---> !!ALLURE OTS REVIEW!! <--- Complete Pictorial Guide! [Jun 29, 2013]

Mike,

You deserve a STANDING OVATION!

Bravo!

Your choice of music for the video is simply extaordinary.

Thanks for sharing. I will read your review again and again, to prepare myself for April.

Keep cruising!

Thanks so much!! P.S. cool name! :p

Your review and pictures are outstanding! You did a great job. :cool::)

Thanks, Tyron! See you around the Quantum threads! :D

Well, I'm not sick. Whether I'm ok or not depends on who you ask.:eek::D

Haha!! Well I'm glad you're not sick!

Mike,

What an absolutely awesome video. It seemed like you had such great timing not dwelling too much on any one thing and keeping it moving. It was impossible to loose attention. I was really blown away by it. Thanks!

By the way, I was at the hospital because I'm a physician.;)

O.B.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Awesome review and fantastic video....I'm on the Allure in November and cannot wait...wish u all the best. :)

Thanks a lot! Have fun!

Mike,

What an absolutely awesome video. It seemed like you had such great timing not dwelling too much on any one thing and keeping it moving. It was impossible to loose attention. I was really blown away by it. Thanks!

By the way, I was at the hospital because I'm a physician.;)

O.B.

Glad you finally got to watch it! :D And haha nice to know! :p

Wow! What an amazing review. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photographs. All the unique shots around the ship are fantastic. I think I'll be spending seven days next January doing nothing but wandering the ship taking photos :o Thankfully the ports aren't all that exciting to me - the ship is the destination for this trip. I'll have been to Cozumel three times already by then, so maybe that will be the day to stay on the ship and take daytime pics with fewer people in them :D

Mike - the video reminded me again just how much fun we had! When my husband gets back next month, I am going to have him watch it......and maybe gloat just a little.

I think it's time we booked the eastern itinerary, don't ya think?? :)

Thanks again for making a great trip that much more enjoyable. Think of me in October on my nice, sedate river cruise with my fellow senior citizens. Lord, help me!

Maureen

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Mike,

You have done a fantastic job with this review!!! I really enjoyed your surprises kiddo! The videos were unique, original and well paired with the music you chose. You are so gifted and such a pro. And...a nice young man to boot. Your parents must be so proud of you. My DH and I will be boarding the Allure on Sept. 1 and I'm super excited about that. I hope you keep doing reviews..cause I'll be following. Keep us posted Mike. :)

This is probably one of the most in depth pictorial reviews I have seen on CC. Very, VERY well done. I enjoyed going through all the pictures and it literally makes me so jealous that I have to wait until March of 2014 to get on there for a B2B...

Also, I see you swim competitively...my daughter (who is 11) also swims competitively. She qualified for Alberta Age Group provincials (LC) this year in 400m Free, 100m Breast and 50m Breast. She is also doing 400m IM and Relay.

She is trying to keep the "wave" stroke in breast and a lot of others are not so they are a bit faster right now. We keep telling her that this is the correct technique and that it will pay off down the road.

Anyway, I'm going to load up that youtube vid and get more jealous. Keep up the good work!

Now that you're done, I want to once again tell you how much I enjoyed your review! I've probably spent around 15 or 20 hours total between your review, Gambee's, and KansCocoa's...they only make it harder to wait the 2 1/2 weeks until my cruise on Allure!

Awesome job Mike, I know how hard it is to put together a good slideshow/video. It took me about 2 months to do mine of the Independence cruise we took in January. Can't do it in one sitting, that's for sure:D

Again well done, and I included a link of my Independence slide show on youtube. Take a look and see what you think.

Thanks again Mike!!

[/size]

Wow! What an amazing review. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photographs. All the unique shots around the ship are fantastic. I think I'll be spending seven days next January doing nothing but wandering the ship taking photos :o Thankfully the ports aren't all that exciting to me - the ship is the destination for this trip. I'll have been to Cozumel three times already by then, so maybe that will be the day to stay on the ship and take daytime pics with fewer people in them :D

Thanks! I think I looked at one of your threads asking about photographing unique perspectives of the ship. It isn't too hard to get great pictures of the ship, she is very photogenic! =D The ship isn't too busy around 2-3 am, there will be people in the promenade getting a bite to eat after they party at Blaze but usually you can get a picture of the place empty. Hope you share them, have fun!

Mike - the video reminded me again just how much fun we had! When my husband gets back next month, I am going to have him watch it......and maybe gloat just a little.

I think it's time we booked the eastern itinerary, don't ya think?? :)

Thanks again for making a great trip that much more enjoyable. Think of me in October on my nice, sedate river cruise with my fellow senior citizens. Lord, help me!

Maureen

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks Maureen, so glad you liked it! We did have a blast, I think booking the Eastern itinerary is a great idea! =) Have fun on your river cruise, I'm sure it will be a nice change of pace and then you will have an excuse for another fun, energetic cruise on Allure!

Great Job Mike, its been a pleasure to follow your review :)

Thanks, Gambee!

