Diamonds in December, NOT this year!

Well....did any one else receive this email? One person????? Questionable???

Love To Cruise RCCL

Not questionable. Call Crown and Anchor at 800-526-9723. I did.

Sent from my DROID3 using Forums mobile app

They also give a block on the last sailing of a ship. They start at the top and work down until they run out.

Yes they do. :) But that is an entirely different scenario than earning one by points and receiving it on the ship that those points were earned opposed to just getting one because of the number of times one has cruised on a specific ship.

Well....did any one else receive this email? One person????? Questionable???

Love To Cruise RCCL

More than one.........here's what I got(and yes,it was because I contacted them to ask--It did not come out of the blue)

Part of the email:

"

It is with our deepest regret that we must inform you that the Crown & Anchor Society will not be hosting a December Celebration for the 2013 holiday season. In the past, this promotion served as a surprise appreciation to our top tier members. Here at Royal Caribbean International, we are always thinking of new ways to reward our most loyal guests. While we understand the disappointment this announcement may cause, we ask for your continued patience as we prepare new and exciting programs for the future. We are constantly creating the most beneficial promotions for our Crown & Anchor Society members and would always encourage you to book as soon as possible to ensure that you would receive the best price and offer."

So what you are saying is they gave you a Crystal Block on Explorer just because of the number of times you've cruised on her and not because you actually earned it on one of those cruises?

Looking at her signature,looks like she has been on the EX 6 times....really not that many times.........I'm sure you(like myself) have been on a particular ship more than that......I was on the SS and MN almost 20 times........only time I got a block was for hitting the magic number or for the last sailing.....

Now I feel scammed. So I was suppose to receive a block at 70? Because I did not. I recently found out I was suppose to get "another one" I guess at 140. Which was when I was on majesty. When I booked my quantum cruise recently on jewel the loyalty ambassador looked at my profile and said oh how's the majesty crystal? I had no clue what he meant. He brought up the crystal block ships. I said I had heard of them but that was about it. He said the LA on majesty should have given it to me but must have been sleeping. He assured me I would have a jewel block in my room later that night. Not only did he send me one he sent me a second for my gf. Who also is 140+. We saw him later to thank him and he explained that normally its one block to a house hold. He said even though we live together and have cruised together in recent years, for the most part we had earned our points seperatly. Where's as the rule was set in place so a family of say 6 couldn't come along asking for 6 blocks. Wouldn't be cost efficient. He never mentioned anything about my 70 block either.

Now I feel scammed. So I was suppose to receive a block at 70? Because I did not. I recently found out I was suppose to get "another one" I guess at 140. Which was when I was on majesty. When I booked my quantum cruise recently on jewel the loyalty ambassador looked at my profile and said oh how's the majesty crystal? I had no clue what he meant. He brought up the crystal block ships. I said I had heard of them but that was about it. He said the LA on majesty should have given it to me but must have been sleeping. He assured me I would have a jewel block in my room later that night. Not only did he send me one he sent me a second for my gf. Who also is 140+. We saw him later to thank him and he explained that normally its one block to a house hold. He said even though we live together and have cruised together in recent years, for the most part we had earned our points seperatly. Where's as the rule was set in place so a family of say 6 couldn't come along asking for 6 blocks. Wouldn't be cost efficient. He never mentioned anything about my 70 block either.

Doesn't usually work that way........I have cruised with and without my husband and we never got two blocks........maybe you and your gf don't have your C&A status linked???

Doesn't usually work that way........I have cruised with and without my husband and we never got two blocks........maybe you and your gf don't have your C&A status linked???

So can I check please . . . Should people get a block at 70 cruise nights?

Must be the case. I know we have never done anything to connect them. We do have the same address.

I'm wondering the same? Ill figure out what ship I was on and go sail it again and get my block.

In the beginning,the blocks were only given out starting at 140(unless you were on the EN--for some strange reason:rolleyes:,they gave them out at 70 on there)......

The rule changed and they started giving them out at 70.......but I'm pretty sure it is not retroactive....

I'm sure someone can let you know when they changed the number required..

Must be the case. I know we have never done anything to connect them. We do have the same address.

It may not be automatically done,but you can call C&A and ask them to do so....

I thought you had to be really up there in nights to get a block. I think we may have hit 70 during the first week of our B2B on Oasis (we were in a JS and definitely D after that cruise).

Explorer was our first cruise as Diamond. We got our Diamond pins (one each) and the DiD pins (no magnets), and a couple of surprise plates (choc. strawberries and pastries) during the 10-day cruise.

Been on HAL (once, no way again) and Princess (maybe again). Definitely want to try X. Have no desire to try NCL. We were really looking forward to Breakaway, but now that we've seen photos, have no desire to sail on her now, either.

We were considering a cruise for December, but now may go to Disney World -- and not because of no DiD. We just haven't been there in a while.

