---> !!ALLURE OTS REVIEW!! <--- Complete Pictorial Guide! [Jun 29, 2013]

I was on the same sailing and there were a lot of things that were strange, but in a good way.

For a huge ship, I was shocked (I say shocked as to mean "pinch me, I can't believe this ship is that good!):

1) Getting off was a breeze! On other ships (Princess Grand class, CCL Conquest class, etc) you might have to wait in the staircase in a long line. On the Allure, we walked about 40' from out cabin, went down escalator (!) and we were off- it was that simple!

2) Getting back on the ship was also easiest on any ship I have been on. Other lines have two metal detectors on the ship that all must pass through. On the Allure, they put out 8 on the dock. That meant more detectors per passengers, so it took a lot less time to get on ship.

3) Little walking! We had a cabin near the mdr, we never had to walk far for anything. We did the least amount of walking on a cruise.On CCL or Princess, you can end up doing a lot of walking!

4) A pool area that actually has open chairs! Saw it with my own eyes- got chairs a few feet from the pool late morning on two sea days.

For those that thing that big ships equal lots of walking, thing again. Everything that you'd want is centralized. The areas furtherest away are the areas you might visit the least, like the water show area and the sports area.

5) Incredible organization everywhere- from when you are being checked in on day one to the service in the mdr, the ship is a like I well maintained swiss watch.

The smallest ships I cruised were the Elation, Soveriegn and Majesty and for ease of getting around, the Allure had it all over them (thing was my 24th cruise overall).

Can't wait to check out the Oasis!

Sounds like we had a pretty similar experience! Did you see me? :p Thanks for coming along to read and comment! Glad you had a great time! I want to check out Oasis as well!!

Thanks so much for all your hard work Mike. The wife and I definately want to go on the Allure now. Just got to afford the flight across the pond...and the ship...and doing a b2b ('cos its not worth coming for just a week for us!).

Thanks again.

Simon

Thanks! You have to save up and go on the Allure, it's just crazy to be on her in real life. Ughh the flights are killer, I've wanted to go to Europe for a long time and the flight prices just make a cruise cheaper. B2B is highly recommended!

I think a B2B is a good idea for almost anyone - I couldn't experience everything this ship has to offer in just one week!

Have fun at school, Mike! Knock 'em dead :)

Hey Maureen! Thank you so much!

Thanks for the posting. It will be valuable on our Allure venture.

You're welcome, thanks for stopping by!

Hi Mike,

Loved your editorials and photos of the Allure! My husband, Michael, and I will be on the Sept. 1 Eastern Caribbean cruise and can't wait to go aboard!!

Congrats on your graduation!

Lucy

Thank you, Lucy! Your cruise is approaching quickly and I am really jealous! Have fun!

Hey Rico!

Thanks so much, glad you found it. Hope the move went smooth!

I'm actually staying up here in New York for a few years but will eventually find my way down to Florida! I am still looking into UCF and also FIU now. Have you ever heard anything about FIU? But boy do I wish I was in Florida right now...if only I wasn't out-of-state. :(

I totally get you...went to NJ for first semester last year and ended up coming back to FL :rolleyes::o Yeah I've heard of FIU but UCF is better :D

Anyways, good luck in college and hope you make it here!

We got to the hotel and got a snack before bed. We were on the 5th floor and I got really excited because I saw the famous 4 stacks from our room, I knew I would be able to see the ship in the morning! We were walking to our rooms and there were people yelling loud from one room and I made a comment saying, "well that doesn't sound very good!" and the guy walking behind us walked in that room... I have to learn to keep my mouth closed sometimes! =D Oh and it was awkward because I was in the same elevator as that guy walking in the room a few days later on the cruise!

HOTEL: Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center

My mom has a Marriott Rewards card and had enough points to get us two rooms for free. This hotel is great, has all of the amenities (free breakfast, pool, gym, etc.) and was recently renovated. I would totally recommend this hotel! I didn't get many pictures of it but it is in the perfect location from the airport and cruise port. There was free WiFi, it was clean, and the rooms have a large bed with a small separation from the living area (pullout bed where I slept), a nice bathroom with the sink separate from toilet and shower. Oh and for all the guys out there, the TV is HUGE.

