Diamonds in December, NOT this year!

Hi all, Just received this email, thought I would share it with everyone as I know a lot of people were waiting to hear...

It is with our deepest regret that we must inform you that the Crown & Anchor Society will not be hosting a December Celebration for the 2013 holiday season. In the past, this promotion served as a surprise appreciation to our top tier members. Here at Royal Caribbean International, we are always thinking of new ways to reward our most loyal guests. While we understand the disappointment this announcement may cause, we ask for your continued patience as we prepare new and exciting programs for the future.

Was really hoping...guess they will plan something else...

It's our fault, this is the first year we scheduled our usual Dec cruise in November instead:o:p

Seriously, lets look at the calendar-usually the first week of Dec is deadsville- but this year it's Thanksgiving weekend. That leaves only 1 week in December before the traditional " holiday" cruises start. Ill bet they are selling December well this year (including folks anticipating another D in D promotion:rolleyes:) and they don't "need" it to make numbers.

OP Post...

>>It is with our deepest regret that we must inform you that the Crown & Anchor Society will not be hosting a December Celebration for the 2013 holiday season. In the past, this promotion served as a surprise appreciation to our top tier members. Here at Royal Caribbean International, we are always thinking of new ways to reward our most loyal guests. While we understand the disappointment this announcement may cause, we ask for your continued patience as we prepare new and exciting programs for the future.<<

JS+ for more points. :eek:

I was looking forward for the Diamonds cabin door magnet this year.

I cannot believe that there won't be a DID Event this year. I have always enjoyed cruising in December to get away from the cold and snow, not to mention the Double and Triple points one gets for that Event.

I have not received any mailings either but do recall that they announce it in August.

Oh well....It is What It Is! :mad:

I did not receive an email so I just called Crown & Anchor to confirm this. It is TRUE. There is no Diamonds in December this year. They do not have any details on what the new event will be or when. I am disappointed, but I don't think we will cancel our cruise because of it.

Hi all, Just received this email, thought I would share it with everyone as I know a lot of people were waiting to hear...

It is with our deepest regret that we must inform you that the Crown & Anchor Society will not be hosting a December Celebration for the 2013 holiday season. In the past, this promotion served as a surprise appreciation to our top tier members. Here at Royal Caribbean International, we are always thinking of new ways to reward our most loyal guests. While we understand the disappointment this announcement may cause, we ask for your continued patience as we prepare new and exciting programs for the future.

Was really hoping...guess they will plan something else...

Who knows what they have in store. They might have DID for January! That seems to be a slow month too.

Somehow this announcement does sound sort of mickey mouse to me! "OUR DEEPEST REGRET"..........

Not implying Sandy Toes at all, but our infamous RCCL marketing department!

Who knows what they have in store. They might have DID for January! That seems to be a slow month too.

Somehow this announcement does sound sort of mickey mouse to me! "OUR DEEPEST REGRET"..........

Not implying Sandy Toes at all, but our infamous RCCL marketing department!

That would be good as we are booked on Freedom for Jan. 12, 2014

More reliable information is popping up out there that there will NOT be a Diamonds in December this year.

We are doing a Transatlantic in November. We then turn around an have a B2B2B (21-nights) scheduled in December. This will be a good year to stay home and enjoy the pre-Christmas activities for a change.

That would be good as we are booked on Freedom for Jan. 12, 2014

The problem is the huge number of guests that take advantage of this program....so postponing it to January or February would not solve their "problem".

Maybe they should change it to "Diamond Plus in December".:eek::D;)

I have read on another thread that some are hoping for something like they have had in the past...certain sailings here and there for C&A members of all levels offering additional points based on the level at booking and cabin category booked. That would probably be a better business strategy but not one I wanted...I will still sail Dec but now am thinking of jumping ship to Celebrity for the holiday. Will be back to Royal for the spring.

Won't effect us much since we have sailed in Dec way before they ever did D in D. It was "our" Christmas present to each other and didn't change the family plans for the holidays. Win-win. Was a wonderful perk while it lasted and we certainly have enjoyed the years it was available. All good things come to an end.....

:confused:

Wasn't that about all D I D got you?

Other than a fridge magnet.

Meeting a lot of other Diamond members was pretty nice. On the cruises we've been on, the pair on the Liberty during DID was easily the most D and D+ members we've encountered.

Got to compare notes on a lot of cruising. Not bad.

Not every reward has to be concrete.

We usually sail in December specifically for that promo, bummer. I'm sure that whatever the marketing team decides it will be for a time I can't do due to school. Oh well...guess that means I'll have to pony up for the JS or GS!

Archived