Diamonds in December, NOT this year!

You get your crystal block for your days at sea. At 140 and every 70 after that you get one. Whatever ship you are on at that time that's the block you get. I planned to be on the Explorer at 140 because of the memories. The loyalty ambassador has a list on the ship of who should be getting blocks.

Love To Cruise RCCL

[quote name='rakes5']Maybe they'll get enough complaints so they bring it back in Dec 2014 for my quantum cruise.[/quote]
Well then I'm in trouble again because we have already started canceling cruises in December 2014 and we had cabin 1100.:eek:

[quote name='CptSticky']Apparently I need to take lessons from you. I already have a Radiance block and the next two will be Radiance also.:o The DW isn't real happy about how it turned out, but I'm not going to cancel a cruise just for a block.[/quote]

CANCEL A CRUISE??? Heavens no!!! You just book another on a different ship in between your Radiance cruises and get your block on the new booking. ;):D

I'm actually going to end up with my first duplicate on Brilliance this Fall... a trade for a block of another ship I don't have may be in order.

[quote name='elleluv']CANCEL A CRUISE??? Heavens no!!! You just book another on a different ship in between your Radiance cruises and get your block on the new booking. ;):D

I'm actually going to end up with my first duplicate on Brilliance this Fall... a trade for a block of another ship I don't have may be in order.[/quote]
Well, that doesn't sort of work. You see, it seems that we are on the Radiance for 2 1/2 months:eek: So, not sure how I book another cruise in between.

[quote name='CptSticky']Well, that doesn't sort of work. You see, it seems that we are on the Radiance for 2 1/2 months:eek: So, not sure how I book another cruise in between.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine that with the amount of sailing you are doing, that Royal is not working behind the curtain and doing special things for you anyway.

I would love to try a 30 day sailing whether b2b or a single sailing or even b2b2b2b. We have sailed a number of 14-15 day sailing and hope to try one of those as a b2b.

What do you do after 30 days on a 75 day cruise? Guess you have a routine if sailing are to same/similar ports for each sailing.

[quote name='shipshape sam']I can't imagine that with the amount of sailing you are doing, that Royal is not working behind the curtain and doing special things for you anyway.

I would love to try a 30 day sailing whether b2b or a single sailing or even b2b2b2b. We have sailed a number of 14-15 day sailing and hope to try one of those as a b2b.

What do you do after 30 days on a 75 day cruise? Guess you have a routine if sailing are to same/similar ports for each sailing.[/quote]
We did the same itinerary as Clint is doing when Radiance first went over to Australia in 2011. We did a b2b2b which amounted to 51 days. Friends that started in Vancouver had a total of 62 days. Nothing special was done for anyone.

[quote name='cruisenfever']We did the same itinerary as Clint is doing when Radiance first went over to Australia in 2011. We did a b2b2b which amounted to 51 days. Friends that started in Vancouver had a total of 62 days. Nothing special was done for anyone.[/QUOTE]

When we did B2B2B on SR we were given coupons I've never seen on any other ship. It was because of the 3rd leg and that was stated on the letter. We got free - not reduced - long distance calls from the room phone, free drinks, and even a pets at sea - each of us got separate coupons. There were other things, some of which we already had in the D+/PC booklet like free laundry an dmore which I can't recall. But that would be nice for those who didn't get the C&A coupons since all of it was given to anyone who was on a 3rd cruise in a row no matter the C&A level.

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']When we did B2B2B on SR we were given coupons I've never seen on any other ship. It was because of the 3rd leg and that was stated on the letter. We got free - not reduced - long distance calls from the room phone, free drinks, and even a pets at sea - each of us got separate coupons. There were other things, some of which we already had in the D+/PC booklet like free laundry an dmore which I can't recall. But that would be nice for those who didn't get the C&A coupons since all of it was given to anyone who was on a 3rd cruise in a row no matter the C&A level.

Gina[/quote]
We did 5 on Monarch years ago and got nothing. I don't even remember any kind of recognition or anything. Just new cards each cruise. As for the upcoming, well I expect that we will get to know the crew pretty well and I just hope that they don't put my name on the work schedule:p

[quote name='lovetocruiserccl']You get your crystal block for your days at sea. At 140 and every 70 after that you get one. Whatever ship you are on at that time that's the block you get. I planned to be on the Explorer at 140 because of the memories. The loyalty ambassador has a list on the ship of who should be getting blocks.

