Mariner of the Seas Far East Changes

...then tipping shouldn't be such an issue with you....:D:rolleyes:

Very quick - I like it ! :)

Tipping is no problem at all to me, at the suggested amounts by RCCL. Tipping extra on top of these is (apart from the odd tip to room service) :D

Very quick - I like it ! :)

Tipping is no problem at all to me, at the suggested amounts by RCCL. Tipping extra on top of these is (apart from the odd tip to room service) :D

....and to the Concierges and bartenders in the DL and CL, etc.

Although not the appropriate thread for this, while I accept that you do tip the suggested amounts, IMO, my understanding of the cultural differences and your position regarding tipping in general - per your numerous threads and posts on the subject - make me believe that tipping is in fact a problem with you.

And if it wasn't an understood and generally accepted component of cruising with RCI (and many other lines) - one now that is done automatically through MTD pre-paid or daily SeaPass charges - I think you would certainly prefer not to do it.

Again, not challenging that you do tip - as I believe you do - just hard for me to accept that it is done as "no problem at all" to you.:)

Thanks for advising how you found the mariner and I feel a lot better now about our cruise next march. By the way was the champagne bar and vintages still there.

Vintages and Champagne Bar were the two bars removed and replaced with shops. We were also warned that the Dragons Lair would not be open during our cruise but we kept seeing activities in the Compass that were being held there, maybe they finished the work there earlier and reopened it. We aren't really nightclub people so didn't look for ourselves.

I was on the June 4, 4 nighter cruise, complete with jack hammering and drilling and I had a great time! The Dragons Lair reopened on the last night and it looked quite impressive. I did miss not having a boutique that sells the ladies evening tops etc - not sure if that will return amongst the pricey watch store and the Coach boutique. I did not hear any mention of removing the pub, but it wouldnt surprise me as it was deserted the whole time. I found the Chinese crew to be very pleasant, msybe a little slow on service .

20130606_173913_zps92482613.jpg

What I did find a bit off putting was the new glass signage that was put up on the last day!

I was on the June 4, 4 nighter cruise, complete with jack hammering and drilling and I had a great time! The Dragons Lair reopened on the last night and it looked quite impressive. I did miss not having a boutique that sells the ladies evening tops etc - not sure if that will return amongst the pricey watch store and the Coach boutique. I did not hear any mention of removing the pub, but it wouldnt surprise me as it was deserted the whole time. I found the Chinese crew to be very pleasant, msybe a little slow on service .

20130606_173913_zps92482613.jpg

What I did find a bit off putting was the new glass signage that was put up on the last day!

Haha yes, the first time I saw one of these signs I was wondering how I would know where to go! But then I saw the matching one in English and breathed a sigh of relief ;)

• 2 months later...

Hopefully Mariner leaves Far East soon!!!!!!!!!

I think it is not good to update her for the Asian demands - what if they'd like to change Mariners deployment?

I really liked the Europe itineraries in 2011 and 2012 - sadly they stopped it!

Is the Asian market SO important?

I think Legend and Voyager would be enough for that region!

So let's hope that the rumors come true and she sails Australia and Alaska in 2015!! :)

Archived