Upgrade on Navigator in November 2013

Would you upgrade from an inside to a balcony for $150 per person on a 7 day med cruise in November on Navigator?

Reason I am hesitant is that its a 7 day port intensive cruise so unlikely to spend a lot of time in the room and the weather is not likely to be great.

What do you think?

Thanks

I guess it would depend on the ports. I've read here many times that cruising into or out of Venice is an incredible sight. If I had the chance to see that from my balcony, I wouldn't want to miss it.

I guess it would depend on the ports. I've read here many times that cruising into or out of Venice is an incredible sight. If I had the chance to see that from my balcony, I wouldn't want to miss it.

Thanks - good point to consider.

The ports are

Rome

Naples (Capri)

Valletta (Malta)

Sardinia (Italy)

Mallorca (Spain)

Valencia (Spain)

Barcelona

Would you upgrade from an inside to a balcony for $150 per person on a 7 day med cruise in November on Navigator?

Reason I am hesitant is that its a 7 day port intensive cruise so unlikely to spend a lot of time in the room and the weather is not likely to be great.

What do you think?

Thanks

No doubt about it! Do it!. It is so incredible to be over in Europe to watch us pull into port from our own balcony very early in the am. I can remember sometimes being very cold with a RCCL robe standing on the balcony. Just to know what the weather is like before you get off the ship for your wonderful day is a bonus.

No doubt about it! Do it!. It is so incredible to be over in Europe to watch us pull into port from our own balcony very early in the am. I can remember sometimes being very cold with a RCCL robe standing on the balcony. Just to know what the weather is like before you get off the ship for your wonderful day is a bonus.

You're convincing me ! Ha ha ha !

It'll be a downer cos' we'll then have to move to an inside for the Transatlantic unless the prices come down. Lol

Thanks - good point to consider.

The ports are

Rome

Naples (Capri)

Valletta (Malta)

Sardinia (Italy)

Mallorca (Spain)

Valencia (Spain)

Barcelona

I believe that the port of Naples is right in the city, so that might be a nice view from a balcony. I don't know about the other ports, but for $300 total, I'd do the upgrade.

It'll be a downer cos' we'll then have to move to an inside for the Transatlantic unless the prices come down. Lol

Yes and we are on both with you!

For the TA the last thing you need is a balcony...........it's water, water, water..............that's all you see!

I'm in the minority here, but having done a 7 night Med (port intensive) cruise like yours followed by a transatlantic, I'd keep the 7 night inside cabin and see if you can upgrade to a balcony on the transatlantic.

You will be so pooped by sightseeing 6 days out of the 7, you'll not get any use out of the balcony (in my opinion) but you will have lots of leisure time to use the balcony during the TA.

BTW, just because you have a balcony doesn't mean your cabin will be facing the port during the 7 day cruise or the port could be industrial and nothing to look at anyway.

That's what we did. 7 night Med inside - Then TransAtlantic in a balcony.

What do you think?

Thanks

Are you on the cruise with us, November 3rd? Looking at our schedule, I'd say it's worth it to upgrade. The weather will be just fine, probably in the 60s-70s F. Very comfortable and nice to be out on a balcony. I'd keep a close eye on prices myself. We're still not up to final payment and maybe you could do even better than $150 pp. I've been keeping an eagle eye on balcony and suite prices and there's been a price rise, probably because we're coming up to the 4th of July holiday.

Archived