Love To Cruise RCCL[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm. We reached 140 days cruise before last (now have 149) but have not received one of these blocks! :confused:

[quote name='CptSticky']We did 5 on Monarch years ago and got nothing. I don't even remember any kind of recognition or anything. Just new cards each cruise. As for the upcoming, well I expect that we will get to know the crew pretty well and I just hope that they don't put my name on the work schedule:p[/QUOTE]

It probably depends on the ship and itinerary. Monarch has been all short cruises for a while so 5 cruises probably didn't add up much. The last 3 SR cruises before dry dock came to 34 days. Although it sounds like RD doesn't offer anything special to long term cruisers either.

I do love my pets at sea. :)

[quote name='lovelife']Hmmmmmm. We reached 140 days cruise before last (now have 149) but have not received one of these blocks! :confused:[/QUOTE]I never got a block, none @140 Missed the one at 210 due the point conversion. I'm almost @280 maybe I'll get one but no big deal if I don't.

[quote name='lovelife']Hmmmmmm. We reached 140 days cruise before last (now have 149) but have not received one of these blocks! :confused:[/quote]
Shoot C&A an email with all the particulars, they'll send you one for the ship you crossed the 140 mark. Everyone that I have received I had to do it that way. I should have received one for a December trip on the Indy, I just sent them an email in January. They responded quickly but said the blocks were on order and they would send it along as soon as they came in. Received it about 4 weeks ago:).

[quote name='BillB48']Shoot C&A an email with all the particulars, they'll send you one for the ship you crossed the 140 mark. Everyone that I have received I had to do it that way. I should have received one for a December trip on the Indy, I just sent them an email in January. They responded quickly but said the blocks were on order and they would send it along as soon as they came in. Received it about 4 weeks ago:).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I called C&A and was told that in order to receive it I had to attend the welcome back party during the cruise I should have received it. I said I did not attend on that cruise, but wouldn't they have just delivered it to my cabin? She did not know. She took the particulars and said it would be given to me on my upcoming September cruise. I asked if they could just mail it and she said she did not know but would request it. She stated my DH would get one too. I knew better than that so I asked if she was sure, and she said yes! This will be interesting.

[quote name='lovelife']Thanks. I called C&A and was told that in order to receive it I had to attend the welcome back party during the cruise I should have received it. I said I did not attend on that cruise, but wouldn't they have just delivered it to my cabin? She did not know. She took the particulars and said it would be given to me on my upcoming September cruise. I asked if they could just mail it and she said she did not know but would request it. She stated my DH would get one too. I knew better than that so I asked if she was sure, and she said yes! This will be interesting.[/quote]

Hmmmm, that does sound like a different delivery method, but I have heard of people having placed in their cabin. As for me, I have received three and every one I had to go the email route after I returned, never receive them on board . I attended all the welcome back parties too!

[quote name='lovelife']Thanks. I called C&A and was told that in order to receive it I had to attend the welcome back party during the cruise I should have received it. I said I did not attend on that cruise, but wouldn't they have just delivered it to my cabin? She did not know. She took the particulars and said it would be given to me on my upcoming September cruise. I asked if they could just mail it and she said she did not know but would request it. She stated my DH would get one too. I knew better than that so I asked if she was sure, and she said yes! This will be interesting.[/quote]

I've only seen them given out at the top tier event, not the welcome back party. Most of the time, we go by the LA's desk and remind him/her that we're due. We haven't missed one yet.:)

[quote name='critterchick']I've only seen them given out at the top tier event, not the welcome back party. Most of the time, [COLOR=Red]we go by the LA's desk and remind him/her that we're due[/COLOR]. We haven't missed one yet.:)[/quote]
The best idea.:)

[quote name='critterchick']I've only seen them given out at the top tier event, not the welcome back party. Most of the time, we go by the LA's desk and remind him/her that we're due. We haven't missed one yet.:)[/quote]

That's been our experience as well. We usually do both parties, and we've only seen them given out at the Top Tier party.

That's not acurate information (big surprise)... we have 8 of the blocks at this point and all of them have been delivered to our cabin... we haven't had any of them given to us at the party.

We do follow up with the LA on board at the beginning of the cruise to make sure we are on the list to receive a block... there have been a couple of times when we haven't been...

[quote name='shipshape sam']I would take a few free drinks vs a block. DW would like to negotiate the # of free drinks though. :)[/quote]

I'm with you. Drink coupons we can use at any bar any time. Save the block money which have to cost them more.

We have a block coming that the LA missed giving us on the ship. I was going email C & A to get it but my wife told me not to bother -- "...something else to dust." Anybody want me to get it and mail it to them?

[quote name='fredmdcruisers']I'm with you. Drink coupons we can use at any bar any time. Save the block money which have to cost them more.

We have a block coming that the LA missed giving us on the ship. I was going email C & A to get it but my wife told me not to bother -- "...something else to dust." Anybody want me to get it and mail it to them?[/QUOTE]
Well . . . . . If you're offering - yes !!!!! Lol

Archived