No e-mails from Carnival after booking through a TA - this normal?

willow028

Feeling under the weather and having time on my hands, I cleaned out my "junk" email account today - you know, that account you use for booking and ordering stuff/travel because once you enter your address you're on every mailing list known to mankind and if you don't pay attention you wind up with 20,000+ unread emails...

I noticed that after booking my last cruise through an online travel agency (done that way because of credit card points/rewards only) rather than directly through Carnival as I have in the past, I stopped getting emails from Carnival. Prior to that I was getting 3-5 a week advertising sales and encouraging me to book. Since March - not a single email (and no they weren't suddenly going into my SPAM folder).

Anyone else run into something like this? Am I now off their mailing list since I used a TA?

I think once you have a cruise booked, either thru Carnival or a TA, the emails stop until after you complete the cruise. I say that because when we have a cruise booked, my email is the one I use either through Carnival and then transferred to a TA or directly booked with a TA.

Afte the cruise both DH and I, two separate email addys start to get the emails. I wouldn't worry but we have registered on many cruise sites so even if we don't get things from Carnival, we still get info from other sources so we can book other cruises should we desire.

I have never gotten the Carnival promotional emails. My PVP tells me its because I have a cruise booked, I need to use a different email to sign up for promo emails.

Who knows.. I never get them. (and Ive tried and my PVP has tried to sign me up)

I have never gotten the Carnival promotional emails. My PVP tells me its because I have a cruise booked, I need to use a different email to sign up for promo emails.

Who knows.. I never get them. (and Ive tried and my PVP has tried to sign me up)

I have 2 cruises booked and am getting the so-called promo emails.

Unfortunately, for me the emails are a waste of reading since 99% have to do with sailings out of the east and we only cruise from the west coast.

For a while we weren't getting any emails from Carnival and now we do.

OP - Make sure you are signed up to receive emails. If you have another email account, use that one also.

Archived