---> !!ALLURE OTS REVIEW!! <--- Complete Pictorial Guide! [Jun 29, 2013]

Just finished the review and honestly one of the very best ever! Beautiful photography as so many others have told you. Colors were vibrant and it was just as beautiful as being there in person. Sailing on Adventure of the Seas in November than getting on this beautiful ship next May!

It was just awesome of you to take so much time to do this for the extreme pleasure of all of us!:D

Hi, sasysutler - we're on the 9/7 Dream sailing as well - have LOVED Mike's review, hope you do a review for this sailing and look forward to meeting you along the way!

John & Debbie

p.s. Thanks, Mike for the Allure review! We were on her a couple of years ago and can't wait to be back!

Thanks! I hope to go back soon too!

Mike I just now get a chance to go through your review extensively. Great job sir! I can't wait till I'm on Allure doing the same itinerary in November! :)

Bugsy!!! Glad you made it on here, I remember seeing you around Gambee's reviews and then I read a few of your signature "LIVE" reviews! Thanks, glad you got the chance to read!

Just finished the review and honestly one of the very best ever! Beautiful photography as so many others have told you. Colors were vibrant and it was just as beautiful as being there in person. Sailing on Adventure of the Seas in November than getting on this beautiful ship next May!

It was just awesome of you to take so much time to do this for the extreme pleasure of all of us!:D

Thank you so much! What itinerary are you doing on the Adventure? I believe it is leaving out of Southampton right now? Have fun! :D

Mike,

I'm just now joining in on your AMAZING review and all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful photos and videos. All your hard work and dedication in writing this review is greatly appreciated. As other cc members have stated, you are an amazing guy with great talent.

My family and I (DH and our 2 boys, 5 and 10) will be sailing on this unbelievable amazing ship in November.

Congrats on your graduation!

Deborah

Mike,

I'm just now joining in on your AMAZING review and all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful photos and videos. All your hard work and dedication in writing this review is greatly appreciated. As other cc members have stated, you are an amazing guy with great talent.

My family and I (DH and our 2 boys, 5 and 10) will be sailing on this unbelievable amazing ship in November.

Congrats on your graduation!

Deborah

Thanks so much, Deborah! Ahh you are going to have so much fun with your family!

Bon Voyage!

Awesome review! I'm new to Cruise critic and hope to cruise Allure someday!

Thanks!! Welcome to Cruise Critic, I'm sure you will be spending a lot of time here. :D I hope you get to sail her someday too, she is really an awesome ship!

WOW!!!! JUST AWESOME! We sailed on the Allure and you bought back such wonderful memories. Thanks. I see a bright future for you. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Wow, thanks so much!! Ahhh, the memories made on the Allure :D

Your review is amazing!!! My family of 4 will be on the Allure on Aug.25th and we are counting the hours!!! Your photos are beautiful. I have the Nex 5 and I'm looking forward to create my own pictures following your ideas and angles...My son is 16 and he has a good eye for photography...just like you!!

We are also from New York...Hudson Valley Area - Orange County - and we are looking forward to sail on the Quantum!

You are a very talented young man...:)

See, Mike....I'm not the only one who recognizes your talent. You have so many people even more excited for their trip, RCCL should pay you for the advertising :)

Call Rick Steves and see if he needs an intern!

I know your college classes start soon - good luck!!

Maureen

Your review is amazing!!! My family of 4 will be on the Allure on Aug.25th and we are counting the hours!!! Your photos are beautiful. I have the Nex 5 and I'm looking forward to create my own pictures following your ideas and angles...My son is 16 and he has a good eye for photography...just like you!!

We are also from New York...Hudson Valley Area - Orange County - and we are looking forward to sail on the Quantum!

You are a very talented young man...:)

Thank you so much!! Have fun, I know you will! I am looking forward to sailing on the Quantum as well, so glad we finally get a big new ship up in our area! :D

See, Mike....I'm not the only one who recognizes your talent. You have so many people even more excited for their trip, RCCL should pay you for the advertising :)

Call Rick Steves and see if he needs an intern!

I know your college classes start soon - good luck!!

Maureen

Hey Maureen! Thanks, maybe they could just give me a free cruise voucher? LOL, one can dream! :p Yes it does, already packed half of my stuff.

Did you get something in the mail from me yet?

Hey, Mike

I received a lovely thank you note in the mail - and although certainly not necessary since the time spent with you and your family was my pleasure, it was deeply appreciated!

Sure wish you were on my next Oceania cruise. Those roll call folks seem quite confused - and they are confusing me! If I weren't going with good friends, I would be rethinking my plan for that sailing. They appear a bunch of old grouches - they need someone with an exuberant spirit like yours to make things fun :)

Great review Mike, thanks.

