Production Shows

Going on the Freedom this August. I was just wondering if anyone has any reviews of the shows: Once Upon A Time; Now You See It; and Marquee. Is there a plot in any of these shows, or are they just singing and dancing? Thanks!

Going on the Freedom this August. I was just wondering if anyone has any reviews of the shows: Once Upon A Time; Now You See It; and Marquee. Is there a plot in any of these shows, or are they just singing and dancing? Thanks!

I only saw Marquee and the Ice Show. The Ice Show was good the Marquee was pretty boring. I was only familiar with a few of the songs so it didn't hold my interest (and I like Broadway musicals).

"Marquee" will be that tribute show

Now You See It is a magic based production show with a former AGT contestant

Once Upon A Time is loosely based on fairy tales

A google video search on YouTube with 'Royal Caribbean" and the show name will give you a good overview on any RCI production show - possibly even some rehearsal footage from the ship or the Hollywood FL studios . . .

Next week sailing AOS for Baltic cruise - anyone know what entertainment is scheduled or any advice about ship or ports of call for this cruise? Any information greatly appreciated.

Send an email to [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse] for entertainment info.

Also, find your ship's sailing date and check in on your Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256

Once upon a time is a must see.. It's based on fairy tale characters but used in a Shrek/comical manner. The songs they use fit the storylines and it is an enjoyable show to see. If the singers are spot on, the show will be great.

Once upon a time is a must see.. It's based on fairy tale characters but used in a Shrek/comical manner. The songs they use fit the storylines and it is an enjoyable show to see. If the singers are spot on, the show will be great.

Thanks! It sounds like there was some sort of plot to this show--is that true? For some reason I have difficulty following shows that have no plot or dialogue and just consist of singing and dancing. I can't understand the significance of the songs without a plot, which really ruins it for me. (Not sure why--maybe I've just been spoiled by Broadway.)

How often does Freedom get new shows? We sailed the Freedom in 2010. I honestly can't remember what shows we saw. We're sailing again in a few weeks. Are these the same shows?

yep, they are the same shows.

i think i've read on here a few times that shows are only changed every 7 years due to the costs of producing them etc.

How often does Freedom get new shows? We sailed the Freedom in 2010. I honestly can't remember what shows we saw. We're sailing again in a few weeks. Are these the same shows?

Same production shows, different headlines.

Thanks! It sounds like there was some sort of plot to this show--is that true? For some reason I have difficulty following shows that have no plot or dialogue and just consist of singing and dancing. I can't understand the significance of the songs without a plot, which really ruins it for me. (Not sure why--maybe I've just been spoiled by Broadway.)

Yes, if you know the fairy tales...then you will get the show. Each part is broken into the storys of Cinderella, Pinocchio, Little Red riding hood, Rapunzel, and maybe one more. But all the songs in the show are very familiar and go along with the story line. Example for Cinderella it starts with her singing "All by myself" by Celine Dion. Another example is for Rapunzel they start off with song "hair" from the broadway musical.

I enjoyed all of them on our recent Freedom cruise. But my "not to be missed" show is Once Upon A Time. I thought it was one of the best productions I have seen on a cruise ship. Also, you didn't mention it, but don't miss the ice show either. I loved it! Have a wonderful cruise!

I enjoyed all of them on our recent Freedom cruise. But my "not to be missed" show is Once Upon A Time. I thought it was one of the best productions I have seen on a cruise ship. Also, you didn't mention it, but don't miss the ice show either. I loved it! Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks. Yes, we never miss the ice show!

Archived