Mike,

You have done a fantastic job with this review!!! I really enjoyed your surprises kiddo! The videos were unique, original and well paired with the music you chose. You are so gifted and such a pro. And...a nice young man to boot. Your parents must be so proud of you. My DH and I will be boarding the Allure on Sept. 1 and I'm super excited about that. I hope you keep doing reviews..cause I'll be following. Keep us posted Mike. :)

Thanks so much!! I am excited for you, you are going to LOVE it, do you have any extra room in your suitcase? =P Hope to see you for the next review!

This is probably one of the most in depth pictorial reviews I have seen on CC. Very, VERY well done. I enjoyed going through all the pictures and it literally makes me so jealous that I have to wait until March of 2014 to get on there for a B2B...

Also, I see you swim competitively...my daughter (who is 11) also swims competitively. She qualified for Alberta Age Group provincials (LC) this year in 400m Free, 100m Breast and 50m Breast. She is also doing 400m IM and Relay.

She is trying to keep the "wave" stroke in breast and a lot of others are not so they are a bit faster right now. We keep telling her that this is the correct technique and that it will pay off down the road.

Anyway, I'm going to load up that youtube vid and get more jealous. Keep up the good work!

I felt bad for you when I was reading about your wait until you got to the B2B part, LUCKY!!! I am jealous!

Ahh, another swimmer! Great, I am glad I have had so many people tell me either their kids or themselves swim, the world needs to realize how awesome it is. Good luck to your daughter! =)

Hope you liked the video and thank you!

Now that you're done, I want to once again tell you how much I enjoyed your review! I've probably spent around 15 or 20 hours total between your review, Gambee's, and KansCocoa's...they only make it harder to wait the 2 1/2 weeks until my cruise on Allure!

Thanks a lot! Yeah, they were my inspiration so it was already set in stone that it would be a longer review before I made it! They're more fun though, right?!

Awesome job Mike, I know how hard it is to put together a good slideshow/video. It took me about 2 months to do mine of the Independence cruise we took in January. Can't do it in one sitting, that's for sure:D

Again well done, and I included a link of my Independence slide show on youtube. Take a look and see what you think.

Thanks again Mike!!

[/size]

Yeah, it does take a lot of work and sometimes things don't go your way and you just have to leave and then come back!

Thanks so much and I will go check it out now!

Mike, this is one of the best reviews I've ever read. Well-written, unique perspective, and wonderful photos!

Thanks so much, Donna!

I forgot to show you a few pictures!! Remember how I won the Wonderbook of art at the meet and mingle? I never took a picture on the ship and did at home, totally forgot to upload it. I also got pictures of the model ship I bought. Funny story, I had seen pictures of the model ship before I went on the cruise and thought it was sooooo weird that the bottom was painted, I was like Allure is white on the bottom! Well then I realized that it is more accurate than I originally thought when in Labadee! =P I have collected a model ship on every cruise since 2006, unfortunately there hasn't been many from 2006 to 2013, hoping that changes!

9410103211_a5ea7e80d7_o.jpg

9410103661_6c9f4daabd_o.jpg

9412871140_199e68a6de_o.jpg

9410105177_78d22c71b0_o.jpg

9412870856_53c1db7015_o.jpg

9410105953_7fc1a06a64_o.jpg

I wish the craftsmanship was better on these model ships but I guess it must be hard to make them. They are kind of expensive too.

9410106119_177de04cee_o.jpg

9412871760_96cd94863a_o.jpg

9410106549_34d78a3cdc_o.jpg

Okay, now I really don't have anymore pictures to share!

I wish the craftsmanship was better on these model ships but I guess it must be hard to make them. They are kind of expensive too.

I, too, wish the craftsmanship was a bit better. But I still have one of every RCI ship that I have been on.

Amazing video! Awesome review! Thanks again for taking the time to do all of this! I'm sad to see it end....

Thanks so much! You're welcome, I am sad that I won't be chatting with some of you now! Maybe next review I will see you there!

I, too, wish the craftsmanship was a bit better. But I still have one of every RCI ship that I have been on.

I need the Freedom and Navigator model ships. Hopefully I get to travel on one of them in the future so I can maybe use the "I need the model ship so lets go on the ship" excuse?! :p

Mike,

First off, FANTASTIC JOB!! I was on Allure last September and am going for Halloween this year. You thread make me wish it was a hell of a lot sooner!

I did have a question, How and when did you sign up for the behind the scenes tour. I have all the shows about the ship DVR'd and that tour would be right up my alley. Please advise!!!

Again, awesome job and congrats on your graduation!!!!!

Jude

Mike,

First off, FANTASTIC JOB!! I was on Allure last September and am going for Halloween this year. You thread make me wish it was a hell of a lot sooner!

I did have a question, How and when did you sign up for the behind the scenes tour. I have all the shows about the ship DVR'd and that tour would be right up my alley. Please advise!!!

Again, awesome job and congrats on your graduation!!!!!

