On Board Credit question

Noxequifans

Last year we got two upsells to an Oceania suite on a cruise that was obviously hard to fill. Also we got on board credits of $800 .. some of this was from the network that our TA was a member of. This year we booked the same suite and there were no credits. This cruise was fully booked.

My question is whether I should look for a new TA or is my experience generally what happens when a particular sailing is very popular and actually overbooked.

Thank you for any enlightenment.

Gene

HOw full the ship is has nothing to do with what your TA gives you in the way of OBCs. Especially if you book an Oceania suite he/she should be generous.

the agent is getting the same $$$$$ comission as before, only this time he keeping it for himself

the agent is getting the same $$$$$ comission as before, only this time he keeping it for himself

The OP did say that at least some of the previous OBC came from the 'network' that TA is part of. That booking might have part of group booking by the agency so had some additional money to spread around.

• 2 weeks later...
You should note that Oceania will not reroute your booking to another agent after 30 days. You might not be able to change on a sold out cruise as there are waitlists.

Is this 30-day rule if you initially book with Oceania and then want to move the booking, or is it moving the booking from one travel agency to another travel agency?

OP is with a TA, not booked through Oceania directly.

I think the OBC depends on the current Oceania promotions; For example, I had to select between prepaid tips and the American Express platnium credit. The prepaid tips via my TA actually comes from my TA doing a group on the OC cruise - but is via Oceania. The Amex Credit actually also comes from Oceania so I can only have one of the credits.

They just had a promotion called Your World Your Way. Maybe you booked a similar promotion last year and the cruise proved to be popular that it was not offered for the sailing this time around. i wouldn't blame it on the TA but more on Oceania's promotions and contracts with the various agents, consortium, and law of supply and demand

Is this 30-day rule if you initially book with Oceania and then want to move the booking, or is it moving the booking from one travel agency to another travel agency?

OP is with a TA, not booked through Oceania directly.

I think it is for both reasons

Moving from one TA to another after 30 days the original TA will still get the commission... 2nd TA gets nada

So maybe the 2nd TA would not be willing to include any perks ;)

I would confirm with Oceania though

Lyn

Archived