Our view straight out from the room

9245747032_860b26634f_o.jpg

THERE SHE IS, I WAS SO EXCITED!! P.S. I wasn't able to sleep very good because of my level of excitement.

9242964035_6cdb4ba3b6_o.jpg

Nice, clean bathroom

9242964585_d495f99f59_o.jpg

9245749116_12324728fb_o.jpg

9242967667_36d7635ac1_o.jpg

This is my second home if anyone was curious from my username and avatar, haha!

9242966327_c90912abbc_o.jpg

by any chance do you have your cruise compass' from the cruise for each day?

Thanks for this most interesting review! We were on the Oasis last October and are scheduled on the Allure this November. You have refreshed my memory on many things and shown me some areas I had yet to discover. I loved your photography and the videos. You like a lot of the angles and details that I would love to capture if I had the right equipment. Your taste may exceed some of your piers but it was just right for me and many others, I am sure. Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for the years to come!:)

I totally get you...went to NJ for first semester last year and ended up coming back to FL :rolleyes::o Yeah I've heard of FIU but UCF is better :D

Anyways, good luck in college and hope you make it here!

Haha I will definitely be down in Florida in two years! :cool:

by any chance do you have your cruise compass' from the cruise for each day?

swim13 I need a copy of the allure cruise compass for the western carribean. I know you might have them. can you help me.

They are all posted on this review. I posted them at the beginning of each day except for Day 1 which is posted at the end. You may copy and paste them into Microsoft Word and print them. I don't know how else to get them to you.

Hi, Mike. what camera did you use?

Hello, I use the Sony NEX F3 with the lens it came with.

Thanks for this most interesting review! We were on the Oasis last October and are scheduled on the Allure this November. You have refreshed my memory on many things and shown me some areas I had yet to discover. I loved your photography and the videos. You like a lot of the angles and details that I would love to capture if I had the right equipment. Your taste may exceed some of your piers but it was just right for me and many others, I am sure. Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for the years to come!:)

You're welcome, thank you for stopping by and leaving such a nice compliment! Have a GREAT time on your cruise, I really wish I was going on the Allure in November! :D

Mike, thank you so much for your review! You are doing a great job. I love your pictures, and I love your insights on your cruise. I have only just finished page 4. I can't wait to read the rest!

Thanks!! I hope you are enjoying the rest of the review. :)

Well, it took me 2 days but I official read your entire review.. What an awesome job. Your pictures gave the perfect well..picture.. Of what a cruise on the Allure will be like. We are looking at taking our first cruise in April 2014 and reading your review has definitely put Allure at the top of our list.. Especially since this will be our first cruise.. Btw.. You would be a great sales guy for a cruise.. You sold me..lol

Mike, awesome review! I do have to admit that I cheated a bit and watched the final video before I was half way through reading your review. I went to you tube to see one of your earlier videos and there it was! I guess there are some advantages to starting to read a review after it has been completed. :D Seriously though, it just made me want to read more!

We have been talking about cruising on one of the Oasis class ships since we saw the first doccumentary about the construction of the Oasis. Between your review and Gambee's, I am more than ever determined to make it happen. :D

I especially loved your pictures from your All Access Tour. We may have to include that in the budget when we book. I've already decided that the zipline in Labadee is a must do as well. I wasn't sure it would be worth it with just 1 big zip, but your pics and video have convinced me to do it.

Hope your year in college is off to a great start. After seeing your work on this review, I am sure you will do well, and be down here at UCF before you know it. In the meantime, enjoy the journey. I will be looking for your next cruise booking and hoping there will be another review that will follow it.

Well, it took me 2 days but I official read your entire review.. What an awesome job. Your pictures gave the perfect well..picture.. Of what a cruise on the Allure will be like. We are looking at taking our first cruise in April 2014 and reading your review has definitely put Allure at the top of our list.. Especially since this will be our first cruise.. Btw.. You would be a great sales guy for a cruise.. You sold me..lol

Wow I didn't realize it was that long! :p Thanks so much, even with all of the pictures you have seen, nothing compares to what it is like when you are actually on the ship! It is really something incredible. You definitely need to take a cruise, its the best vacation you can take! Haha, my parents always say I could be a used car salesman!

