MDR question...

Has anyone ever requested RCI to assign a particular waiter / waitress in advance of a cruise?

(BTW, I'm not asking how, just wondering if anyone else has done it. I appreciate there is a chance the particular waiter / waitress won't be working that week).

My first inclination is that it would be difficult. My understanding is that servers don't know their table assignments until a few hours before dinner. Tables have been assigned already. Perhaps it might be easier to talk to a headwaiter and change after the first night.

My first inclination is that it would be difficult. My understanding is that servers don't know their table assignments until a few hours before dinner. Tables have been assigned already. Perhaps it might be easier to talk to a headwaiter and change after the first night.

I don't particularly want to wait until after the first night to be honest. Surely the RCL knows who has booked on the MDR at least 2 or 3 days before the cruise, and surelu they know who is likely to be working that week. I know there are exceptions and changes, but surely best endeavours can be arranged?

I don't particularly want to wait until after the first night to be honest. Surely the RCL knows who has booked on the MDR at least 2 or 3 days before the cruise, and surelu they know who is likely to be working that week. I know there are exceptions and changes, but surely best endeavours can be arranged?

Just relaying what I have been told by management, that waiters and assistant waiters usually don't know their table assignments until a few hours before the first dinner. However, it could be different on your cruise, and it can't hurt to ask.

As was previously stated the wait staff do not know where they will be till a few hours beforehand. We ave been on B2B's and we could not keep the same servers.

Strange you should say that. When I was on my B2B last year, the waitress who served meon the first week knew she was serving a different area the following week. I asked the head waiter to make sure the same waitress served me the following week. A note was made on the system, and hey presto...

We did ask if a waiter we enjoyed having, was on board the first night of our cruise and if it would be possible to request him. They said the would look in to it.That night at dinner he walked up and said, it is you! glad you are back. I wondered why the gave me a different section this afternoon. We enjoyed talking to him every evening and catching up abut his family.

Archived