Guess there are those that just like to let everyone know how important it is to them.:)

Apparently, it's also important for some people to let everyone know what's not important to them. How exactly does one mount a high horse?:rolleyes:

You aren't supposed to get your first block at 70... the first one is supposed to be given at 140 credits and then every 70 credits thereafter... From the RCCL website:

4 A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter.

Used to be that you didn't get your first one until your 30th cruise (about 210 credits using the current method of assigning points)... they didn't provide them at 20 cruises (140 credits) when we hit that milestone.

In the beginning,the blocks were only given out starting at 140(unless you were on the EN--for some strange reason:rolleyes:,they gave them out at 70 on there)......

The rule changed and they started giving them out at 70.......but I'm pretty sure it is not retroactive....

I'm sure someone can let you know when they changed the number required..

Actually, in the beginning the blocks were given out starting at 30 cruise credits, or 210 points. You're right that Enchantment was handing them out early, but it was at 20 cruise credits, or 140 points. At some point before the change to points in 2011, they started handing them out at 20 cruise credits.

So what you are saying is they gave you a Crystal Block on Explorer just because of the number of times you've cruised on her and not because you actually earned it on one of those cruises?:confused:

For what it's worth, Patti, when I read all her posts I didn't take it this way... she said in her first post that she got her 140 credit milestone gift on Explorer.

I thought it sounded as though she was just saying she was happy that she got it on that ship because it was special to her. As someone who has planned her cruises out so that I don't duplicate blocks, I can certainly understand that sentiment. ;):)

[quote name='clarea']Actually, in the beginning the blocks were given out starting at 30 cruise credits, or 210 points. You're right that Enchantment was handing them out early, but it was at 20 cruise credits, or 140 points. At some point before the change to points in 2011, they started handing them out at 20 cruise credits.[/quote]
You're right...........I'm confusing myself with all these numbers:o

I was coming back to correct it,but you beat me to it....:) can i offer you one of my duplicate blocks as redemption?;)

[quote name='PH8']You're right...........I'm confusing myself with all these numbers:o

I was coming back to correct it,but you beat me to it....:) can i offer you one of my duplicate blocks as redemption?;)[/quote]
Thank-you, but I already have a couple of duplicate blocks. However, you can buy me a drink on a cruise sometime.:)

[quote name='ticktoneer']So can I check please . . . Should people get a block at 70 cruise nights?[/quote]
No, you will receive your first block at 140 cruise points. From the C&A Section of the RCI website under Member's Benefits Footnote #4..
[FONT=Book Antiqua]
[SIZE=3]"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter".
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='elleluv']For what it's worth, Patti, when I read all her posts I didn't take it this way... she said in her first post that she got her 140 credit milestone gift on Explorer.

I thought it sounded as though she was just saying she was happy that she got it on that ship because it was special to her. As someone who has planned her cruises out so that I don't duplicate blocks, I can certainly understand that sentiment. ;):)[/quote]
Thanks Ellen, I didn't see her first post. :o My apologies.

[quote name='clarea']Thank-you, but I already have a couple of duplicate blocks. However, you can buy me a drink on a cruise sometime.:)[/quote] Hey maybe we can swap??:)

if not,as the song says "See you in September":D:D

[quote name='cruisenfever']No, you will receive your first block at 140 cruise points. From the C&A Section of the RCI website under Member's Benefits Footnote #4..
[FONT=Book Antiqua]
[SIZE=3]"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter".
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE] We got our block at 140 but have not gotten them at 210 & 280. We are due for 350 when we sail on FR on Jan. 12. Wonder if we can get one on EN to make up for the two we have missed.

[quote name='elleluv']For what it's worth, Patti, when I read all her posts I didn't take it this way... she said in her first post that she got her 140 credit milestone gift on Explorer.

I thought it sounded as though she was just saying she was happy that she got it on that ship because it was special to her. As someone who has planned her cruises out so that I don't duplicate blocks, I can certainly understand that sentiment. ;):)[/quote]
Apparently I need to take lessons from you. I already have a Radiance block and the next two will be Radiance also.:o The DW isn't real happy about how it turned out, but I'm not going to cancel a cruise just for a block.

[quote name='SherriZ366']We got our block at 140 but have not gotten them at 210 & 280. We are due for 350 when we sail on FR on Jan. 12. Wonder if we can get one on EN to make up for the two we have missed.[/quote]
It's probably better to contact C&A and request your missing blocks. We missed one on Radiance because they were out of stock. We called C&A and they shipped us one a couple of months later.

[quote name='CptSticky']Apparently I need to take lessons from you. I already have a Radiance block and the next two will be Radiance also.:o The DW isn't real happy about how it turned out, but I'm not going to cancel a cruise just for a block.[/QUOTE]

Clint- I have a duplicate Freedom but am looking for a Radiance or Jewel. Maybe we can trade when you get your next block. Anything to make your wife happy, right?

Marci

Archived