Mike, awesome review! I do have to admit that I cheated a bit and watched the final video before I was half way through reading your review. I went to you tube to see one of your earlier videos and there it was! I guess there are some advantages to starting to read a review after it has been completed. :D Seriously though, it just made me want to read more!

We have been talking about cruising on one of the Oasis class ships since we saw the first doccumentary about the construction of the Oasis. Between your review and Gambee's, I am more than ever determined to make it happen. :D

I especially loved your pictures from your All Access Tour. We may have to include that in the budget when we book. I've already decided that the zipline in Labadee is a must do as well. I wasn't sure it would be worth it with just 1 big zip, but your pics and video have convinced me to do it.

Hope your year in college is off to a great start. After seeing your work on this review, I am sure you will do well, and be down here at UCF before you know it. In the meantime, enjoy the journey. I will be looking for your next cruise booking and hoping there will be another review that will follow it.

Haha oops! That's okay, I like to do that too when I read a review that is somewhat older. Please, for yourself, go on one of the Oasis class ships!!! I suggest the AAT because well, it was awesome. :p I move in on Friday!

Thanks so much, glad you enjoyed the review!

• 2 months later...

Hello again! For everyone who had subscribed and is wondering about my next cruise, I finally have the next one planned! I've been busy at college and since school started, I have become vice president of the Travel Club at my school! Of course we had to plan a cruise, I made sure our big trip was on a ship and it didn't take too much persuasion!

As many of you know already, I love RCI but we just couldn't find anything cheaper than Carnival. We will be traveling on the Carnival Victory in April, out of Miami. Going to Key West and Cozumel. I will definitely have another extensive review! I will post the link if you have any interest to follow, I have a long time though! My family may also be planning a summer 2014 cruise to Bermuda but nothing has been really looked in to yet.

Hope everyone's doing well! Cough, cough Gwen, Gambee, Maureen! :)

Hello again! For everyone who had subscribed and is wondering about my next cruise, I finally have the next one planned! I've been busy at college and since school started, I have become vice president of the Travel Club at my school! Of course we had to plan a cruise, I made sure our big trip was on a ship and it didn't take too much persuasion!

As many of you know already, I love RCI but we just couldn't find anything cheaper than Carnival. We will be traveling on the Carnival Victory in April, out of Miami. Going to Key West and Cozumel. I will definitely have another extensive review! I will post the link if you have any interest to follow, I have a long time though! My family may also be planning a summer 2014 cruise to Bermuda but nothing has been really looked in to yet.

Hope everyone's doing well! Cough, cough Gwen, Gambee, Maureen! :)

I will check it out Mike for sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app

Hi, Mike!

It's so good to hear from you again. Glad to hear you are doing so well adjusting to college life - but of course I had no doubt!

I am sorry to say that I am really concerned that you may find yourself disappointed on the Carnival ship - particularly following the Allure trip. I have a particular bend about Carnival selling a substandard product for not that great a value because they believe they can get away with it. I hope you all have a great time and prove me wrong.

I'm surprised that you weren't able to get a really good deal on the NCL Breakaway or Getaway out of New York. Although I was never an NCL cheerleader - these particular ships are getting a lot of positive notice. I also saw that Celebrity has been very competitively priced and offering great perks. I guarantee that you'd like one of the Solstice class ships. They are really well suited for your demographic.

I just got back from the river cruise - which I liked far more than I had anticipated. Now I am focusing on the Tahiti to Lima trip in April.

Gotta get back to work in my cubicle - but I'm looking forward to hearing about "The Further Adventures of Mike"!

Be well and say hello to your family,

M.

Hi, Mike!

It's so good to hear from you again. Glad to hear you are doing so well adjusting to college life - but of course I had no doubt!

I am sorry to say that I am really concerned that you may find yourself disappointed on the Carnival ship - particularly following the Allure trip. I have a particular bend about Carnival selling a substandard product for not that great a value because they believe they can get away with it. I hope you all have a great time and prove me wrong.

I'm surprised that you weren't able to get a really good deal on the NCL Breakaway or Getaway out of New York. Although I was never an NCL cheerleader - these particular ships are getting a lot of positive notice. I also saw that Celebrity has been very competitively priced and offering great perks. I guarantee that you'd like one of the Solstice class ships. They are really well suited for your demographic.

I just got back from the river cruise - which I liked far more than I had anticipated. Now I am focusing on the Tahiti to Lima trip in April.

