---> !!ALLURE OTS REVIEW!! <--- Complete Pictorial Guide! [Jun 29, 2013]

WOW what a great picture/view from the top of the zip line! And I loved the video too. Just getting around to your review and I'm glad I found it, great pics, fun commentary.

Thanks so much! The view was seriously out of this world. I don't know if I've ever seen something so amazing, its really indescribable. I see you are going on the Oasis transatlantic, you are soooo lucky!

I am leaving on the oasis tomorrow with my 12 year old daughter. Wondering what your recommendations would be to go for the set sail party?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Forums mobile app

Hey! You are going to have a blast, I wish I were you right now! :D So I never went to any of the set sail parties so I'm not sure what they were like. If you go back to the first few pages, I have pictures from where we were - Deck 14 in the front of the ship, the SunDeck. It was nice because we could stand over the bridge wings and get a good view from the very front! It was super windy although it was windy that day anyway. Now there are sail away parties, weather permitting.

-Bon Voyage Sail Away Party with their Calypso band by the pools on Deck 15.

-DreamWorks Sail Away Party Celebration in the Aqua Theater on Deck 6.

I personally think the DreamWork's may be a little cheesy for a 12 year old but I know everyone is different and if your daughter loves some of the DreamWork's movies, you may want to check it out. I suggest looking it up on YouTube to check it out before you go!

Bon Voyage!! :cool:

If you go back to the first few pages, I have pictures from where we were - Deck 14 in the front of the ship, the SunDeck. It was nice because we could stand over the bridge wings and get a good view from the very front!

That is where we do sail-a-way on Oasis and Allure and not only for the reasons that you mentioned but because you also get the full affect of the ship's horn there. And there are not a lot of sounds in this world that I look forward to more than that!:):):)

That is where we do sail-a-way on Oasis and Allure and not only for the reasons that you mentioned but because you also get the full affect of the ship's horn there. And there are not a lot of sounds in this world that I look forward to more than that!:):):)

I didn't even think about that but you are totally right!! I wish the captain blew that horn more often during the trip! But yeah, I love that sound too and for some reason I love the sound of the alarm along with the horn right before the muster drill! :p

Great review Mike! We're sailing the Allure next April (on the eastern cruise) but it was almost like I was reliving our western Oasis cruise from last October.

I didn't see anyone write this but the helipad is actually open to diamond and up members for sail away from Labadee and Nassau (weather permitting). We were up there on the Oasis and it was a lot of fun.

Great review Mike! We're sailing the Allure next April (on the eastern cruise) but it was almost like I was reliving our western Oasis cruise from last October.

I didn't see anyone write this but the helipad is actually open to diamond and up members for sail away from Labadee and Nassau (weather permitting). We were up there on the Oasis and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks! I wish I had another cruise on this class of ship! :) I forgot to mention that but I do remember hearing that! Thanks for putting that on the thread! Have fun in April, I will be thinking of you!

Hijacking again (I'm too lazy to do my own thread and thought you might find this funny). I believe you mentioned these earlier in your thread?

Before.....

DSC07641_zps8444c7dd.jpg

AFTER!

DSC08616_zps9ede66f3.jpg

Hey thanks for posting that because I have neglected to look up that view without the stacks! Glad my review was one of the last with the infamous stacks! :D

I checked out your Alaska cruise review, loved it and it makes me want to look at an Alaska cruise in the near future! Maybe once I live in Florida since I get to deal with winter, snow, and cold weather wayy too often. :p

I checked out your Alaska cruise review, loved it and it makes me want to look at an Alaska cruise in the near future! Maybe once I live in Florida since I get to deal with winter, snow, and cold weather wayy too often. :p

Thanks for checking out the Alaska review. It was a magical journey and one one needs to do - regardless of the yucky weather where one lives! :D

Did Allure have the "Live the Allure" book similar to Oasis? I thought this was a neat guide when the ships first came out.

IMAG0165_zps5dd8f8f3.jpg

Wow!!! I am soo happy I found your review. I'm actually doing this same cruise on August 25th for my honeymoon and I have been trying to figure out the details of our trip. Thank you for posting the daily compass because now I know what to expect each day and also what night are the formal nights.

I noticed you are thinking about doing an ncl cruise. I have found that I love NCL just as much as love Royal and I can't wait for the Breakaway to get to Miami in February.

If you ever get the chance do a Mediterranean cruise do it. Absolutely amazing and you get to see soo much. It is what made me do a whole summer abroad in Florence in college

Thank you again for a wonderful review and have a great time in college.

Thanks for checking out the Alaska review. It was a magical journey and one one needs to do - regardless of the yucky weather where one lives! :D

Did Allure have the "Live the Allure" book similar to Oasis? I thought this was a neat guide when the ships first came out.

