Bring champagne onboard?

I was wondering if you can bring special champagne on board the Allure. I really only like one kind and I am sure I do not want to pay the price they will charge for Dom if they even carry it on the ship. If anybody has knowledge of this please let me know. Thank you

I was wondering if you can bring special champagne on board the Allure. I really only like one kind and I am sure I do not want to pay the price they will charge for Dom if they even carry it on the ship. If anybody has knowledge of this please let me know. Thank you

Champagne is wine and you are allowed 2 bottles per state room. 750ML each.

Okay I love champagne and I wonder where to put it? in the case/luggages or backpack or handluggage?

Scottishwee35

Carry it on. If you put it in checked luggage you will likely need to visit the naughty room to prove it is only wine.

Yes you can. I brought a good one to celebrate my daughter's college graduation. No problem.

As long as it is wine (champagne) you can bring 2 bottles on board.

Is there corkage on bringing wine aboard?

Only if you bring the bottle to a restaurant or bar. However, if you fill some glasses with your champagne, you can bring those anywhere without charges.

Wow I didn't know that :) there's so many threads here about smuggling the booze on, I assumed wine was included in that.

Delighted to know I can take along a bottle for the balcony when my daughter has an early night :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Dammit, I didn't know!!!. Next time I will bring some Malbec :D

I'm sure they will charge you a corkage fee for the MDR right? anyways, I brought 20 Malbec from my last trip to Argentina (my family lives there), I had more option and they are sulfites free ;)

Dammit, I didn't know!!!. Next time I will bring some Malbec :D

I'm sure they will charge you a corkage fee for the MDR right? anyways, I brought 20 Malbec from my last trip to Argentina (my family lives there), I had more option and they are sulfites free ;)

Yes, each bottle you bring to the MDR (or other restaurant or bar) may be charged a $25 fee.

Ok now I'm just being pedantic but if I get a bottle of wine in port, can I bring it on ? (And I don't mean smuggle it on)

Royal only allows the two bottles of wine to be brought on board and kept in your stateroom on initial embarkation.

You can bring other alcohol on board at your ports, but they will hold it until the end of the cruise.

• 1 year later...
That's incorrect. Your allowed 1 bottle of Champagne or 2 bottle of Wine.

From Royal's FAQ/Onboard Policies page:

"Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing."

Edited by SuzD123

And for those who don't realise the original question was a few years ago, the corkage fee for the MDR has been done away with, so you can bring your wine bottle to dinner if you like.