Gotta get back to work in my cubicle - but I'm looking forward to hearing about "The Further Adventures of Mike"!

Be well and say hello to your family,

M.

So glad you saw my message! Trust me, I already know I will be disappointed in the ship, especially after Allure but maybe since I am already prepared, it won't be as bad. I have sailed on the Carnival Dream before but of course I sailed when she was a new ship and the Victory, of course is much older. I had a good time but nothing has satisfied me like Royal's product! I am more looking for the experience with the club this time and it will always be nice to experience an older ship.

Due to limited time (max of four nights) and the time of year, Breakaway is out of the question. And not many people can afford more than what the Carnival ship already costs. I do want to travel on a Solstice Class ship, I actually have a picture of some of the tile that they have on the ship because I want it in my bathroom when I'm older and have my own space, lol!! :p

I'm glad you enjoyed the river cruise! I am so jealous of the Tahiti trip but of course you already know that, haha!

I will say hi to them, hope everyone is doing good!

Mike

Looking forward to your review. It's very nice of you to give mention to those who inspired you to do a great review. :)

It sure is !!!!

I only wish I had come

Across this review earlier... But now I am going to grab a drink and enjoy reading it!!!! Super excited!!!!!

THANK YOUU SO SO SO MUCH FOR THE DEDICATION!!!!!! It is wonderful to know I inspired you somewhat. Ok now... Time to read... Hehehe... :)

It sure is !!!!

I only wish I had come

Across this review earlier... But now I am going to grab a drink and enjoy reading it!!!! Super excited!!!!!

THANK YOUU SO SO SO MUCH FOR THE DEDICATION!!!!!! It is wonderful to know I inspired you somewhat. Ok now... Time to read... Hehehe... :)

Hey!!! So glad you finally came across it! :D Really hope you are enjoying it! I am going over to your Victory review once again in preparation for my trip in April! You should probably expect another dedication there when the time comes!

Talk to you later!

• 3 months later...

Hi Mike. Just decided to do an "old fashioned" search since the search function is out of order. Found your great review hiding between 100s of threads so I thought I'd resurrect it. Saved it to my favorites just like I did with Gambee's and I finally took the time to read it today. Are you sure you were 18 at the time?:D

and since this thread was resurrected, I wanted to come over here and say thanks again for the photo inspiration. I just returned from the Allure and took 1,000's of photos, a link to the best of them is in my review thread. If some of the photos look familiar, you're probably the reason :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992139

Hi Mike. Just decided to do an "old fashioned" search since the search function is out of order. Found your great review hiding between 100s of threads so I thought I'd resurrect it. Saved it to my favorites just like I did with Gambee's and I finally took the time to read it today. Are you sure you were 18 at the time?:D

Thank you so much! I had a great time writing the review, I will be writing my second one in a few months time so come back at the end of April, I will probably post a link to it on here. I just had my 19th birthday on February 13th! :)

and since this thread was resurrected, I wanted to come over here and say thanks again for the photo inspiration. I just returned from the Allure and took 1,000's of photos, a link to the best of them is in my review thread. If some of the photos look familiar, you're probably the reason :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992139

You're welcome! Thank you for the link, I always love to look at great pictures of the Allure. I'm glad I was a source of inspiration! :D

I can confirm that this wonderful young man had just had his 18th birthday prior to the cruise. He is now off at college where I am sure he is equally successful. I would look forward to cruising with Mike anytime....anywhere!

Maureen

Maureen!!! I was just talking about you the other day and thought I should send you an email. I'm a bit busy today but I have a lot to tell you! College couldn't be going any better than it is right now! :)

Thank you so much! I had a great time writing the review, I will be writing my second one in a few months time so come back at the end of April, I will probably post a link to it on here. I just had my 19th birthday on February 13th! :)

You're welcome! Thank you for the link, I always love to look at great pictures of the Allure. I'm glad I was a source of inspiration! :D

I can confirm that this wonderful young man had just had his 18th birthday prior to the cruise. He is now off at college where I am sure he is equally successful. I would look forward to cruising with Mike anytime....anywhere!

Maureen

LOL and Happy 19th. Your writing is better than most adults I know! Your attention to detail is right up my alley. For now I will have to read what everyone else writes about the Allure!