Everything Royal

timetravler

Does anyone know why the Everything you wanted to know about the Royal Princess forum from Dave has been shut down? It was the BEST forum I have ever seen.

I think it was the size of it. It was approaching 6000 posts. It would be great to have another one that covers the Royal now that it is in service.:D

Many thanks to everyone for their contributions to this thread! Obviously there has been tremendous interest and participation in it, with more than 5900 posts. Now that the Royal Princess is settling into her regularly-scheduled voyages, it seems like a logical time to bring the "looking forward to" thread to a close.

Seems reasonable!

Does anyone know why the Everything you wanted to know about the Royal Princess forum from Dave has been shut down? It was the BEST forum I have ever seen.

That was a great tread deserving to be a sticky but please not an other "Royal" tread. We can always go back to Dave's tread.

Theo

It was shut down because the topic of the thread was designed to discuss things that people were looking forward to about the Royal. The point of the thread was to build anticipation for the arrival of the new ship. Now that the ship has arrived, it is really impossible to post on that thread and stay on topic. Instead, new threads have developed allowing people to post their reviews and reactions to the ship, both positive and negative. One such positive thread can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1864053

Also, the "Live" thread, found here,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1862315

will likely continue to be a place for people to discuss the actual ship as opposed to the anticipated ship. The thread that you refer to really ran out of steam and became a self-congratulatory parade by the end. And any thread that crosses the 5000 post mark is likely to get shut down as the board host does not like to keep such large threads active.

I agree it should have been a sticky. Also why doesn't CC tell us why it was shut down. Maybe Laura can tell us directly instead of us guessing.

I think "JimmyVWine" explained it very well.

Theo

I agree it should have been a sticky. Also why doesn't CC tell us why it was shut down. Maybe Laura can tell us directly instead of us guessing.

The answer was given by a mod in the last post on Dave's thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1766069&page=296

Also, Dave has the thread in his signature if you want to go back to look something up.:D

Also why doesn't CC tell us why it was shut down. Maybe Laura can tell us directly instead of us guessing.

They did. Host Michelle wrote: "Now that the Royal Princess is settling into her regularly-scheduled voyages, it seems like a logical time to bring the "looking forward to" thread to a close."

It's impossible to "look forward" to something that is already here. Hence, the thread died a natural death.

Hi Bernadette & Eric!

As much as I truly appreciate your sentiment the 'Everything Royal Princess' thread wasn't ever intended to go on indefinitely. Several times towards the end of May I had mentioned that once she began regular passenger service the focus should indeed shift to the LIVE threads that would come about.

However, when the pace of the Inaugural Voyage and Maiden Grand Mediterranen passage reporting slowed to a crawl (internet issues onboard?) the gaps where filled with pictures of the ship, mini-reviews, and lots of questions on the 'Everything' thread. I'm guessing this was done to avoid 'taking over' the LIVE threads with too much chatter. I really wanted the LIVE thread authors, those telling us their actual experiences while actually on the ship, to have the spotlight, and Bernadette is doing an excellent job at the moment. Hopefully Carole (sunsetbeachgal) can continue with her LIVE thread letting us know what's going on while enjoying her cruise too.

And after six months of continuous daily non-stop updates often numerous times a day I really needed a break! ;)

Now that the 'Everything' thread has come to a close I am enjoying some much welcomed leisure time. I have lots of time on my hands to take care of my laundry, catch up on a ton of DVD movies, manage the Dec. 1st Roll Call, and play with my dear Grey Kitty who right now is catching a cat nap. :D

Do you notice what Grey Kitty is sleeping on?

saty8u5y.jpg

139 days and counting...and STILL Looking Forward to Royal Princess!!!

:D :D :D

Hi Bernadette & Eric!

As much as I truly appreciate your sentiment the 'Everything Royal Princess' thread wasn't ever intended to go on indefinitely. Several times towards the end of May I had mentioned that once she began regular passenger service the focus should indeed shift to the LIVE threads that would come about.

However, when the pace of the Inaugural Voyage and Maiden Grand Mediterranen passage reporting slowed to a crawl (internet issues onboard?) the gaps where filled with pictures of the ship, mini-reviews, and lots of questions on the 'Everything' thread. I'm guessing this was done to avoid 'taking over' the LIVE threads with too much chatter. I really wanted the LIVE thread authors, those telling us their actual experiences while actually on the ship, to have the spotlight, and Bernadette is doing an excellent job at the moment. Hopefully Carole (sunsetbeachgal) can continue with her LIVE thread letting us know what's going on while enjoying her cruise too.

And after six months of continuous daily non-stop updates often numerous times a day I really needed a break! ;)

Now that the 'Everything' thread has come to a close I am enjoying some much welcomed leisure time. I have lots of time on my hands to take care of my laundry, catch up on a ton of DVD movies, manage the Dec. 1st Roll Call, and play with my dear Grey Kitty who right now is catching a cat nap. :D

Do you notice what Grey Kitty is sleeping on?

saty8u5y.jpg

139 days and counting...and STILL Looking Forward to Royal Princess!!!

:D :D :D

You gave many of us great joy, especially with your pictures. Yes I do see what gray kitty is sleeping on. She has good taste. Thank you a million for all your posts.

Archived