Hotel to stay at near Fort Lauderdale port

Dr.roastbeef

I was wondering if anyone knew any decent hotels to stay at near the port in Fort Lauderdale. I am going on the Independence of the Seas and was planning to fly in a day early. I am looking for something that is very close to the port and will have something for my girlfriend and I to do at night.

Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone knew any decent hotels to stay at near the port in Fort Lauderdale. I am going on the Independence of the Seas and was planning to fly in a day early. I am looking for something that is very close to the port and will have something for my girlfriend and I to do at night.

Thanks!

Most of the best option are down 17th Street, try the Embassy Suites or Hyatt at Pier 66. The Bimini Boatyard restaurant is close by as is 15th Street Fisheries.

Hi

We are booked for the Courtyard Mariott Beach hotel in December, not too far from the port (although I have not cruised out of this port yet) and the beach is right across the street. They also have a Primenti Brother's restaurant only a couple of miles from the Courtyard :D I have seen them on Man vs. Food and have heard they are tasty.

Los Olas Blvd is supposed to be a hot spot, so you may want to check out thier website and look for hotels near or on the Blvd.

I have heard it's a fun port. :D

Have a great cruise!

Thanks!

The Westin with a sea view for us - Dawns are amazing - Close to bars and restaurants.

We stayed at this hotel in 2010.http://Crowne Plaza Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise

Crowne Plaza Hotel

455 STATE ROAD 84 :)

FORT LAUDERDALE , FL 33316

We stayed at this hotel but would not stay there again. The hotel is ok but it's too far from anything. No restaurants nearby and it's not in an area you'd want to walk around at night. You'd need to take a cab to a restaurant.

We've stayed at the Hilton Marina and definitely would stay there again. It's on 17th Street and is a fun area to walk around. Lots of restaurants nearby.

We've also stayed at the Sleep-in in Dania. It's pretty nice and has a shopping center across the street. It also offers a shuttle from airport and to port.

Stay at Riverside Hotel and go out downtown (walk). Or stay on 17th St and you will find a bunch of restaurants and bars. Or stay at the beach and you'll find more bars & restaurants...to be close to the port and easy walking distance to places look at Courtyard, Ritz Carlton, Marriott Beach Place, and Westin.

Hi

We are booked for the Courtyard Mariott Beach hotel in December, not too far from the port (although I have not cruised out of this port yet) and the beach is right across the street. They also have a Primenti Brother's restaurant only a couple of miles from the Courtyard :D I have seen them on Man vs. Food and have heard they are tasty.

Primanti's is about 2 miles north of Courtyard.

We also stayed at the Crowne Plaza -- located just across the street from the port, and with a free shuttle from the airport as well as to the ship.

The hotel was lovely -- with a bar and restaurant, plus a beautiful outdoor pool and lounge on an upper floor, overlooking the area.

It may not be within walking distance of much, but it is not too long a cab ride to shopping, beach, etc.

We liked this hotel and would stay here again.

We will be staying at the Hampton Inn Airport North. Free shuttle from the airport and free shuttle to the port. Hopefully something within walking distance that evening for a cocktail and dinner.

Check out Old Heidelberg on SR84.

We will be staying at the Hampton Inn Airport North. Free shuttle from the airport and free shuttle to the port. Hopefully something within walking distance that evening for a cocktail and dinner.

We are staying here in November, so I would be interested in this too. We are clueless about FLL.....:o

We are staying here in November, so I would be interested in this too. We are clueless about FLL.....:o

The closest things to walk to are Old Heidelberg restaurant and a shopping center. In the shopping center are a sports bar/grill, take out Chinese/pizza/subs, McDonalds, Wendys, Subway, Winn Dixie, liquor store, Big Lots. There might be Cuban restaurant there too. Lester's Diner is a little too far to walk to but it's east on SR84. It's a mixed residential (low to moderate income) and industrial/airport neighborhood, so it is not a resort-like area.

The closest things to walk to are Old Heidelberg restaurant and a shopping center. In the shopping center are a sports bar/grill, take out Chinese/pizza/subs, McDonalds, Wendys, Subway, Winn Dixie, liquor store, Big Lots. There might be Cuban restaurant there too. Lester's Diner is a little too far to walk to but it's east on SR84. It's a mixed residential (low to moderate income) and industrial/airport neighborhood, so it is not a resort-like area.

But do you think it's all right for a one night pre-cruise stay?

The week we are coming is the International Boat Show so all the hotels in the 17th Stree area are VERY expensive.

But do you think it's all right for a one night pre-cruise stay?

The week we are coming is the International Boat Show so all the hotels in the 17th Stree area are VERY expensive.

It's fine for one night. 17th St will be very crowded that weekend and it will be nice to be off the beaten track. Another reasonable option that week would be to stay in Plantation, but only if you can get free or inexpensive shuttles. See if Hampton Inn, LaQuinta or Hyatt Place can provide this....they are near shopping and a few restaurants.

Dr. Roastbeef,

My wife and I will be on the same sailing as you. We are coming down 2 days before and will be staying at the Homewood Suite on Griffin Rd. We have not stayed here before so I do not have first hand experience, but have read good reviews. I was able to book this room for $119 per night through their MVP program, which is free to sign up for. It has free shuttle from airport and per their website their shuttle will take you to area restaurants.

We considered staying at one of the hotels on 17th Street, but the prices are higher and most require taxi to get there. Plus, although most say there are numerous restaurants within walking distance, my wife has disability with her back and is limited to how far she can walk. After viewing the area via Google Earth I decided what is easy walk for most will be too far of a jaunt for my wife. We do not want to risk causing problems before our crusie.

Happy sailing and who knows, maybe we will bump into each other on the ship.

Archived