How do you bring water onboard?

MBRN

Very excited because very soon we will be on FOS!!!! This will be our second cruise but first on Freedom. My question is how to bring water on board, any one have an ideas or suggestions? Thank you:D

In March on Freedom I put two 6 packs of water in a small rolling bag along with our two bottles of wine. No problem.

ok crazy question did u leave it wrapped or was it loose when u put it in the bag?

We bring a couple bottles of water in our carry on bags. The ships water is quite good and we drink that when we are on-board. We use the water bottles when we go ashore and refill them again when we get back to the ship.

Easiest way is to bring a filter-pitcher (such as PuR or Brita). Then fill up bottles as you go. It's less expensive, and easier to deal with than heavy cases of water. Plus it's healthier and none of that plastic bottle taste from bottled water, and it's also better for the environment.

Easiest way is to bring a filter-pitcher (such as PuR or Brita). Then fill up bottles as you go. It's less expensive, and easier to deal with than heavy cases of water. Plus it's healthier and none of that plastic bottle taste from bottled water, and it's also better for the environment.

This is the best solution for people who can not handle variations in water taste. Life was so much more simple before the advertising industry started pushing "bottled water" that cost a small fortune compared to the tap water. It always amazes me how much money people spend to buy water bottles that the bottler in many cases has filled from the city tap water.

I really like the taste of the water on the ship - and I am very fussy re water.

I only take bottled water as I tend to not drink enough in the first half of the day. At meals and at bars I drink buckets of tap water but don't tend to drink enough when I have to walk into the bathroom and fill a glass.

I also take it on shore.

The water on board is great!

Just finished a cruise, put 24 pack (wrapped) water and a 8 pack of Gatorade in a duffle bag, put a luggage tag on it and gave to the porter with my checked bags. No issues, was delivered straight to my room. We work out every morning and the ease of just taking a new bottle was perfect. Requested a ice bucket and just put them on ice each night. Sorry do not agree that the water on the tap, especially when other guests (and there hands are on them) use them as well!!

Bring them on with checked luggage.

Very excited because very soon we will be on FOS!!!! This will be our second cruise but first on Freedom. My question is how to bring water on board, any one have an ideas or suggestions? Thank you:D

The porters at Port Canaveral will NOT take the water and deliver it to you. You have to carry it on the ship yourself. My son-in-law carried on a case last October as the porters refused to take it but he was able to carry it on. We just take a 6 pack and refill the bottles at the water stations on board.

We don't bring water.....the ship's water is fine! Bring a refillable bottle, if you must carry water with you every second. Otherwise, any bar or eating venue will give you water upon request!
Our thoughts exactly, the ships water is probably purer(more pure?) than any you could buy.:cool:

ok crazy question did u leave it wrapped or was it loose when u put it in the bag?

I don't think that is a crazy question at all. We don't carry much water but we do take Dr. Pepper. The way we normally carry ours is to put 3 or 4 bottles in two Ziplock bags and then put all of them in a large garbage bag. Then we just put them in our carry on. I don't want to risk anything getting on our clothes and we usually carry at least one set of clothes in our carry on just in case our luggage were to get lost or delayed.

We will be buying the soda package but like to have a Diet Coke first thing instead of coffee. What are the parameters for bringing non alcoholic drinks on board? And can you take one of your bottles of wine to dinner in the MDR?

YEP, I am bringing my own bottle. This one

Brita-Bottle-Filters-Blue-Green.jpg

We will be buying the soda package but like to have a Diet Coke first thing instead of coffee. What are the parameters for bringing non alcoholic drinks on board? And can you take one of your bottles of wine to dinner in the MDR?

It is my understanding that it is against the rules to bring soft drinks onboard but I have always done it on other lines so I plan to do it this time. I don't like to break the rules but they need to do what the other lines do. If they don't allow me to take them on board, I will probably not sail with them again. I also plan on buying the soda package but I like to have Dr. Pepper in our cabin to take my medicine with and it is not always convenient to go somewhere and get a drink.

I am unable to answer your question concerning wine because we do not drink alcohol.

You can take your bottles of wine to dinner in the MDR but you will possibly be charged $25 corkage fee for each bottle.

Archived