Issues with free drinks promo

betterthanvegas?

I can read your attachment on my I Phone. I see your drink package listed. Mine is not listed. Was your package part of the 123 promo thus free?

Thanks

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

• 1 month later...

I booked April 12 with the 123Go promo - classic drink package. My confirmation with the TA shows the promo; but still not on the Celebrity website.

Getting to my reservation to see "My cruise extras" though is kind of convoluted.

I login and see my cruise. Then I have to go the Captains Club where my reservation shows up again. I click on it and it brings up My Cruise Summary. When I first login and see my cruise, I cannot click on it nor is there a tab or heading that says My Cruise Summary.

Celebrity's website is really not all that user friendly IMHO.

Debbi

We had some issues with the promo. We booked a cruise that qualified, then outside the promo time we booked an extra cruise with a seniors' rate in an inside cabin. This meant there were two reasons why we wouldn't get a package, apart from the promo not being available.

Next time we checked the web site, the package had disappeared from the eligible cruise and moved to the ineligible one. I thought I would give them time to sort it out, and a week later it was on both cruises. A few days later it was not on either one. I wasn't worried because we had the details in writing and there were several months for them to sort it out. Over the next few weeks it appeared and disappeared from both cruises. Now we have made final payments and both cruises are correct, without me contacting them at all. If they had been wrong at this stage I would have been making phone calls, but that didn't prove to be necessary.

Just a reminder to all. Make sure you have copies of any emails or confirmations of packages especially OBC.

We had a problem this year as they could only find $400 of OBC at Guest Relations on the ship. Fortunately I was able to show them a print out and so the missing $200 was added.

If you do not have any written confirmation of any deals you should phone and ask them to email a print out this information so as to avoid problems and time wasting whilst on holiday.

Bubblesqueker, that's what we were told but as I didn't have any written confirmation I was worried, which is why I emailed celebrity. It didn't show up right away after final payment though. We're from Ireland so same promo as you. We are less than 6 weeks from sailing and it showed up about a week ago. Glad because I didn't want any issues on board - the promo was the only reason we booked ocean view! When is your cruise?

Hi, we are also awaiting confirmation of Drinks packages and X OBC, our TA told us it will take 6 weeks or so to show up, but X confirmed over the phone we have both on our booking.

I'm sure it will all work out, enjoy your cruise.

We had the free drinks package added to our reservation and it appeared on the "my reservation under "cruise extras" within 2 weeks. Now it has disappeared. Any ideas?

We had the free drinks package added to our reservation and it appeared on the "my reservation under "cruise extras" within 2 weeks. Now it has disappeared. Any ideas?
We sail next week, and despite several calls to customer service requesting written confirmation, we still have nothing in writing about our drinks package. Customer services, however, confirm it is there, so watch this space........

We took our first cruise with the drink promo in March on the Eclipse and prepaid to upgrade classic to premium. At checking we asked how package would look and were told that our cards did not indicate either package, but to go to customer service once on board to resolve this issue. Customer service stated that it had no record of our beverage package, so no drinks unless paid for. We went to the Internet lounge, printed out copy of our bill and travel agent info confirming our drink package. Took this back to customer service and they said okay and reissued our cards to show premium package. They said someone from corporate must have goofed and missed adding our names to beverage list.

Bottom line---get confirmation of plan in writing and take it with you!

Archived