Diamonds in December, NOT this year!

I think it depends on the LA and how well that work whether you get it at one of the parties or not. We have had ours delivered to the room, given at the welcome back and also at the top tier. If we are suppose to get one we always let the LA know, just to make sure. I think they should give them at the parties it is a milestone and that way other people can see what is waiting for them if they stick with RCCL. It should mean something other than just a crystal block that you get as if it isn't anything at all. Make sure your returning customer feel important and that they mean something to the company.:D

[quote name='lovelife']Thanks. I called C&A and was told that in order to receive it I had to attend the welcome back party during the cruise I should have received it. I said I did not attend on that cruise, but wouldn't they have just delivered it to my cabin? She did not know. She took the particulars and said it would be given to me on my upcoming September cruise. I asked if they could just mail it and she said she did not know but would request it. She stated my DH would get one too. I knew better than that so I asked if she was sure, and she said yes! This will be interesting.[/QUOTE]

FOLLOW UP:

It has been over a month and we have not received anything. I e-mailed Crown & Anchor about it but have not received a response.

FOLLOW UP:

It has been over a month and we have not received anything. I e-mailed Crown & Anchor about it but have not received a response.

When we missed a block, I had to call C&A a couple of times before they finally sent the block.

As always when dealing with Royal you need to keep calling back, and each time you call you will get a different answer. LOL

BTW our block was delivered to our cabin on the 140 day during our last cruise.

Just got off phone with Royal after booking a cruise for next December (2014) She said this will be great for Diamonds in December. I said I read here that they were not having it this year. She said no formal announcement has been made that it is not happening this year.:confused:

Just got off phone with Royal after booking a cruise for next December (2014) She said this will be great for Diamonds in December. I said I read here that they were not having it this year. She said no formal announcement has been made that it is not happening this year.:confused:

Sounds like she didn't get the inter office memo yet.:p

For those that haven't seen it here is what Adam said on his Blog:

What is the status of this year’s Diamonds in December? I understand some people have received emails stating that it won’t be taking place. Is this true? – Jim T.

Thank you for reaching out, Jim. It is always nice to hear from our most loyal guests. This year we will not be hosting, “Diamonds in December” but we are always looking for new ways to reward and thank our Crown & Anchor Society members for their continued appreciation to our brand and to the cruising industry. Stay tuned for announcements about new and exciting promotions.

Link to blog: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/ask-adam-blog-series-june-2013-q-a/

That being said , there has been no formal announcement made that there would a Diamonds in December for 2013.

Thanks. I called C&A and was told that in order to receive it I had to attend the welcome back party during the cruise I should have received it. I said I did not attend on that cruise, but wouldn't they have just delivered it to my cabin? She did not know. She took the particulars and said it would be given to me on my upcoming September cruise. I asked if they could just mail it and she said she did not know but would request it. She stated my DH would get one too. I knew better than that so I asked if she was sure, and she said yes! This will be interesting.

FOLLOW UP:

Second Follow Up:

Five days after the second request to C&A I received a response apologizing that we did not receive our block on the Oasis and stating it would be shipped to us in six to eight weeks. Two days later it was on our doorstep -- shipped FedEx!! I must say I was very surprised as for some reason I was expecting a block about the size of a brick. I am very pleased it is so small. It makes a dandy paperweight. It was only by reading these boards that I discovered I was due a block. Thanks to all. :)

Second Follow Up:

Five days after the second request to C&A I received a response apologizing that we did not receive our block on the Oasis and stating it would be shipped to us in six to eight weeks. Two days later it was on our doorstep -- shipped FedEx!! I must say I was very surprised as for some reason I was expecting a block about the size of a brick. I am very pleased it is so small. It makes a dandy paperweight. It was only by reading these boards that I discovered I was due a block. Thanks to all. :)

Good that they came through for you. enjoy the Block.

But the point is, she is in charge of loyalty marketing. And then 4 days after she's hired this strange email goes out to so very few people saying there will not be a DID. Why send it to a few if not everyone?

I certainly don't think RCI should have been expected to make that decision last December. And I also don't think anyone should have expected it to even happen. But to send this email saying it's not going to happen to anyone and not to all is a bit odd.

And FOUR days after hiring a new person for "loyalty marketing"? What happened there?

Gina

I think the email's went out to the TA's , two TA's I know got them, I don't know of anyone else who did, one of them couldn't wait to tell me because she knows I always cruise in December. I'm going to go anyway because it's my birthday my wedding anniversary and I just enjoy it. I already have enough magnets on my refrigerator so it's not a big deal.

Archived