IMAG0165_zps5dd8f8f3.jpg

I am definitely going to do it sometime but there are a few I want to tackle before going there! Ahh I just need to win like $50,000 so I can book all the ones I want to do right now! :p

I don't remember seeing anything about "Live the Allure", must have been an inaugural thing, looks awesome though!!

Wow!!! I am soo happy I found your review. I'm actually doing this same cruise on August 25th for my honeymoon and I have been trying to figure out the details of our trip. Thank you for posting the daily compass because now I know what to expect each day and also what night are the formal nights.

I noticed you are thinking about doing an ncl cruise. I have found that I love NCL just as much as love Royal and I can't wait for the Breakaway to get to Miami in February.

If you ever get the chance do a Mediterranean cruise do it. Absolutely amazing and you get to see soo much. It is what made me do a whole summer abroad in Florence in college

Thank you again for a wonderful review and have a great time in college.

I am so happy you found it too, congratulations!! You are going to have an amazing honeymoon, one to remember for a lifetime, for more than just the ship of course!

I have never sailed on NCL so I would love to see how they are compared to RCI! I would like to cruise all of the lines although I think I am going to stick with RCI, NCL, or even Carnival if its a newer ship. Would love to sail every class on RCI some day!

I am jealous of studying in Italy and for your med cruise! :D

Again, congrats!!

Hey nice review. Finally managed to get the video to load and find the time to read through your review.

Thank you, CSF!

My mistake, replied too soon (based on seeing Babbling Brooks on TV)...Ken Rush was our CD! It was great!

Ahh thats okay, I'm glad you had fun! :D Did you know while you were gone that the steel was cut for Anthem of the Seas and the keel laying for Quantum happened on the same day, 2 days ago?!

Thanks so much! The view was seriously out of this world. I don't know if I've ever seen something so amazing, its really indescribable. I see you are going on the Oasis transatlantic, you are soooo lucky!

I feel lucky to be going. Hopefully there will be no seasickness events!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Saw the news about Anthem this morning on Facebook.

Btw, we won a Bingo prize on Tuesday...a free upgrade to a Grand Suite (with all of the privileges)!!! It was fabulous! Double balcony with upgraded cushioned furniture, bathtub, breakfast bar, huge closet...and more!

Saw the news about Anthem this morning on Facebook.

Btw, we won a Bingo prize on Tuesday...a free upgrade to a Grand Suite (with all of the privileges)!!! It was fabulous! Double balcony with upgraded cushioned furniture, bathtub, breakfast bar, huge closet...and more!

AHHH!!! That's so exciting, I am so jealous of you!

Many thanks for the galley tour. I always seem to forget to bring closed-toed shoes, so I can't go even with an invitation.

I went so far as to buy a pair of shoes in Belize so I could do the AAT on the Liberty of the Seas. Then some other passenger walks up with a gauzy, flowing skirt and wedgie sandals, open toes. They didn't say one word to her! And I ended up with a blister from the new shoes.

Mike,

First off congratulations on your graduation.

This was such an awesome review, and now looking at booking her sometime next year.

Now some technical questions.. what different settings did you use on your camera, which were your favorites? I am not a pro at photo taking, but you make me want to learn more about my camera. You've been well taught! do you have an email address to stay in touch?

Thanks! Sherri

Mike,

First off congratulations on your graduation.

This was such an awesome review, and now looking at booking her sometime next year.

Now some technical questions.. what different settings did you use on your camera, which were your favorites? I am not a pro at photo taking, but you make me want to learn more about my camera. You've been well taught! do you have an email address to stay in touch?

Thanks! Sherri

Thanks so much! Wow, you have been on many cruises!

I seriously shot everything in Intelligent Superior Auto. I think I used Aperture Priority a few times while in Cozumel but that's it and only to manually adjust the brightness, etc. ISA does a great job with deciding what kind of shot it is - landscape, portrait, etc. The auto focus is amazing and overall I just never needed to change the settings. I of course used some filters that were built into the camera but I didn't need to switch settings.

Do you have to NEX F3 as well?

Mike,

I have a Canon Powershot A40. I love it, but it's all still pretty new to me. I will be on the Carnival Dream in a few weeks, so will try different settings.

Have fun!! Am I going to be seeing pictures, possibly a review?! Lots of great memories on that ship. If you do, make sure you come back on here and post the link, I usually never skim through the Carnival board.

I have never done a "live" review, so may need some help. I will try! please send me your email so I can ask you questions along the way!

send to sasysutler@aol.com

Hi, sasysutler - we're on the 9/7 Dream sailing as well - have LOVED Mike's review, hope you do a review for this sailing and look forward to meeting you along the way!

John & Debbie

p.s. Thanks, Mike for the Allure review! We were on her a couple of years ago and can't wait to be back!