Virtual Balconies

Virtual balconies with virtual views of the open sea...will they pipe in virtual sounds of the water as the ship cuts through the waves??

next, we can all go to Vegas or Disney, and they can turn hotel resorts into virtual ships and you can pretend you're on a cruise....and never step outside...

I'm being punchy, but this is why I don't like all the whistles and bells...I'd rather go on a real cruise.

I'm with you. I do not care for an inside, but I guess if that is all you could get, it might be a plus.

Virtual balconies with virtual views of the open sea...will they pipe in virtual sounds of the water as the ship cuts through the waves??

next, we can all go to Vegas or Disney, and they can turn hotel resorts into virtual ships and you can pretend you're on a cruise....and never step outside...

I'm being punchy, but this is why I don't like all the whistles and bells...I'd rather go on a real cruise.

Just close the drapes.

I kind of like the idea... I booked one! I don't care if I'm interior or exterior. To me the "real cruise" is what it's about, not the room, so I'll save some cash instead of coughing up for a balcony and check out the new feature. If there were cheaper interior rooms w/o this feature I may have gone that route.

The biggest complaint I've heard about interior rooms from friends is that they want some type of natural light. Ok, granted, this isn't natural light, but it will make a way more awesome nightlight :)

Judy

Its absolutely brilliant in my opinion, I can't believe this wasn't done a long time ago. It will make inside cabins more sought after, more enjoyable and not a stale dark box like living in a cave. This is just a stroke of genius. It also makes the room look bigger, and more importantly, brighter. Great idea RCCL, just great.

I agree you said it all. :)

We have booked a 'Virtual Balcony' room for our 3rd Jan 2015 Quantum cruise only to save a few dollars after having just disembarked a B2B on the Oasis. We think its a really neat idea, how can you knock something if you have never seen it or tried it? (Let the flaming begin!)

We booked the April 12th cruise on QOS and I noticed when I booked that the "spread" in price between an inside and a balcony was a lot less than I usually see on other ships. Being a bit cynical, I suspect the virtual balconies will allow them to charge more for an inside.

We booked the April 12th cruise on QOS and I noticed when I booked that the "spread" in price between an inside and a balcony was a lot less than I usually see on other ships. Being a bit cynical, I suspect the virtual balconies will allow them to charge more for an inside.

No kidding! We are going on that cruise with you and we were going to book an inside to save money. However when we were booking, the total cost between an obstructed view balcony and an inside was only $200 - a lot less of a difference than you usually see. To me it was a no-brainer as we prefer a balcony and we don't care about the obstructed view.

I totally love this. I would never consider booking an interior room... or at least, that's how I felt until I saw this. While I'd still prefer a balcony, it seems like a kinda cool way to save a little money while at the same time getting the 'feel" of a balcony. I'd totally book one! Love even more that they actually have solo cabins with virtual balconies! I tried to book one for April 2015, but they're sold out.

Richard/Tralfie

I totally love this. I would never consider booking an interior room... or at least, that's how I felt until I saw this. While I'd still prefer a balcony, it seems like a kinda cool way to save a little money while at the same time getting the 'feel" of a balcony. I'd totally book one! Love even more that they actually have solo cabins with virtual balconies! I tried to book one for April 2015, but they're sold out.

Richard/Tralfie

that may not be the case. We booked the inaugural and the virtual interiors were more than the oceanviews!!! :eek:

Archived