What are your between-cruise RCI "fixes"

As DW and I only get to cruise once a year, I am constantly trying to find things that bring back those cruise moments in our everyday mundane lives. Just wonder what other's do between cruises to get themselves through?

I have a pot of Seatle's Best set and ready to awake DW tomorrow morning. I get the biggest thrill out of finding a restaurant that serves it, as it brings my mind back to the cruises.

I also will purposely go out and buy small croissants to make for the very same reason.

I'm sure that I can't be the only one that does something like this, and wonder what other's do in-between to bring such moments back in their lives?

All My Best ~

Book the next one and start planning;).

Also the group we cruise with each year tries to get together at least once between trips for a long weekend (live in MD, PA & NY) someplace fun and hijinks and planning ensues:rolleyes:

Las Vegas is my go to destination. But its a heck of a lot closer than Florida for me. When people ask me why I like cruising, I tell them each ship is like a Las Vegas hotel that takes you to tropical places.

I enjoyed stumbling upon this post! DH and my last cruise was Aug 2011 (can't believe it's been that long. Ugh.) but we just had our first baby in December. He's just an amazing, beautiful little boy and we love him to death --- buuuut I've got 'the fever' real bad. I need to cruise again soon. DH and I are considering Quantum of the Seas Sept 2015. DS will almost be 3 by then. I can't wait til RCI releases fall '15 itineraries!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

As DW and I only get to cruise once a year, I am constantly trying to find things that bring back those cruise moments in our everyday mundane lives. Just wonder what other's do between cruises to get themselves through?

I have a pot of Seatle's Best set and ready to awake DW tomorrow morning. I get the biggest thrill out of finding a restaurant that serves it, as it brings my mind back to the cruises.

I also will purposely go out and buy small croissants to make for the very same reason.

I'm sure that I can't be the only one that does something like this, and wonder what other's do in-between to bring such moments back in their lives?

All My Best ~

I bought a little, blue stuffed animal at bingo one time, which entitled me to a free extra card for the last game of that bingo round AND, if I bring the stuffed animal on subsequent cruises, every game of bingo I play on an RCI cruise. I appropriately named the stuffed animal "Mudslide," after my drink of choice that cruise. Now, I have Mudslide prominently displayed on top of the popcorn machine in our apartment and explain his significance to any visitors who will listen. :D Everytime I look at him I anticipate "using" him on our next cruise!

I've already shared this on my Meet&Mingle thread, but here goes again...

Inspired by the pictures of the Quantum Solarium with multiple pools each at a different level, I came up with my very own Redneck version of the Solarium. I can buy a couple of those plastic kiddie pools that they have at Walmart for $12 each. Put one on the patio, and the other on the grass just below. I could cut out the side of the upper pool down about six inches in a "u" shape, and then the water would even trickle down to the lower pool.

Of course, I could also torture a couple of towels into animal shapes and leave them on beds.

Feel for you. Living in FL we can take lots of 3 night cruises to get us by until our next 7 night cruise. Could not survive anymore if I could not cruise at least 6-8 times a year.

So your between-cruise "fix" is more cruising? I like where your head is at! :D

All My Best ~

Wow that is really sweet and I bet your DW thinks so too. :)

Prior to having our very first cruise in April & May I really didn't get it, what was the addictiveness people were talking about. I get it now. :D

Since we left Rhapsody May 11 we stayed in Honolulu for 9 days, then we went to Las Vegas for five days. We decided that helped decompress us a bit. Tomorrow I'm heading to San Antonio for 6 days while DH goes to Minnesota.

It is 9 1/2 months until our next cruise. That is a long time. :eek: I really, really need to book just one more cruise, just one more. That's all, one more. :cool:

I keep a gorgeous photo of the sea on both my desktop and laptop computers. All of my cruise pics are in heavy rotation as my screensavers! I get a constant reminder of how much fun I've had through the years on all of my sailings. Also, staying plugged into Cruise Critic keeps me excited until the next cruise.:cool:

We have a "formal night" once a month and eat "beanie weenies" to save $ for our next cruise! Just off the Brilliance 12 night Baltic sailing and waiting now for our Serenade 12 night Med/Greek cruise in May/2014!

Dolfans from Miami

I cruise twice a year, once with friends or family, and once solo. The rest of the time, I go on about a six week schedule. Every six weeks or so, it's at least a long weekend away. Vegas and Orlando are my two standards. Actually heading to Orlando this afternoon, for four days of golf and R&R with some friends!

Once a year cruisers here, too. I like to book the next one as soon as possible to have something to look forward to, then spend time here on CC and other cruise websites. I also check for price drops daily.

I spent some time yesterday watching Freedom of the Seas videos on Youtube! Yes, it's a little creepy when you think I'm watching other people's vacation videos, but the ship tours are good.

Once a year cruisers here, too. I like to book the next one as soon as possible to have something to look forward to, then spend time here on CC and other cruise websites. I also check for price drops daily.

I spent some time yesterday watching Freedom of the Seas videos on Youtube! Yes, it's a little creepy when you think I'm watching other people's vacation videos, but the ship tours are good.

Hi Jules

I heard there is a site that automatically sends you the price drops on all cruises. Do you know what site this is by any chance? BTW your video watching others vacations is not creepy at all. I do it all the time...well maybe it is a little creepy now that I think about it...ha ha ha!

Dolfans from Miami

Hi Jules

I heard there is a site that automatically sends you the price drops on all cruises. Do you know what site this is by any chance? BTW your video watching others vacations is not creepy at all. I do it all the time...well maybe it is a little creepy now that I think about it...ha ha ha!

Dolfans from Miami

I've heard about that website, but I don't remember the name. Anyone??

Archived