Question for you, I am going on Allure in October and have been thinking about the soda package. Do they serve Coke zero in the dining room or would you only be able to get that at the freestyle machines?

Thanks again

Hey, Mike

I received a lovely thank you note in the mail - and although certainly not necessary since the time spent with you and your family was my pleasure, it was deeply appreciated!

Sure wish you were on my next Oceania cruise. Those roll call folks seem quite confused - and they are confusing me! If I weren't going with good friends, I would be rethinking my plan for that sailing. They appear a bunch of old grouches - they need someone with an exuberant spirit like yours to make things fun :)

You're welcome! Glad you got it!

I wish I was on it too, I would love to go to Polynesia some day. I think Oceania has beautiful ships but I don't know about the market they are going after, I'm sorry, I would try my best to make the roll call fun! :cool::p

Great review Mike, thanks.

Question for you, I am going on Allure in October and have been thinking about the soda package. Do they serve Coke zero in the dining room or would you only be able to get that at the freestyle machines?

Thanks again

Thanks for stopping by! I like your username :D

First off, have fun! I think the soda package is wonderful. I actually never drink Coke Zero so I am so sorry to say I'm not sure! BUT, the first night you go to dinner, ask if they can get a Coke Zero for you. If not, just go fill your soda cup up at the Freestyle Machine in the Royal Promenade before dinner. I do know that they get drinks for the MDR from a behind the scenes bar so I don't know if its possible. I would definitely ask though, maybe even bring your cup the first night if they can't.

Bon Voyage!

Hey guys, I'm doing well! I am taking pain meds I got from the doctor and I was icing all day yesterday.

I thought I would add something a little more before I can finish the review! Do you remember me having my graduation party a while ago? Well I got this AMAZING cake that my mom surprised me with!! It was like 5 layers of cake, custom built with my favorite color and favorite logo! It was so awesome and SUPER heavy! :eek: Thought I would share some pictures of it!

9360042174_fffabe5686_o.jpg

9357265613_251018eed1_o.jpg

9360043260_00b70075a4_o.jpg

Working on my surprise! I will respond to people now and I am still not sure when I will finish it all up! I think I am going to go relax and watch some movies later so probably not until tomorrow. See you soon!

great review!

Edited by dearcourtney

Wow. Amazing job (though I'm not done reading yet :D ). I have been wondering if you had written this but we were moving and I never got to check :eek: well here I am now! Thanks for taking the time...

I take it that you start going to UCF now then (I know orientation/move-in is today, actually) so welcome to FL and hope to see you around!

Wow. Amazing job (though I'm not done reading yet :D ). I have been wondering if you had written this but we were moving and I never got to check :eek: well here I am now! Thanks for taking the time...

I take it that you start going to UCF now then (I know orientation/move-in is today, actually) so welcome to FL and hope to see you around!

Hey Rico!

Thanks so much, glad you found it. Hope the move went smooth!

I'm actually staying up here in New York for a few years but will eventually find my way down to Florida! I am still looking into UCF and also FIU now. Have you ever heard anything about FIU? But boy do I wish I was in Florida right now...if only I wasn't out-of-state. :(

I was on the same sailing and there were a lot of things that were strange, but in a good way.

For a huge ship, I was shocked (I say shocked as to mean "pinch me, I can't believe this ship is that good!):

1) Getting off was a breeze! On other ships (Princess Grand class, CCL Conquest class, etc) you might have to wait in the staircase in a long line. On the Allure, we walked about 40' from out cabin, went down escalator (!) and we were off- it was that simple!

2) Getting back on the ship was also easiest on any ship I have been on. Other lines have two metal detectors on the ship that all must pass through. On the Allure, they put out 8 on the dock. That meant more detectors per passengers, so it took a lot less time to get on ship.

3) Little walking! We had a cabin near the mdr, we never had to walk far for anything. We did the least amount of walking on a cruise.On CCL or Princess, you can end up doing a lot of walking!

4) A pool area that actually has open chairs! Saw it with my own eyes- got chairs a few feet from the pool late morning on two sea days.

For those that thing that big ships equal lots of walking, thing again. Everything that you'd want is centralized. The areas furtherest away are the areas you might visit the least, like the water show area and the sports area.

5) Incredible organization everywhere- from when you are being checked in on day one to the service in the mdr, the ship is a like I well maintained swiss watch.

The smallest ships I cruised were the Elation, Soveriegn and Majesty and for ease of getting around, the Allure had it all over them (thing was my 24th cruise overall).

Can't wait to check out the Oasis!

Thanks so much for all your hard work Mike. The wife and I definately want to go on the Allure now. Just got to afford the flight across the pond...and the ship...and doing a b2b ('cos its not worth coming for just a week for us!).

Thanks again.

Simon