Administration Fee

hypercafe

If you notice the same few people answer every post, only a small percent of the people on the ships. The atmosphere on the ship was very nice all around. However this is a tame board compared to some. Try saying something bad about HAL on that board!! This is your first Oceania trip?, you will love it. Take this with a grain of salt.

If you notice the same few people answer every post, only a small percent of the people on the ships. The atmosphere on the ship was very nice all around. However this is a tame board compared to some. Try saying something bad about HAL on that board!! This is your first Oceania trip?, you will love it. Take this with a grain of salt.

Prompted by your post, I just spent a bit of time on the HAL board for the first time. I've never had occasion to before, since so far I've only sailed Regent/Radisson, but have Oceania and the Paul Gauguin under their new management booked. So I'm broadening my horizons.

I saw about the same fraction of posts over there with some semblance of sanity and thought as I've been seeing here and on the Regent and PG boards: pitifully low. The remainder of the posts both here and there are the same high-school sophomoric screeching matches with which we are all too familiar.

Your advice to newbies is right on: there are many lovely cruises on many great cruise lines, despite the squawking and mewling one sees on the boards. Enjoy!

Atlantic cruiser: I think you will thoroughly enjoy cruising on O. It is rare to meet a passenger that is rude, but if you do you just move on and think "thank heavens I don't live with him/her." On the O boards... just think the same!

I do protest one thing you said, however--please don't insult the kindergartners--they are awesome little people!

Just booked my first Oceania cruise and have been scanning the different threads. I am shocked at how hostile, rude and inconsiderate so many of the posts on the Oceania board are. I sure hope this is not the atmosphere aboard the ship! I have rarely noted such smug, "all knowing" comments. Think some people need to chill and reflect with graditude that they are so fortunate instead of jumping on one another. Sounds like kindergarten to me!!!

Quite frankly I fail to see what you are referring to. Would you mind pointing some of these out. While at times people disagree I've yet to see what you are alluding to. Why create problems where there aren't none? :confused:

For the most part this seems to be one of the tamer boards I'm on here on CC.

I've yet to see personal attacks here.

Quite frankly I fail to see what you are referring to. Would you mind pointing some of these out. While at times people disagree I've yet to see what you are alluding to. Why create problems where there aren't none? :confused:

For the most part this seems to be one of the tamer boards I'm on here on CC.

I've yet to see personal attacks here.

+1

I wondered what they were reading

What about when someone gets sick? We had to cancel Montreal to Miami because my husband was in the hospital. The fee didn't kick in at that time, but what about people who have a legitimate cause to cancel, do they have to pay a fee too?

What about when someone gets sick? We had to cancel Montreal to Miami because my husband was in the hospital. The fee didn't kick in at that time, but what about people who have a legitimate cause to cancel, do they have to pay a fee too?

I think it depends on when you cancel

Is it within the time frame that the fee kicks in or within the penalty phase then your insurance should cover you for medical issues

We canceled the day before our cruise ...we did not get any refund back from the cruise line do you think we should have :confused:

That is why we buy insurance

Lyn

Appreciate all the support for this policy.

Some have suggested a more meaningful penalty to discourage the "multiple booking but i'll cancel one of them practice" - should the penalty be 10% rather than $100?

FDR

At least 10% if not 15% :cool:

Obviously those of you who like the idea of the cancellation fees don't have to rely on the approval of someone else regarding your vacation. We are going to have a problem with any itinerary we want to book during the month of September when I think some new itineraries come out. The senior manager where my husband works will be going on vacation for the entire month of September, and since we cannot know what she will approve when she returns, it seems like there's no point to booking at all.

Obviously those of you who like the idea of the cancellation fees don't have to rely on the approval of someone else regarding your vacation. We are going to have a problem with any itinerary we want to book during the month of September when I think some new itineraries come out. The senior manager where my husband works will be going on vacation for the entire month of September, and since we cannot know what she will approve when she returns, it seems like there's no point to booking at all.

The cancellation fee does not start on day one

It may be that way in the U.K. but that has more to do their system there than the cruise line

The fee & the time frame for when it comes into effect is clearly spelled out in the terms & conditions

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/legal/termsconditions.aspx

It is only a surprise for those who do not read the T & C's

Archived