Bar set-up in cabin?

We are long time NCL and CCL cruisers and have always ordered a bar set up to be in our cabin when we arrive. It's normally just for me so we can have drinks on the balcony during happy hour. DH just gets a bucket of beer and brings it to the room.

So far I have not been able to find this option on RCCL. I am thinking the unlimited package would not work since they don't do room service? And who wants a watered down drink anyway? We are thinking of the Aqua Suite on Oasis and I know there is the CL but again, not on our balcony. Does RCCL have a bar set up package? It is like 3 x the cost of a bottle on land on NCL but it's there in your room for whenever you want it.

If RCCL does have it, can somebody give me the info to order it? If not, I just can't see the sense in paying all that money for an Aqua Suite when you can't even have a bottle on your balcony. And what if we hosted a sail away party? Would they bring bottles then and if so, could we still keep them in our cabin?

We are long time NCL and CCL cruisers and have always ordered a bar set up to be in our cabin when we arrive. It's normally just for me so we can have drinks on the balcony during happy hour. DH just gets a bucket of beer and brings it to the room.

So far I have not been able to find this option on RCCL. I am thinking the unlimited package would not work since they don't do room service? And who wants a watered down drink anyway? We are thinking of the Aqua Suite on Oasis and I know there is the CL but again, not on our balcony. Does RCCL have a bar set up package? It is like 3 x the cost of a bottle on land on NCL but it's there in your room for whenever you want it.

If RCCL does have it, can somebody give me the info to order it? If not, I just can't see the sense in paying all that money for an Aqua Suite when you can't even have a bottle on your balcony. And what if we hosted a sail away party? Would they bring bottles then and if so, could we still keep them in our cabin?

No bar setup on Royal. No bottles of hard liquor sold for onboard consumption either.

No bar setup on Royal. No bottles of hard liquor sold for onboard consumption either.

I loved the way Princess allowed you to order liquor for consumption in your room. When you return from a tour normally tired and sweaty it's nice to be able to sit down in your room and enjoy a cocktail.

Royal is so concerned about the almighty dollar ! $55 a day for a drink pkg, that is crazy. If RCL would adopt Princess policy they would make out better. IMHO :)

Just a note...the mixed drinks are not "watered down"...they are quite strong, in fact, so while they do seem expensive, you are getting your money's worth of alcohol!

Maybe just me, but I read that as meaning ordering mixed drinks from room service will be watered down as the ice melts.

Basically the cruiseline thinks you are to stupid to be trusted with a bottle of liquor.

Think of all the things that can happen if you get too drunk. The possibilities are endless.

You should thank them for saving you from yourself....

Maybe just me, but I read that as meaning ordering mixed drinks from room service will be watered down as the ice melts.

You may be right, but you can always order your drink without ice and just add that when you want it.

So if we had the liqour package DH could take both cards, get 2 shots at one bar, go to another bar and get 2 shots and bring them back to the room? That could work but it is quite ridiculous. Thanks all!

So if we had the liqour package DH could take both cards, get 2 shots at one bar, go to another bar and get 2 shots and bring them back to the room? That could work but it is quite ridiculous. Thanks all!

not necessarily. they do track purchases and there may be a time limit between orders.

Archived