respectively

I didn't realize Princess has a South America circumnavigation. I thought HAL and Seabourne were the only choices for that cruise. Great info!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I didn't realize Princess has a South America circumnavigation. I thought HAL and Seabourne were the only choices for that cruise. Great info!

Earlier this year, the Grand Princess went from FLL to SF by way of Cape Horn. The Crown Princess will do a similar route Feb 2014. Both are/were 49 days.

Seeing the FLL Panama Canal on here a few times. We have considered doing that one b2b FLL-San Diego-FLL for a total of 28 days. Do all the ports have enough options for 2 visits that close together?

So far cruising the Baltic was my favorite. We had a number of ports but also had sea days thrown in so it wasn't tiring.

I like having sea days thrown in ....makes it easier to process everything you are seeing. My ideal cruise would have sea days alternating with port days and t least once a week two sea days back to back. Never considered a Baltic cruise....what made it your favorite?

Of our longer cruises I especially liked our 46 day on the HAL Prinsendam that cruised the west coast of Africa and then across the Atlantic and up the Amazon. Also our 63 day cruise on the HAL Amsterdam that visited ports in Russia, Japan, South Korea, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, Fiji, New Caledonia, Samoa and Hawaii.

We're these part of a world cruise?

What has been your favorite longer cruise? (14 of more days)

Single cruise = 14 day Alaska on HAL, including both Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier as well as Anchorage (the actual port for the city), Homer, Sitka, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Skagway.

But even better than that was b2b2b cruises totaling 33 days on NCL's Sun Northern Europe across the Atlantic and then doing Western Caribbean

Full transit is starting on one coast, going through all the locks of the canal, ending on the opposite coast.

Partial transit starts on east coast, goes through first lock into Gatun Lake where it stays for several hours, returning through the same lock to the original departure port. This is a shorter cruise than full transit.

Archived