Jude

-This tour has a limited amount of space and is not well known. Once I was able to pick my jaw up from seeing the Royal Promenade for the first time, I went for Guest Services to reserve my spot as I know the tour sells out fast. Service was extremely good and fast. A very friendly lady came up to me and asked if I needed help, she gave me the information and took my Sea Pass and came back promptly with my ticket and Sea Pass!

$150

Day 6 or 7

9:00 or 9:20 am

and thanks!

Edited by swim13

I did the Behind the Scenes tour on the Liberty and was a little disappointed. For $150 I thought they would take you into more technical parts of the ship, such as closer to engine rooms, computer rooms, and other technical stuff (I am a technology and computer geek). I also wanted to see some of the crew cabins as I would love to see how "the other half lives" The places we went were:

- bridge

- crew buffet line (the food look much better there than in Windjammer)

- Main kitchen

- a crew lounge

- the prop/costume room of the main theater

- into studio B, but not backstage there

- many refrigerators and freezers, including the store for alcohol, etc.

- Engine control room including seeing the computer screens for monitoring whether someone has their balcony open.

I have a bunch of pictures of a lot of the tour, and it was interesting. I did like the fact that there were no restrictions for photography "backstage". The most interesting thing is that the props only turn at less than 150 RPM. I guess since they are so large, they cannot spin faster!

In fact I have had better tours on ships of the theaters by just getting to know the theater personnel. On the one Carnival ship I went on, the guy gave me a great tour of the backstage area of the theater, video production room, and a couple of other places for free.

I did the Behind the Scenes tour on the Liberty and was a little disappointed. For $150 I thought they would take you into more technical parts of the ship, such as closer to engine rooms, computer rooms, and other technical stuff (I am a technology and computer geek). I also wanted to see some of the crew cabins as I would love to see how "the other half lives" The places we went were:

- bridge

- crew buffet line (the food look much better there than in Windjammer)

- Main kitchen

- a crew lounge

- the prop/costume room of the main theater

- into studio B, but not backstage there

- many refrigerators and freezers, including the store for alcohol, etc.

- Engine control room including seeing the computer screens for monitoring whether someone has their balcony open.

I have a bunch of pictures of a lot of the tour, and it was interesting. I did like the fact that there were no restrictions for photography "backstage". The most interesting thing is that the props only turn at less than 150 RPM. I guess since they are so large, they cannot spin faster!

In fact I have had better tours on ships of the theaters by just getting to know the theater personnel. On the one Carnival ship I went on, the guy gave me a great tour of the backstage area of the theater, video production room, and a couple of other places for free.

That was basically the extent of our tour although I think it was well worth it for me. I wish we got to see the engine rooms but I bet it would be a big liability issue. That's cool that you got a free behind the scenes tour of the stage!

9331265646_de16e13f09_o.jpg

Mike - I gotta say - I love your review and your narrative and photography skills. At 39, I have a lot to learn from an 18 year old!

We just got off the Oasis a week ago and also did the All Access Tour. (Man, there were some clueless folks on our tour. I had to step away once.)

Having never sailed the Allure, I like studying the differences between Oasis and Alure and am excited about Oasis 3! I noticed the central command desk on the Allure above is a lot more finished than the one on the Oasis. I didn't get quite the same perspective pic you did but felt like I had to share!

DSC08311_zps8bb0b441.jpg

When are you going to sail the Oasis to compare the two?

(Oh, BTW - we booked the Oasis Westbound Transatlantic in October 2014 - 13 days on the Lady O. You can be jealous now... LOL)

Mike - I gotta say - I love your review and your narrative and photography skills. At 39, I have a lot to learn from an 18 year old!

We just got off the Oasis a week ago and also did the All Access Tour. (Man, there were some clueless folks on our tour. I had to step away once.)

Having never sailed the Allure, I like studying the differences between Oasis and Alure and am excited about Oasis 3! I noticed the central command desk on the Allure above is a lot more finished than the one on the Oasis. I didn't get quite the same perspective pic you did but felt like I had to share!

DSC08311_zps8bb0b441.jpg

When are you going to sail the Oasis to compare the two?

(Oh, BTW - we booked the Oasis Westbound Transatlantic in October 2014 - 13 days on the Lady O. You can be jealous now... LOL)

Thank you!!

HAHA!! Yes, there were definitely some clueless folks on our tour as well, even the tour guide knew less stats than me! I was telling one of the operators and the tour guide how long the ship actually was! =P This one Chinese lady on our tour barely spoke English and you could tell everyone was cringing when she asked a question which was often!

Wow thanks for sharing, didn't realize the two could be so different! I can't wait for Oasis 3 either, really hoping she will sail from the new terminal RCCL is building in Bayonne for the summer and maybe Port Canaveral for winter, wouldn't that be perfect?

I don't have plans to go on Oasis for a LONG time. I want to try the Breakaway and Quantum, maybe even Grandeur through 2015. I am VERY JEALOUS OF YOUR TRANSATLANTIC!! Take me?! Lol =P

Thanks for coming along!