Free Luggage Totes

Yes - one in the drawing, and 2 as gifts when DH and I were Mr. & Mrs. ****DA (not at the same time). They are great.

I think you meant "Fill" out, the comment card :D

Because they are nylon they do take a beating. I've noticed some small holes in the one I use. Mind you, I don't use it on the plane, only when travelling in the car.

KK, That is a Great Question, I know I certainly have never won it and would love to actually win it myself. I really would like to hear if anyone on the boards haswon it.

Susan, the drawing is suppose to be of those that have fill out their survey at the end of the cruise and turned it in. They are suppose to draw a name out of all the surveys. When do they supposedly do this? And if it is after everyone has disembarked do they send it to them?

Guess I've had my head in the sand. I never heard of HAL doing this. I know Princess does ... but I don't recall ever hearing about this on a HAL cruise. They always talk about getting your forms in with lots of 9s ... but nothing about a prize drawing.

Guess I've had my head in the sand. I never heard of HAL doing this. I know Princess does ... but I don't recall ever hearing about this on a HAL cruise. They always talk about getting your forms in with lots of 9s ... but nothing about a prize drawing.

Jim, they have done this on all my HAL cruises. I was hoping my last two cruises that turning into the conciere in the Neptune would be better luck:o It was not.

Gee, do you think I could get lucky on the Maasdam:D

You know we have cruised many, many times on HAL and we have never won one either. In fact very rarely do we hear suite numbers being called. And that is done on the morning of disembarkation.

Some ships don't call out the cabin numbers - they deliver them to your cabin the last evening of the cruise since all comment cards who wish to enter must have dropped them in the box before 6 PM - usual time on most ships.

We've won one from the drawing and always bring it with us to use to pack things we've accumulated during our cruise. It packs flat and small in our suitcase on the way to the ship.

However.......seems that is another thing that is 'no more' on HAL. At least, it is no longer done on Maasdam. I noticed there was no mention made about the bags when the CD requested we complete the comment sheets. When I saw him later, I asked if he 'forgot' to mention them and he said "No", he didn't forget. He said they don't give them anymore.

I made a note to myself to comment here on the Board about it but then I saw this thread.

The bags are still available for sale in the gift shop and well worth the money IMO but it is sad to find the chance to win one has disappeared (from Maasdam).

Sometimes we read a post and wonder when the person last cruised. Well we sure know this was recent information. s.

Oh yes, Susan. :)

This is current information as of yesterday at just about this time.

The Captain himself, during his 'comments from the bridge' requested we complete the comment sheets and turn them in but never made mention we would have a chance to win a travel bag.

CD did his Disembarkation Talk and it played over and over on the TV (as always) and on neither week did he mention the bags as he formerly did.

Yes, I won my luggage tote on the Maasdam in November 2002. They announced that if we returned our questionnaire surveys by 6:00 on a certain night our names would be drawn and someone would win the tote. It is such a nice one and folds flat as Sail mentioned. We use it constantly because it's quite huge and very lightweight.

First time I ever won anything! That's a lie ... I won $41 at Bingo once. We were having breakfast in the Lido the last morning and when I heard my name over the loudspeaker to come to the CD's office I thought I'd done something wrong! I had not spoken too highly of the CD on the survey and I was afraid he wanted to have a little "chat" with me:o . I was shaking in my boots:D .

Yes, I did win one. We were in a suite on the Rotterdam. I remember it because I actually won 2 random drawings that cruise. The other was the US Customs drawing. It was fortunate, though. I found out I did not have to declare my Lladro purchases.

Linda :)

lougee1043

The free bag that was delivered to your cabin - and not on the final night - is the customary canvas tote bag that is delivered to each cabin - one per cabin - no matter whether you are veterian HAL cruiser or not.

The one I was talking about is the Blue HAL luggage tote bag.

Yes, you can always purchase them in the gift shop.

But I was just wondering how many cc'ers ever got a free one. Being as we have cruised many, many times on HAL and DH was a MR. ---"dam" ship once and we never ever got one.

They were still being given away on our May cruises on the Zuiderdam, but as sail7seas said - no longer on the Maasdam - and she just got off the ship today.

If I remember correctly, the totes were still given as prizes that last morning on the Westerdam last December. Also, it seems like there was one awarded to someone on each deck, as I remember it struck me as amazing that random drawings would produce one winner for each cabin group. 032, 157, 221 for example, or something like that.

I did win a cute little one person Rosenthal china teapot in the satisfaction questionnaire drawing at the end of our second cruise. I still use it and it evokes lovely memories

Archived